Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Help I really think I am losing it today

mybabechar
Just wanting you to know I am thinking of you. It is 3pm and I know you went to the dr. at 2 pm, so I just wanted you to know that you are being thought of..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 06:00 PM

going to back to work has been tough- started on monday- by wed- started working on a very swollen belly- still have it - not sure if this a typical thing that happens - feel extremely bloated. this is the first i have had this.
being back to work after 8 weeks is taxing- notice i dont have as much patience with things - but on hormones - somethings i feel like i am totally losing the bubble with everything - feels too stressful - any suggestions
Unread 06-15-2007, 07:18 PM

kjattf
Hey, sorry to here you are having problems. I went back to work at 4 weeks and I too had swelly belly and I was bloated and very tired. I only worked a few weeks until school left out for the summer and I was glad from being so tired and sore. Did you call the Dr. to let him know that you are having these problems? I have read on different sites here that you will feel these symptoms but I thought, probably as you that it would be over at 8 weeks and I would feel normal but unfortunitly that is not the case. The only suggestions that I would have for you if you have to work right now come home and get as much rest as you can, and try a band or something around your tummy for support. I have no idea on what to do with the bloating because I am suffering from that to and I don't know what to do. The patience thing not sure about I still have my ovaries but I cry and just have lonely feelings I don't know if my ovaries are working or not and I have no patience with nothing the family thinks I am a psyco I wish I could be of more help, but maybe imarkus or mybabechar might have suggestions for you. I wish you the best of luck and sure hope you feel better soon......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 07:46 AM

Hi,

Everything is ok. No blood clots. I tried to get onto this site from my laptop at home, but I didn't have my password. I am so happy it's not that, but my legs are still hurting.
kjattf, I know how you are feeling. The exhaustion is horrible. It took me almost 6 weeks to start feeling a little better, but I still get very tired. I am in bed at 7 sometimes. I don't even want to sit on the couch. Walking from the couch to my bed is an effort and it's not that far. My doctor took blood tests for everything from thryroid to epstein barr, but it all came back normal. It could be the effects of the anesthesia. I heard it could stay in your system for a long time. Some people handle it fine and others like me, it takes a while. My doctor said that it was major surgery and you have to expect this. It's a horrible feeling being so fatigued. I also experience the lonely feelings and laugh one minute and cry the next. Also, post op and don't forget, we are literally empty inside and that might have something to do with it.

Embrace the good days, and accept the not so good. Now we know why woman get cranky as they get older.

How are you doing who am I? I hope things are getting better for you. Today, at this minute, I'm ok, so I'll take it for now. I never know what could trigger a crying spell. I am setting up an appointment to talk to a professional, maybe to help sort tall my feelings out.

Have a great day and we'll talk later.
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:26 AM

It takes a while. I was pretty much the same way post op (Nov surg). My ovaries were left in so I couldn't understand it. Turned out I was hyperthyroid too. It's amazing how important horomones are in regulating our emotions! I have been on an emotional roller coaster these past few months tryig to get things regulated. Things WILL get better!
Unread 06-18-2007, 10:32 AM

What is DH's problem? He sounds very immature and controlling! I CAN'T BELIEVE he said he would rather let you DIE than have a man in the OR!!!!!!!!! What a HORRIBLE thing to say to someone just getting ready to go to surgery. Your surgeon did NOT need that added STRESS and ANXIETY just prior to performing your surgery. She must have KNOWN that you NEEDED your surgery or she probably would have CANCELLED it! You may have been the one molested when you were young but HE seems to be the one with issues of TRUST. Did he meet with the surgeon pre-op with you? This may have educated him some on your particular issues and helped answer some of his questions and allieviated some fears. I work in an operating room (as a nurse anesthetist) and I can assure you that everyone is very professional. There is usually in the room, with the patient, 1)surgeon,2)surgeon assistant,3)circulating nurse,4)scrub tech,5)nurse anesthetist and/or anesthesiologist or both. What does DH think was going to happen? Even the male gynecologists I work with are caring professionals who want only the best for their patients!! I have gone to a male myself for the past 10 years. I also frequently run into him at work AND MY HUSBAND and I run into him occasionally SOCIALLY!!! I can assure you that where I practice, the patient is #1 and we are there to make sure of that!!!!! I think you need more support from DH and your family than you are getting. Having been there, I also know it's difficult asking for support when we need it the most, especially for those of us who have always considered ourselves to be pretty strong. PLEASE put down the paint brush, give yourself some more TLC and time to heal emotionally and physically.
Unread 06-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Shining Star
Thank you for your support. I don't know what DH is thinking sometimes. He says it is for my own good but my DD told me that if she was an outsider and did not know any better she would think I was abused at home. I just feel like he don't trust me when he does crap like that but no matter what I say to him he is right and I am wrong, so I don't even try anymore. I am at week 9 now and my parents or sisters have never visited me or anything. I went to see them, my mom dad and sister went to Nantucket Ma to see my brother they left last night so it really makes me think. I only live 22-23 mins away and my brother lives 12 hours plus 2.5 hour boat ride.But no one was sick for that which I guess is good. My one sister has to have a hysterectomy done pretty soon and I will bet everyone will help her probably even me because I know how hard it is. I respect the medical professionals and I was so glad that they did not take anything out on me that was my biggest fear but they all treated me very good. No he did not meet with her because he was busy so the first time he met her was the day of the surgery and they did not like each other at all but I kept saying I trusted her. Thank you again for your support I really do not know what I would do without this site I get my support here and then I am alone until I get back on here. Thanks for caring.....
Unread 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM

mybabechar
So very glad to hear from you and that everything is okay now you need to rest and just take it easy..I am like you one day at a time and crying everytime I turn around I don't know why though but like you said take everygood moment and embrase it. You never know when you will have another one. I am relieved that it was not a blood clot and I am very thankful for that. Just remember do not over do things and only do what you can. I know I am a good one to tell you that huh but I really want to see you getting better and feeling better... Talk to you later. TAKE IT EASY!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM

HI,

It's easy to say and really hard to do. Work really helps me stay focused. It's when I'm upset at work that I start to worry. I can't control it. Oh well, another day. Have to go, boss is here.
Unread 06-18-2007, 01:22 PM

I'm almost more concerned about your emotional state and how DH is treating you than your physical recovery. I have been a basket-case at times too-but my husband has been very loving and supportive altho I know all of this has been hard on him too. It sounds almost like you are starting to be abused (at least emotionally). Signs are: cut off from family (do they stay away cuz of him?), making you more dependant on him, him being right and you being wrong all of the time(this makes you lose faith and trust in yourself and your instincts when something is wrong), trust issues, making you responsible for HIS emotions and feelings, blaming others when things go wrong, etc. If this describes him...don't let him see this. Keep in touch as much as possible with family, friends, your doctor (you can discuss these things with them and they can help you get any help or resourses you might need), and us. Since you were abused at a young age and your family is "distant", you may not really realize what "truely loving" relationships are. You are NOT alone. WE care! I care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register