Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Hi all...had surgery on June 5th and it was ok. Pain management not good...bad hallucinations with Percocet (burning up in fires and such) and now with the Darvocet also so no adaquate pain coverage. UTI caught up to me after I was discharged on June 8th and called my MD over the weekend. Today is one of the first times I have felt well enough to sit here and write yawl . Seeing MD tomorrow....also rectocele was not repaired (sigh), having probs with bms! But "IT" is out so I look foward to the future!!!

Sagz65 TAH 6/5/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2007, 11:46 PM

Well I just about chickened out on the way to the hospital June4th, but my hubby convinced me that I really needed to go through this. We arrived at the hospital at 8 am, and the nurse immediately tried to insert the IV, which was almost impossible. Took her 3/4 hour...not fun. They gave me a sedative before surgery, which did the total opposite for me. I was wideeeee awake, and remember everything....remember walking to OR, and crawling up onto the table, and putting my arms out onto these 'wings'....feeling like I was about to be executed. The next thing I remember was waking in recovery, asking the nurse if the doctor had forgotten to sew me shut, cuz it hurt soooooooooo bad. When the doctor came around later, to talk to me and hubby, he said that he shouldn't have done the horizontal cut, but rather a vertical one, because my uterus was very large. When he opened me up, he thought there was possibly a fetus in my uterus by the look and texture of it. Yikes!! I am a 46 year old grandma of two....good thing I was NOT awake when they took a sample of urine from my catheter bag, and took it to the lab for a pregnancy test!!! My oh my.....thank goodness it was negative, and he proceeded with the hysterectomy. He discovered I also had adenomysis as well as a huge tumor filled uterus. Things went fairly well from there. The IV and catheter were removed the next day, and I went home on Thursday, 3 days after surgery.
I have more pain on the left side of my incision for some reason, just hoping its because they had to stretch me so much to remove everything.
I am extremely tired, but can't sleep, which is very frustrating. I am only taking Motrin and Tylenol every 6 hours instead of 4, and hopefully tomorrow, even more hours apart, if I can handle it.
I am so glad that I went ahead with it.....I was terrified, but now that its done, I am so happy I did it. I can feel some differences already....no back pain, no pain down my legs, etc etc.
I have really appreciated this site and everyone who visits it.
Anyways, hope all of you are recovering well. Just remember to take it easy. I know, its hard, when we are used to doing ' it all' but its so very important.
Happy healing to you all
Unread 06-15-2007, 01:45 AM
I finally found this!!

Thanx Robin for the direction, I finally found the right place to post with our timeframe! I had LAVH removing ALL June 4, and believe I am going on Day 11 now. I could write a book of a post summarizing it all but am too weary to remember the days and challenges. I was discharged the day after surgery, which I think is very wrong.... similar to the "drive thru mastectomies". With internal bleeding and hematomas I was back at the Dr the next day.
I am a 6 yr breast cancer survivor and would like to chat with others with BC Hx. Please ladies, also, share with me your inspiration & suggestions on how to deal with being a single parent, getting your kids to help, any suggestions on handling boyfriends, etc as it pertains to our recuperation. My son left on a fishing trip for four days Sat>Tues and DBF is leaving tomorrow on one for a week. Just blows my mind.......the timing I guess.
Gentle hugs to all, We can get thru this together!! Thank you all for your sharing, posts and suggestions, this site is about all I have to answer my concerns and hear good ideas! Dealing with major insomnia this week.... but somehow don't mind as it's so quiet early in the morning. No phones ringing, lawnmowers buzzing, etc, etc. I am going to call in to Dr in the morning and request something to help sleep, any suggestions of a mild aid that works?
xoxoxo Karen in Illinois
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Here's a new one...

Good Morning, All!

Here's a new one I haven't seen. Yesterday, I realized my legs and underarms were getting hairy! I know most people think, "So?" It's really odd for me. My body hair is so fine and pale it doesn't ever really show. I normally only have to shave every 3 to 4 weeks. For me to feel the need to shave after 8 days is really unusual! Has anyone else noticed unusual hair growth?

