Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Just thought I'd drop in wiht my surgery news. Was scheduled to have surgery at 9 on June 5th/ We go there at 8 they started the IV got me prepped and then they had an emergency so I didn't gt in until 12:30. Other than that things went great. I had a LAVH. I came home on June 6th. The doctor wanted me to stay until today but insurance said no. Don't you love that. I am feeling good. I have no complaints about the hospital they even had good food!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 06:15 PM

I'm fairly new here and I appreciate all the info. I had my surgery on Tuesday at 8:00 am and came home Wednesday afternoon. I had TVH, removal of ovaries, A & P repair, and TVT for the bladder. Everything went great. My hospital and staff were great. Since I came home I have only had to take ibuprofen a couple of times - so much better than I expected. The best has been that I was able to pee after the surgery or I would have had to wear a catheter home and I didn't want that! Hope everyone gets along as well.
Unread 06-07-2007, 10:34 PM

Hi all, it's Vuebird again.

Today was a good day, still peeling off all of that adhesive! Good grief it's making me nuts. But if that's all I have to complain about I'll take it!!!

I've been taking about two pain pills a day, one in the morning and one at bedtime, the rest of the day I'm fine with ibuprofen. I did make DH run out and get me some Milk of Magnesia as I have nothing going on down below, not even noises or a hint, even with the Colace, water, and prune juice. I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable so I ate very light today.

I've had to cough hard a couple of times today and boy did that bring me up out of my chair! I had a pillow over my tummy but I could feel it deep inside pulling or something. Yeow! So I'm trying not to cough.

I feel good overall though and thrilled that it's over with!

's to all of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2007, 02:54 AM

Hey,

I meant to say I had an LSH, I am also having trouble sleeping. Am on percocet, I sleep on and off but not for long periods of time. Is it the percocet, or do you all think it is from the surgery? I feel pretty good, my stomach hurts a bit where the laproscopic procedures were done but all in all I am pleased with how well I am doing. I love this site and have introduced it to others about to have a hysterectomy.

Thanks again, I will be back to read though.

Gwen
LSH 6/5/07
Unread 06-08-2007, 10:05 AM

call your doc and ask for Lunesta or Ambien to sleep. I have been taking Lunesta since I came home and sleep through the night
Unread 06-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Return home - some minor bleeding

Hi all, I had a TAH on 6/5 about 12:00 noon. I was out of surgery in about an hour and back in my room about 3:30 - 4:00. I felt pretty good in the hospital - I could actually feel some relief from the removal of my uterus. I had a really large fibroid - about the size of a catelope - and a few others the size of eggs. I had little bleeding, passed gas, urinated on my own ... still haven't had the dreaded BM.

I came home last evening about 7:00pm. Immediately, my 22 mth old daughter wanted to sit on me as she proceeded to have a meltdown because this was the first she saw me since the surgery. After that, she sat on my lap for a few more hours and I was careful to protect myself and not use my strength to pick her up. I still felt pretty good - it must be the percocet.

Anyhow, last night I was up a few times to go to the bathroom and saw a little blood. This is the first I have seen this. I'm wondering if it is because my daughter sat on my lap?

Anyone else have an experience with some very minor bleeding?
Unread 06-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Home and detailed check in

Hi everyone,

Well I got home last night at 4:30. I had a TAH on Tueday. I had hoped to keep one ovary, but the Dr. said it had endo behind it and stuck to my colon. He called my husband and asked if he could take it out. I was glad we had discussed it before. I am disappointed that he had to take everything, but will deal with it day by day. Before surgery , I was so nervous and I was thankful to a lady that shared details on a post I read, so I thought maybe this may help some Pre-op people:

The day before surgery I was so nervous, it was a terrible day. I got to the castle at 5:30am Tuesday. I had buttlerflies , but tried to stay calm.

I woke up in the recovery with my back aching, but not horrible. The nurse was right there to give me pain meds. I remember everything in recovery and after. I was pleasantly surprised how good I was doing. The morphine pump was wonderful!! The first day was actually my best day because I just laid in bed and push my morphine. The next day they took my catheter out at 10:00 (didn't hurt at all). Told me that I had 2 hours to get up and Pee or they would reinsert it. That motivated me to get up! I did pee about an hour later. The first time I got up was uncomfortable, but not as bad as I had imagined. I did deal with gas pain , it hurts , but again, not terrible. I never did use the pillow that everyone is talking about.
Yesterday was my worst day, but I think it was because I had so many visitors, then came home and didn't get much sleep. So last night, I was in pain and very tired. I had an uncomfortable night. I wanted my hospital bed back. Laying flat was uncomfortable. Today I am doing well. I had to take a pain pill once this morning. I have sharp pains in my incision (vertical-- from below my belly button down to my pelvis), but not too bad. I am doing better then I thought I would be. I have some cramping today and my back aches some. Had my first BM today. I started stool softners two days ago, and it helped.
The waiting was horrible. I am glad it is over and I know I have things to deal with in recovery, but I am glad to be on the post op side finally.

Blessings to everyone recovering and waiting !! I am glad we all have each other.

bessiejo
Unread 06-08-2007, 12:29 PM

Hi everyone. Had LAVH Tuesday 6/5 and was home on 6/6. Still a little sore and swollen but doing ok. Took ovaries but no hot flashes so far. I am using the Vivelle dot patch. Hopefully all continues well and all is well for the rest of you.
Unread 06-08-2007, 01:16 PM

I had my LAVH on Tuesday 6/5. I feel much better than I thought I would. I'm really not taking too much pain meds. Dr gave me Tylox, yesterday I only took it once and today, so far only once. Mostly, the pain I'm having is "menstrual cramp" feeling. Go figure.

I got enough meds pre-op to kill a horse and was quite worried about it, but I guess that they know what they are doing. They gave me 3 anti-nausea meds, steroids (I have asthma), blood pressure meds, fentenyl, I had to take my asthma inhaler, and no telling what else! I was afraid I wouldn't wake up. Then afterward, I got a Dilauded pump, which was nice, but it made my eyes googley.

The surgery went well. I kept my ovaries. He felt like I had another good 12 years of use out of them. He removed everything else. He told my Mom and DH that he can't believe I waited as long as I did before having the surgery. I started my period the night before and he got the worst part of it when I was in surgery. LOL! He said that my uterus was about the size of a honey-dew melon. I had fibroids and he believes that when the pathology report comes back, there will have been adenomyosis as well.

I've been sleeping a lot over the past couple of days, but today, I'm feeling a bit more alive and am up and about some. I feel kind of weak and shaky, and my swelly belly is buggin me, but overall, I feel pretty good. I can stand up straight, which I didn't think I could do.

Supposedly, I'm going to feel sooo much better after I'm healed. Dr said that things that were bothering me before won't be anymore--even things that I didn't know were bothering me.
Unread 06-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Feeling better than expected!

Had my surgery Tuesday morning 6/5. In by 10:30, out by noon. TAH including ovaries, huge fibroids throughout including one "the size of a melon". Feeling much less pressure already - what a relief! Home Thursday. Incision sore mostly along the edges. Walking fine but a bit gingerly, which I would expect. Taking Motrin during the day, Percoset only at night (trying to minimize to avoid constipation). Being very careful about eating - light meals, fiber, lots of fluids, prunes, prune juice, etc, etc. Stool softener too. Survived first BM on Thursday. Started on Estrace on Tuesday - feeling OK so far. So, just taking it day by day, taking it slow, focusing on healing and being patient! Blessings to all of you who are also recovering - it's good to be able to share experiences!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register