Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Hello,
A UTI, urinary tract infection, is pretty uncomfortable. If you have never had one it is best to call your doc to get it Dx. But it generally causes a strong feeling that you need to urinate, a need to urinate very often, burning and pain while you are urinating or a change in color or smell of urine. Most of the time you will know, it does burn. I have had one a couple years ago and it was so painful but I would suggest calling your doc. They can test your urine. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 07:54 PM

Thank You so much I will call tomorrow Hugs donney
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
question for TVH sisters

Fellow TVH sisters --
Curious about some post-op symptoms following vaginal hyst - I am 10 days post op and don't go to dr until later this week.

1) I know we are not to take baths or douche, etc. but I am wondering how long does the 'odor' last. I will take a and it seems like no time 'it' is there again. I don't believe I have an infection as there are no other symptoms. I don't know if anyone else can tell, but it makes me very self-conscious.

2) How long do you feel like your vaginal opening is 'spread' out (does that make sense?). I also had A&P repair and have some episotomy - type stitches, so I don't know if that has an effect on how I feel. The dr said he "tightened things up down there" - so has it just not taken affect yet? And, if so, how long does it typically take? (I had uterine and bladder prolapse - so maybe that also has affected it. Before it felt like 'everything' was falling out - so now it just feel 'open!") I know

I just keep wondering and haven't seen it addressed anywhere, so . . .

:thank you:,

Debbie

TVH and A&P repair 06-08-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM

O.K. this is an example of what i do when i am bored and sick of tv.....

Dear BM,

It's been awhile - too long in fact. It has been hard on me not having you visit like you use to - literally! Things just aren't the same.
Perhaps you'll consider paying me a visit soon. I'll even throw a little party - just for you and me. A homecoming shall we say. I'll go ALL OUT (but I expect nothing less of you). I'll fix up all your favorites - bran muffins, grapes, prunes, salad, brown rice with that lovely garlic sauce you love. And for dessert ... chocolate truffles and extra stong coffee - just like you like it! What a feast it will be!
And when it's done we'll sit round the pot, sing songs, and have a few laughs and reminisce about the good times we had pre-op and what a great relationship we had. I truly miss that.
It will be such a relief to see you , as you are in my thoughts constipatedly - oh - i mean constantly.
Sending you squeeeeezes.

Your friend forever, don't forsake me now...

me
Unread 06-18-2007, 10:56 PM

to "...andTessmakes3" -

Lisa, I loved it! I hope BM takes you up on your invitation VERY soon, and you have a moving reunion!

Glad to know I am not the only one bored of tv and sitting around! [It seems to be the theme recently.] I am watching the food channel at the moment. In this room (like my den), I have my computer and a tv, so I can "multi-task!" Just what I need to be doing!
My surgery was the day after yours -- did you happen to see the post just before yours?! It is from me and I noticed you also had a TVH - so maybe you could look at it and see if it is something you have noticed too.

I have done fairly well in the BM dept - using 2-3 colace and prunes or prune juice on daily basis. So I'll pray your guest of honor makes an appearance soon!!

Telling myself to go to bed - it is 12:45 AM here in Maryland. Think I'll be taking Ambien.

Debbie

TVH and A&P repair 06-08-07
Unread 06-19-2007, 05:01 AM

hey debbie - the odor thing - don't know. i think as long as it's not fowl-smelling you're ok. i think the pads must be lightly scented and it makes it strange smelling. i do know this discharge may last 6 weeks.
as for the open feeling - don't really have that. maybe your just swollen from repairs and it feels different. don't you see doc this week for 2 week checkup? he should be able to tell you... or post a new thread!
4:00 a.m. and here I am. maybe i need ambien too!
Unread 06-19-2007, 12:27 PM

Hey girls,
I came across your message board when I was researching post-op hysterctomy questions. I had a TAH with removal of ovaries due to ovarian cyst and fibriods on June 4. I have 3 children ages 8, 5 and 22 months. So far I am doing great. I have very little pain and only get tired when I over do it, which is easy with 3 children. Just wondering when does the swollen belly go down and when can I expect to get into my regular clothes? I am so tired of wearing sweat pants.
Unread 06-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Hi Debbie,

I had a TVH on 06/05 and noticed the discharge/slight smell thing going on too. I was talking to my mom about it this morning, in fact. She stated that it is probably due to normal post-op discharge but doesn't sound like an infection of any kind. If it was an infection, I would know it...other symptoms, as you mentioned, are absent. Anyway, I have 2wk post-op tomorrow and will put this question to my gyn and post back on the response tomorrow. As far as the other things you mentioned, I don't have those issues. So, I don't know what could be the answer to those ?'s.

For the most part, I'm doing pretty good. I just pray it continues to go this well and my recovery is speedy. There is a lot I would like to get back to doing but don't want to overdo it either. So, I'll see where I'm at tomorrow. Hope you get the answers to the questions you have soon.

Take care
Cynthia
Unread 06-19-2007, 01:30 PM

BTW there is a thread on insomnia -
Unread 06-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Bm

I too have suffered from loose bowels. But it is getting better. I had TAH on June 11th, my main problem is gas. I get horrible gas pains that nearly stop me in my tracks. Anybody else with the gas problem?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register