To add insult to injury for me, I wanted to shave in the shower this morning, and still couldn't bend down to shave! So I thought, "I know, I'll sit on the shower bench, have my DH hold the shower head for me, and shave that way!" STILL COULDN'T DO IT AND BURST INTO TEARS! My poor DH went into panic mode..."What's wrong? What did I do? Are you hurt? What can I do?" At least it got me laughing! I told him, "No Honey, I'm fine! Just chock it up to lack of hormones!"

Gentle hugs to all
Unread 06-15-2007, 09:56 AM
For me finally here!

Heya Folks!

Had surgery Monday and all went well. I told the surgeon no staples and she listened! She even managed to "hide" the incision in a crease (dammit that I had enough belly fat for a crease!) so it will be unnoticed when fully healed. I was out by Wed afternoon.

I'm healing and progressing (of course never fast enough ). Oh so happy to be on the flip side of surgery!

Cookie63
Unread 06-15-2007, 09:58 AM

DARN! I just typed a huge reply to Wondernurse & Cynthia to have a pop up say I wasn't signed in although I was. Long & short of posting. Wondernurse - happy to hear from you. Sorry about treatment of nurses with cath issue totally uncalled for! Hoping & sending positive thoughts your way to a speedy recovery & glad to hear thing are turning for the better. Cynthia - What info are you looking for with Anesthesia? If you had your surgery a week ago & you had
Unread 06-15-2007, 09:59 AM

if yo had your surgery a week ago & you had a "general" then all meds should be out of your body now. Only thing I know of is the possibility of a sore throat from intubation. That's about it.
Endocat
Unread 06-15-2007, 12:08 PM
June 8th TVH & A&P repair

fellow -

I am feeling pretty good overall.
Right now I am tired, and my back hurts (a too frequent theme) -- been trying to do some little stuff because I am tired of sitting around, so that feels good BUT also tiring. At least when I go lay down for the afternoon -- I will enjoy it!!
[Why do we feel so guilty for laying around "doing nothing" when we are supposed to be recuperating??]

Also, I had stopped taking stool softeners because everything was "exiting" just fine; but today I was reminded that I still need them. Not bad, but a bit painful. However, rejoicing that nothing was bulging either-- Yahoo! But I honestly do not remember when the last time I didn't have to deal with bulging when going. (I know !!)

Have been able to get thru the day w/out Rx pain meds; but also having headaches everyday - so, is that surgery residue or something else? If one starts this afternoon - I'll probably call gyn. I don't go back in for appt until next week, but I think he has office hours tomorrow.
I have a tendency toward migraines, but these aren't in that category -- more the dull, annoying kind. Although I have had a couple migraines since surgery - nothing like having your head exploding and your abdomen/back hurting!

Time for the heating pad for my back, a book and some ice tea!

Thanks for being here ladies,
Debbie

TVH, A&P repair 06-08-07
Unread 06-15-2007, 12:20 PM

Hi everybody,

Today is day # 2.5 at home. I had a TVH, on June 11th. Kept both ovaries. Am I the only one who feels the last 2.5 days has been at least 2 weeks long? I have been talking short walks, sitting up watching tv, walking back and forth to the bathroom ( yes-BM-yes, and oh, they are sooo very painfull) In between all of that, I sleep. Maybe I am sleeping to much, but my mind is playing tricks on me!! Time is moving so slowly

I have been reading everyone posts, getting a lot of good info & feedback, but I am not really sure if I am posting on the correct page(link)

Ok I am going to go lay down. Sometimes the pain is bareable, sometimes it is not........

still healing in vegas,
Clara
Unread 06-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Made it!!! I had a TAH on June 11. Got home yesterday. Had my first BM's today. Doc took out one ovary, was able to leave the other so I don't have to go through instant menopause. Hospital help was great, especially a bed in which you pushed a button and it raised you to a sitting position-LOL. I am glad to have it all over with. The only thing I wasn't really expecting was the puffer fish look and just how much I swelled up. Happily, the swelling is going down now. The staples come out this Monday.
Mvray

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register