Help I really think I am losing it today - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help I really think I am losing it today Help I really think I am losing it today

Unread 06-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Help I really think I am losing it today

You know I think that I do need to teach them that I need repect to. I need to be loved. Maybe not as much as I love them but I deserve a little consideration once in a while. It is just so hard to tell them because I don't want to hurt their feelings they are up there in age and I could not forgive myself if I said something and they got upset and something happened to one of them. I just feel stuck. I know I need to say something but I need to calm down first so I don't say anything that will hurt them. I just want them to understand that they have 7 children not just 6 and I need them sometimes to, I don't want them to do anything that would be wrong but just to show a little interest and concern once in a while would be really nice. But again how do I do it without upsetting them. I can't stand to see anyone get upset. Arly3 I like that saying I never heard that before.Thank you ladies for your input on this nasty situation...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 08:35 AM

who am I,

It's not you. I have those same feelings and I cannot understand why people, especially family treat me the way they do. I know I am very easy going and people feel it's a weakness and act on it. You know what's going on with my daughter, and I still don't know why she cut me out of her life. We have to be strong and go on with our lives. I don't have a significant other, so I don't have the bull that goes along with that. I was married for 20 years to an abusive man and I cannot trust another.

I would say to read self help books, but I know at this point I don't want to hear anything. I made an appointment with a therapist to find out why people hate me. I hope he's good.

It seems that since my surgery, I have this feeling of emptiness and lonliness. I cannot shake it. Again, doc says Post op. Who knows???????????

Hang in there and keep venting. This helps.

Charlotte
Unread 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM

mybabechar
I am sorry to hear you are still having those feelings. You know I think you did the best thing by calling to get help. I talked to my Dr. today and told her that all I do is cry and I can't live like this she said she will try to get me in as soon as possible to get me started on something. I am really so sorry about your daughter and you. That has to be a big part of this feeling you are having also. I would just like to know that when a person tries so hard to help and please others why that person does not get the same in return. God Bless you and know we are here for you when and if you need us.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 01:27 PM

maybe it's because I try too hard. Who knows? I hope you are having a better day. Let me know when you are going to see the dr.

I have a big project to do now. I'll check in tomorrow.

Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks.
Unread 06-20-2007, 08:50 PM

who am I:

Putting yourself first means just that. It doesn't mean you have to tell your parents anything, really.

They have learned how to treat you by how you acted in the past - action and reaction.

If you change your attitude as to where you belong in your life, that will automatically carry through. Some short term counselling on self-esteem couldn't hurt.

As I say sometimes: Just because I am "pro-me" doesn't mean I am "anti-them".

Know what I mean?

Unread 06-21-2007, 10:13 AM

Arly3
Yeah you are right. I just need to figure out then how I am supposed to change. I just hate this feeling that I don't belong. I need to make changes but still be me but I don't know how. I probably am going to have to get help with dealing with these things because honestly I don't know how to do it on my own. I have always let others treat me the way they wanted to but don't mess with my kids, my husband, or my family then I get mad but all these years I never really stuck up for myself, it's always do it to me that is fine but don't mess with my family. Maybe because I thought and maybe still do think that I am not worth sticking up for.Or because everything that has ever happened to me was said it was my fault so maybe I thought I just deserved it. I don't know but something in me has changed since the hysterectomy and I can't explain it I just know that I am not the same person anymore. Did or do you feel that way? I guess I am just confused about all these emotions. Thanks for helping, you certainly gave me alot to think about...
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:16 AM

mybabechar
How are you feeling today? I sure hope you are fine and continue to get better. Maybe it is that you try to hard. Maybe that if we quit trying so hard then we will be okay huh? Well have a good day and try to smile, cause we all love you....
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:49 PM

Hi,

It's true what you say about not being the same since the hysterectomy. I don't feel like the same person. It's a really weird feeling. It's like they took the other me away.
I was feeling so cranky this morning, but I am doing better this afternoon. My legs hurt, but not as bad as they did. To top it off, I am trying to lose some weight, but I am hungry all the time. IT's as if there isn't enough food in the world to satisfy me. What's with that?????
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:40 PM

Yeah I know what you mean I have been trying to loose weight and I am stuck. I get so hungry sometimes that no matter what I eat it just isn't enough. I hope you are having a better day today... Have a good one..
Unread 06-22-2007, 01:29 PM

I know about that hunger. I get the same way and nothing I eat seems to work.
I hope you are doing well and have a good weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register