Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Bleeding

Today is my 2 week mark as I had a TVH (Cervix and Uterus, but kept my ovaries for the hormones since I'm only 25) and last night and this morning I felt wonderful, then after walking a bit in the grocery store (no cheating, had my husband do all the lifting) and folding clothes sitting on the couch I started bleeding a little darker and more volume.... Of course I freaked out and called the Dr. right away, he said that it could be just the stitches desolving and leaking a bit not to worry since it isn't bright red, but I wasn't even bleeding enough to fill a panty liner so I'd be worried enough to call the Dr. if I was filling 2 pads a day (yikes)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

MILady,
Hi, I had my TAH on the 5th and have actually seen no blood for at least 10 or 11 days. I have been pretty careful and am still experiencing a LOT of pain in and around my incision but even with that I am dry as the Sahara. (not so sure what I think of that) I am so sorry but I agree with everyone who thinks you better get in about this.

On another note I want to say thanks to eveyone who writes in. I have only posted once but faithfully read every word from all of you. It helps a bunch because this morning I was feeling pretty discouraged about not feeling more normal and was comforted to find out that feeling not normal is NORMAL.

Sleep well sisters, Jean-Marie
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Bleeding with TAH

I had a TAH---lost cervix and uterus, kept ovaries on 6/5/07. I have had no bleeding at all. My understanding was that with a TAH there shouldn't be any bleeding---please call your doctor!

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2007, 03:57 AM

I'm sorry I didn't give more info. I'm 31 and had a TAH - kept my ovaries.

I will give my doctor a call today when her office opens. Thank you all SO MUCH for your advice.
Unread 06-21-2007, 08:30 AM

MILady--please let us know what the Dr says---& take care.
Unread 06-21-2007, 08:40 AM

question for y'all....wondering if its possible to have one last semi-period? I'm almost 2 weeks post op and BLEEDING (new) and my boobs are killing me....just wondering if this is a semi one? If theres such a thing? One last hurrah?

I could do without...although i have to say...that I'm not doubled over and dying with pain...or having to change every 15 minutes...sooooo i'll take it...not complaining...just wondering!
Unread 06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Freebutrfly

My husband is a Marine, so we know a few people who have been wounded and lost a limb. They have fantom pain, feeling in the body part that was amputated. So I don't think it is impossible to have "fantom periods". This definately sounds like a period, though I would call the doc.

As of this morning, the aweful pain (from being punched in the gut by the little one) is gone, Thank God! I didn't have bleeding only swelling. The swelling is no more than usual now and I feel so much better. As for the sensitivity around the incision...my neighbor works at the local hospital and she brought over a bottle of Aloe vera, 100% gel. It does seem to work, though I must say I didn't think it would. My incision looks healthier and doesn't itch (from being moisturized) plus the pain and burning around it is less. It does somehow seem to be helping, not a bunch but enough to notice. Thought I would share this since it seems I am not the only one having this problem.

I also have been having pain free BMs, life is GREAT! I never thought I'd be happy about a BM!!! HAHA! Hope all of you are feeling wonderful this morning. I cannot wait until I am recovered, though I probably will not have time to get on here much once that happens and will miss all of you dearly. I am nervously awaiting the MRI and results but I am sure whatever happens is meant to be! Have a beautiful and outstanding day!!!
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:03 AM

Hi CB,

Thank your husband for me...hes a true hero...and Thank you for standing by him.

I'm just taking a step at a time...I have my post op appt tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. Congrats on all the progress! take care-
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:21 AM

I called my doctor's office. She can not see me today and does not have office hours on Friday, so she suggested I go to the ER. I guess I will have my husband take me when he gets home from work, but I don't really want to go. Anyone have any idea what they will want to do to me????? I've had the same doctor since I was 15...the only doctor to ever do an exam on me. Can you believe I'm nervous to see someone else???? Silly, but I am.
Unread 06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
minor set back

Well sisters I am back after another stay in the hospital. I had a minor set back that could have been bad if it was not addressed as quickly as it was. I developed a fever four days after surgery. I went back to the Dr. and was informed that I had an infection at the top of my vigina. We tryed antibitics however two days into the treatment I just did not feel well and fever came back. Went back to the Dr. and it was discovered that the infection had absesed. With in three hours of seeing the Dr. I was back in surgery having the abses drained. I spent four days in the hospital however I am doing much better now. Was released from the Dr. yesterday with a clean bill of health and back on track. I found out that the infection is more common than people are informed. I just want to make sure that everyone keeps track of their temp. right after their surgery to ensure they do not end up like I did. Well I have to go rest now due to not being able to sit upright for long peiords of time without getting tired and starting to hurt some so I will keep everyone updated in the next few days. Even though I had this set back I still fell better now than I did before the surgery.

Hugs

Mistyrose

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register