Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Feeling Really Good!

I had my TAH BSO (Total Abdominal Hysterectomy-Bilateral Salpingo-Oopherectomy) on the 6th of June. I was doing so well they sent me home 24 hours after I got into the recovery room. I still have tenderness but for the most part I feel great. The only troubles I have is on the right side of my insicion I have a lot of sensitivity and bowel movements are painful, sharp pain during - but before and after I am fine. I am glad it is overwith. I am able to cook 1 meal a day and a dessert so far without being in pain. I hope everyone else is feeling good too. Does anyone else still have pain with bowel movements?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Hi C,

yes, I too am having problems....the 2 colace a day isn't cutting it at all...i'm practically dancing its so painful...then bleeding follows...have you been taking your stool softener regularly? I can't imagine what it would be like without it! On my post op appt. I plan on asking for another script ...just in case! Hang in there! Your not alone!!!!! Glad your feeling good...hope to have a kitchen soon to cook in....can't wait!
Unread 06-17-2007, 12:53 PM
TO: Freebutrfly

Hi freebutrfly,
I am taking 2 colace daily, though I am thinking of going up to 3 daily. It is the most pain of this entire thing. I dread having a BM and I had my surgery 11 days ago. 5 really hope this doesn't last the full 6-8 weeks or longer. I have been off pain meds for about 5 days now, only taking them as needed at bed time or when I am going in the car. I cannot beleive how good I feel after having an 8" incision, WOW, the human body is amazing - and the sheer strength of a woman!!! Glad you are ok too!! Have a great Sunday and thanx for the reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebutrfly
Hi C,

yes, I too am having problems....the 2 colace a day isn't cutting it at all...i'm practically dancing its so painful...then bleeding follows...have you been taking your stool softener regularly? I can't imagine what it would be like without it!
I had been doing so much (softeners, prune juice, high fiber) in this area to keep it real easy to have bm that, after a few days I stopped with the softeners and prune juice. That was a mistake as, I then had to start bearing down a bit more. I have episotomy type stitches so OUCH!! I also noticed some bleeding, so thought I might have pulled a stitch.

However, I was amazed that one day I thought "wow, nothing is falling out when i bear down!!" Oh, the joy of small revelations!

I am again taking 2 colace a day in the AM and eating a few prunes. And trying to be sure I am drinking enough water. It is weird - pre-op I drank water ALL the time, since the hospital I have had to push myself to do so. With the Colace- I, too, have been thinking of upping it to 3 a day, so might add one in the evenings.

I have a friend that had a TAH in April and she said Milk of Magnesia and some prunes helped her stay regular without pressure, and was gentle on her system.

Hope we can all keep it moving easily!!

Have a good day!

Debbie
TVH, A&P repair 06-08-07
Unread 06-17-2007, 02:29 PM
It's over! :)

Sorry that I have not posted before now, girls. I had my TVH on 6/8..it went well and recovery has been ok except a few bumps while I was in the hospital. I got really light-headed and dizzy on Saturday morning, not too nauseous really but I wouldn't even sit up to eat b/c I didn't want to GET nauseous LOL. I dutifully ate my yummy clear-liquid breakfast, but was still lightheaded...so they gave me some Zofran which the nurse said would break the cycle and it did.

I thought I would get to come home on Sunday as that's what my doctor had said, but his associate came in and told me no...she did not want to send me home too soon, so I didn't get out till Monday. I guess the extra day was good for me, and I didn't complain. Just, as someone else posted on here a couple weeks back, pulled on my big-girl panties and didn't cry.

My mom was in town until Friday and hubby's been hovering since, so it's been hard to post, sorry.

Oh, and by Tuesday I was in Walmart (which I don't actually suggest, I was exhausted!) and I made my PTO meeting on Wednesday. I've been off the pain meds, even the ibuprofin (they gave me that and vicodan) since Thursday. I'm just slow-going.

Hugs,

Kay
Unread 06-17-2007, 02:43 PM

andTessmakes3-
I hope you feel better soon

Wondernurse - take care & feel better :smile
Unread 06-17-2007, 02:56 PM

thanks endo! have been laying low. fever only 100.2, so fairly normal. going to dinner tonight with kids and DH - hope i can sit that long!
Unread 06-17-2007, 03:07 PM

100.2 is still on high side so PLEASE don't over do it tonight Have fun. It's so nice to get out.
Unread 06-17-2007, 06:01 PM
post op visit

I have a two week post op visit tomorrow after my LAVH What should I expect? Will he want to do a pevic or is it just to check the incisions?
Unread 06-17-2007, 06:08 PM

Hi! Had a TAH on June 11th (also had a bladder tack). Monday was horrible-I felt like I was hit by a truck. Tuesday was a little better and Wednesday even better. I was released Thursday. So far Saturday has been my greatest day. I think I did too much yesterday, because today I have some mild pain. Not too bad with the swelly belly. I get my staples out tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register