Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
home from the castle

WooHoo, I get to be first poster for our week!

I'm feeling much better than I thought I would be ... actually I'm not feeling much different than I did recovering from any of my previous laps. And I'm hoping that that doesn't change a whole lot.

My doctor was able to perform my LSH even though she hasn't typically performed that procedure (she doesn't like the tools used), which makes me very happy not to have been converted to a mini-laparotomy. I felt pretty good when I woke up in recovery, and it didn't take long to get me settled into my room. I ordered a clear liquid mid-afternoon lunch, and when I was able to keep that down I was upgraded to a regular diet. I was still conservative with my supper and stuck with bland, easy to digest foods.

I didn't have to use my morphine PCA pump too terribly much, and I was taken off it and put on oral pain killers early this morning. The only real issues that I had were with the attentiveness of the second shift nurses ... but they also had told me that they were handling a pretty full house. And since I wasn't in a lot of pain and am pretty good at keeping an eye on myself, they left me to my own devices. The only problem with that was that I didn't have anyone with me to help me get up and walking (as my mother has been here at home with my preschooler) ... and it took about an hour and half and more than one request to get some assistance with getting out of bed and going for a walk. The night shift nurses were much more able to help me out, and my doctor approved my discharge this morning.

So I'm at home, taking regular walks to the end of the block, and trying to keep my furry kids off my belly. I was really glad that I bloated up a couple of weeks ago such that I had to dig my maternity pants out ... which I also took to wear home from the hospital today. I'm really glad that I didn't get rid of them.

My doc said that I did great, and with the scarring of my cervix from a cryosurgery, cone biopsy, more than one colposcopy, and the cerclage that I had to have with my daughter, she doesn't expect me to have to deal with a mini-period.

Wishing uneventful hospital stays and uncomplicated recoveries to all of my fellow newly crowned princesses.
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:30 PM

hello all, I had my TAH on Monday ( the 4th ) amd Kept my ovaries! I was expecting about 2 hours of surgurie but it only took just under an hour .. I went in at 730am and when iopened my eyes wen bein wheeled to my room form post op it was about 945am and then My husband told me that eveyrhting looked very well that the endo and andreo want there but may be microscopic? anyways My ovaries were very healthy after all and so she just remoevd the one small syst.

She said it was sitll good that i had the hyster because of all the crazy beelign i washaveing and said it was a mystery on why..but there is still no word onthe resulrts and was gon to keep me in till the word came back but since I toldher I rather go home becuase I havnt had a lot of help getting aroud that I been doin it on my own sice just under 12 hours post and I never got my meds when needed! ( the doc oredered 2 percocet 5 every 4 hours but they didnt get to me more than every 8-10 hours with one loratab 5 the doc was honkerblonked today when she found out! ) anyways.. so I got to go home at 9am this monring ( th e6th ) and I can set my own alarms on pain meds and motrin and walk around and sleep better now!! ( i didnt sleep much after surgurie ) .. Im not regretign it..im not in as much pain as i was right after because it took about 4-6 hours after surgurie to controll the pain ( they gave me the PCA morphine pump and then not even 12 hous later a nurse swore up and down i was a c-cection patiant and took me off of it and put me on the loratab 5 uhg! ) lol.. well after today tlaking to the dos cause she asked me why i was in so much pain and off the pump so I told her what the nuses said..but it was odd why they keep doing the wrong orders on me because i was the only patiant in that part of the floor for GYn surgurie and the birhtign part was on the other side of the floor ..who knows!! But Im happy, Im home with my fmaily . My kids ahve been pretty god on not bein ruff aorund me they been giveign me kissess and handign me things i might have droped my like my brush or lip glass and my shoes lol..they are the best staff i have had yet ! LOL

hope everyone els is well!! sorry so long and about the spellign I left my glassess in my moms car and she is going to bring them back to me soon i hope !

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Hi to all the new princesses, I came home today 6/06 at about 12:30 then took a nice long nap in my own bed. That felt so good!

My surgery went well and recovery was even better. I'm having a little bit of swelling and am a little stiff when I walk, but other than that I feel great. I already feel like I have more energy, more than before I went for the surgery I mean. I was anemic so it was great to get this huge blood sucking uterus out of me, LOL!!

The real problem I'm having is trying to get the adhesive off of my skin from where the bandages were taped on EXTREMELY well. I'm kind of "fluffy" and when I get up and try to stand everything is stuck together and it HURTS. But that's my only complaint so far, other than being a little gassy and no BM yet. But I didn't really expect one this soon anyway. Taking Colace like a good princess and drinking tons of water. Have other remedys close at hand if I need them.

Too all the other princesses, listen to me yell "Hey we made it to the other side and it's all over with, yeah"
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Had LAH on June 5, 2007

I had my LAH yesterday morning. I was in and out of it yesterday afternoon. The surgery lasted 3 hours. I guess I slept a lot during the day yesterday, because I stayed up most of the night. I am on Percocet, and since I lift things at work, since I do the inventory and ordering for my store, I don't know if I will be back to work in 2 weeks or not. My doctor will decide that next week when I go to my post-op appointmnent.

I love this site and will still continue to use it! Thank you fro all the wonderful help before I had this done.

Gwen in FL
LAH June 5, 2007
Unread 06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
LSH doing ok

Had my surgery Tues morning 7am. I decided to have my doctor take my ovaries. Every person I spoke to that knows him respects him and I figured if he would have his wife do it without ovaries then maybe I should listen to him. Even the nurse who got me ready for surgery said I had the best doctor. He was very surprised when I told him of my ovary decision.
I feel ok. I get a little shaky sometimes and I am very sore especially on my left side. No hot flashes yet, but I was on BCP until Monday a.m.
Hard still to get up and down, especially our low toilet! Lots of gas when I eat, taking Gas-X, Colace, Ibuprofen and Darvocet at night.
Unread 06-07-2007, 09:20 AM

Had my LSH Monday 6/4 at 11am all went well, was able to keep ovaries and cervix! Went home same day about 3pm. Feeling great! Never took any pain med's. Swelling is almost completely gone. So happy with my decision.
Unread 06-07-2007, 10:00 AM

Hi to all this is actually my first post... I had my LAVH on Monday and my reconstruction on my breasts due too breast cancer, hince why I had to have a hysterectomy. I also had both my ovaries removed. I stayed in the hospital Monday night and came home at 10:30 pm Tuesday night. For me the worst part has been all the pressure in my lower abdomen I feel as though I need to pee all the time, I am trying about every 30 minutes and am peeing a bit each time I am just having a hard time telling if my bladder is empty or not. I feel better today and plan on taking a small walk down the block when my husband gets home
Unread 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM

A quick info report on me, since I am new here, I'm 27 I had breast cancer at 25 and bilateral mastectomies. Tested positive for the BRCA1+ gene so made the decision to have my uterus and ovaries removed...
Unread 06-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Oh , I just wanted to share that I fond a way to help with the insision (sp) pain when going pee or sitting down.. I take one of the huge pads like the ones from the hospital and i place it accross the insision line so when i sit down or go pee that my swelly belly that over laps to my upper thighs when siting has a cushiony effect and also it prevents sweating around that area!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register