Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISS CHICKIE
Hello my Sisters!!
I hope all is very well with you. I have a question about this discharge. I had my LAVH on the 4th of June, He took my cervix, one ovary,fallopian tubes,uterus and left one ovary.
I have had NO bleeding at all. None. Even my vaginal packing had almost no blood when the nurse removed it.
this past weekend had a smear of blood on the toilet paper then after that none. I called my doctor and the nurse said that was normal. It was red blood. Now this morning I have a light brownish-orange color something. its not enough to wear a pad but it is there when i wipe. Anyone else thave this?
Thanks
Chick
I don't know what to say--I had that but while I was in the hospital yet---here at home I could get by with a pantyliner if I were not afraid that I would need more sometime. have not as of yet though.
when are you going back to the Md?-----keep a log of what is going on. if you need to call again you will have reference & or when you go back you can easily recall what was going on to give him/her the complete picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Hi Sis

Just wanted to let everyone know....that I wasn't doing the right thing...had my 2wk post op appt today and she had to cauterize my cervix...had a lot of bleeding...(in her eyes...there was barely any there compared to what I'm used to....but it was too much for her). So, this is a reason when in doubt...we need to check with our doctors! Our measuring might be a little off...considering what we've all been through.....Although, when I feel better I've been given the clearance...for the important stuff like shopping! Can't wait!

I'm going to lay down...feel icky! take care-
Unread 06-22-2007, 02:38 PM

Free , thanks for the update. I've never been cauterized but it sounds unpleasant. Hope you feel better soon and have sweet dreams of retail therapy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 02:53 PM
No temp needed for infection

ladies! You know how they say 3 steps forward and 2 steps back in this recovery? I've been waking up the past couple of nights with pelvic and leg pain, especially after voiding (not during, but after). I had nausea too, which was odd. I did some research on the web and decided to call the doc. I was lucky to get a work in. Just got back and the verdict was a raging bladder infection. So, don't think you have to have a fever to have an infection gals... IMHO

Blessings to all!
Unread 06-22-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writiste
I signed in and waited for 30 minutes. Room full of pregnant ladies and adorable babies, of course, so I get all sniffly and emotional in the first 5 seconds. Then an assistant called me up to say that the doctor was called on a delivery - get this - EARLY THAT MORNING and they didn't know when she'd be back. Did I want to reschedule? I asked if I could wait a couple hours and see if she returned earlier, since it's so hard to arrange transportation. And she said "no, because other patients have appointments and if the doctor sees you first, they would have to wait and that wouldn't be fair to them." Fair?!? FAIR???? I am ashamed to say that I had a meltdown. I even started to stamp my foot but realized just in time how much that would hurt, LOL. Well, when I got home, it turns out they did call the house: 15 minutes before my appointment. Completely useless!
I had a similar experience with mine on Monday and today, called out on delivery both times and both times I sat in the waiting room enough time to read 1 1/2 parenting magazines. Today, when I finally did see him for the 3.5 min he told me everything was fine and even though my right leg is still numb (from the top of the knee to the top of my ankle) he is convinced that it will go away in a couple weeks. He didn't charge me to poke my leg with a needle a couple times chit chat for a min:O) Thankfully!
Unread 06-22-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebutrfly
Hi Sis

Just wanted to let everyone know....that I wasn't doing the right thing...had my 2wk post op appt today and she had to cauterize my cervix...had a lot of bleeding...(in her eyes...there was barely any there compared to what I'm used to....but it was too much for her). So, this is a reason when in doubt...we need to check with our doctors! Our measuring might be a little off...considering what we've all been through.....Although, when I feel better I've been given the clearance...for the important stuff like shopping! Can't wait!

I'm going to lay down...feel icky! take care-

Freebutrfly Sorry to hear about cauterization. I've been wondering how Dr can tell if the cauterization they did during surgery actually held. I had same op as you the day before you. When you feel better please if you don't mind, remind us what it was that you were not doing correctly when you said "...that I wasn't doing the right thing..."

Feel better soon.
Unread 06-22-2007, 03:53 PM

I want to send my "thanks" again to everyone who responded to my question about bleeding. My husband took me to the ER last night and, after absolutely THE MOST painful vaginal exam of my life (I actually cried...I *never* cry from pain!) the resident found one small little blood vessel that needed to be cauterized (sp?). He doesn't think that accounts for all of the bleeding, so they did check out my bladder in case it was coming from there, but they found nothing else wrong. Sooo, I'm still bleeding more than I should (but less than I was) so they let me come back home. I'm supposed to take it easy and check back in with my doctor on Monday.

While I'm kind of frustrated that they don't know why I'm bleeding, I'm happy to know that all my stitches are still in place and the healing looks good. I DID NOT want to go to the ER, but I'm glad you all helped convince me to do it...it was the right thing (although, the thought of doing that exam again would make it awfully tough to get me to go back there again!).

On the up side, after holding my hand and drying my tears during the exam, my husband leaned over, kissed me and said "you are one tough woman"!!! Darn right!!
Unread 06-22-2007, 04:37 PM

Thank you N_Denial. I have been feeling so discouraged but I am wondering if you have answered my questions. I feel like I have been hit by a truck and my surgery was 17 days ago. I feel "flu-ish", chilled, nauseated, struggling with leg aches, and pretty significant pain from my belly button down. (Even wearing yoga pants hurts---I don't know when I will be back in anything that looks like an actual outfit). I felt better a week ago. BUT, as I had no fever I assumed this is just what my recovery is like. I am going to call and see if I can get in---I am hoping I do have a UTI!!!---I would love to see the light at the end of this tunnel. Thanks again all of you for being so open.

Jean
Unread 06-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone else had a laproscopic hysterectomy? I'm 2 weeks post-op and feel great. I have had no bleeding and off pain medication.

I was able to go to the beach today for a few hours with my Mom and my sister. It was great to get outside in the sun for a few hours.

I was able to keep my ovaries but was wondering if you could still have hot flashes. The past few nights I have been waking up in the middle of the night and was really hot.

Also, has anyone else had to deal with adhesions? I have had other surgeries in the past to deal with them and I am really hoping that this surgery will be the last one. I had adhesions on my uterus and now that I had that taken out I'm concerned that they will form and attach to a different organ. Has anyone had to deal with that?

thanks
Kelly
Unread 06-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Oh how I can relate

I know how you feel. It makes me feel better to walk around the house and run some short errands but after doing so I am wiped out! Just take it slow and steady take iron if the doctor recommends but make sure you take a stool softner since iron replacement can cause constipation.

I had a total knee replacement a week before my reproductive system went south. Before surgery my hemoglobin was 5. I had been bleeding very badly (more like hemoraging) They tried a D&C and then tried to perform a Novasure but the equipment would not deploy. The D&C was no help so it ultimately resulted in a hysterectomy (6-8-07) before I bled out.

Take it easy, take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal. It takes a while. My doctor told me the tiredness could take months since my hemoglobin was so low.

Your hyster sister Bonnief2

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register