Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Sorry to hear the treatment you've received Poohands & Writiste
Poohands:I loved your posting about all other woman who've had hysts in past gushing how 2 weeks all was great. One of "those" women is my mom. I selected text from that posting of yours along with last paragraph from Writiste & sent a progress update to a couple of friends as well as Mom. The two of you could not have put it better.

Hope you both feel better very very soon. Yes, some of us have had bouts of attitude as well, but hell, we've been thru a lot & don't feel great. "They" will just have to get over it! :smile5:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM

poohads,

Quote:
I have no excuse for my poor attitude today except lack of sleep, continued bleeding, inability to drive (still) and unexplained aching that doesn't seem to go away. Or maybe my personal pity party is related to my extreme frustration with this sloooooow recovery.
Is that all?? You're entitled! I'd gladly cater your "pity party" with some homemade brownies to feel better, but cooking that much would put me in a coma for a week. LOL.

I know! I know!!! Yeah, what is it with that aching? It's like menstrual cramps (how awfully ironic). I sort of wish I hadn't either but in addition to the many joys of fibroids, my 5 month pregnancy-sized uterus was pressing on my injured spine so I was in constant agony and couldn't walk. And those problems are much better already I feel bad about complaining about the slooooooooow recovery.

And sheesh, what is it with these doctor offices?
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:22 PM

Hello. I had a total hysterectomy on June 4, 2007. I was in the hospital for 3 days. I was pretty much out of it the day of the surgery. That Tuesday after they removed the pain med. I was hurting so bad I cried. I had gas in my lower back. I tried walking and they gave me gas meds. This helped some. It's has been almost three weeks since my surgery and I still hurt. I am have problems having bowel movements. It took 9 days for the first one after surgery. I am having shooting pain in my lower stomach and butt. The doctor says this is normal and I will get better. Is anyone else still have pain after 3 weeks? Thanks, this is a great site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2007, 02:49 PM

Endocat: Awesome way to handle "those" people. he he. Not sure why they think it's helpful to tell you how much better they did when they had their surgery than you're doing. Gee...thanks?

Writiste: Brownies. Yum! Yes, let's do that. Think we can hire someone to come to the house and bake for us while we lie on the sofa??? If so, recovery would be MUCH better! Sign me up for brownies!

Lovie8424: Yes, some of us are still having pain. In fact, I've been complaining all day about still having discomfort and difficulties almost three weeks post-op. You are NOT alone! I notice my abdominal pain is much worse while waiting to have a BM. Perhaps you should ask your Dr for a stool softener. It seems to help some of the other ladies on the site. Good luck.

poohads
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:55 PM

Poohands:
I'll let you know if I get any "interesting" replies Thank you ladies so putting it so eloquently for me :smile
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:06 PM

writiste,
See I am a red head and very easily forget I had surgery so had that of been me...she might have gotten hit. My hormones at times are crazy and if you anger me I fly off the handle, of which I need my pills changed or something ;-) I too would have been angry and told her off. Most of them don't know what it feels like to have a surgery like this. We are often sore and tired, sometimes not resting at night. I cannot believe this happened to you. I am sorry you had to go through this.
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Lovie8424

I had a TAH BSO on the 6th and started stool softners (over the counter) the day I got home (the 7th). I ended up going up to 3 a day, it made the stabbing pains go away. I am not having pain with BMs anymore but Iam still taking one SS in the am and one in the pm. I am still VERY sore at times around my incision, getting up and down is still painful. It is going to take a while. If you aren't on stool softners it could be why you are having pain probs in your bottom and lower abs. Ask your doc about taking them, I didn't ask I just took them - but that is me. I am not patient enough to wait for them to call me back. My theory is most people are given these while an inpatient so why couldn't I take it. So call and ask, I would NOT recommend taking a laxative though, they are very harsh and often times cause pain when you are already in so much pain.
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:19 PM

will this cake do? Wishing that we could have a maid stop by and bring some HOT AND HOMEMADE BROWNIES. Oh my goodness! we can worry about it later.....a sure cure...chocolate!
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohads
writiste,

HE HE HE. I threw a little fit with my urologist's nurse today too. They cancelled my appt tomorrow and can't see me until next week - THREE WEEKS post-op - even though he said he wanted to see me during week 1. Oh well, guess he has my money now so why bother to follow-up and make sure I'm OK, right?

I have no excuse for my poor attitude today except lack of sleep, continued bleeding, inability to drive (still) and unexplained aching that doesn't seem to go away. Or maybe my personal pity party is related to my extreme frustration with this sloooooow recovery.

At this moment I would not recommend this surgery to ANYONE! So I'm wondering what will change and how long it will take before I too will gush about this "great" decision and how I wish I'd done it sooner. (I secretly wish I wouldn't have done it at all) But one day we'll forget all this, right?

poohads
well glad to hear your dr wantd to see you at 1 wk even if he did change it---i was begining to wonder why my DR saw me at 1 week when every body else seemed to see theirs at 2 weeks. I am sorry you feel ike you wish you had not of done this---I can honestly say that WHEN we all get past this recovery time we wuil all be glad--we non e of us did this just because we were bored---better to choose the time for this surgery instead of having it done in the middle of the night as emergency surgery. AND-----we will all be well in time to prepare & enjoy Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. YES!!!!
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Thank you. I just sent for some ss. I will take one right away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register