Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenIllinois
Hi Ladies,
I am going in the morning for my followup, on the three week mark to the day. Lots of questions for my Dr. Any last minute suggestions on HRT you can share?? The recovery took so much out of me that I didn't get to read up on HRT like I had thought I would. I am already getting "hot flashes" and feel feverish at times, and was not given anything for HRT when I was discharged from the hospital.
Thank you!! :-) Karen
fortunate for me--I was already thru menopause before my hysterectomy--so no need for HRT for me---BUT did you check out the info at this site--I have not gone thru all of it myself---but there MAY be good info here for your use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM

I'm off to the dr - I'll keep you posted. has anyone else experienced this odor?
Unread 06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
re: odor

Quote:
Originally Posted by manager15
I'm off to the dr - I'll keep you posted. has anyone else experienced this odor?
Yes, I had noticed it too and although it is not as strong now as before - I still notice it. When I went in for my 2 week appt last Friday - I mentioned it to the Dr and he told me I didn't have an odor! Ok, the doc's nose doesn't work! However, after thinking about it - I realized it is probably not as bad as I think it is - and/or he has had much worse come his way.

I have had more of a discharge lately, so am hoping that once that stops the odor (that I notice!) will too!

Will be interested in seeing what your Doctor has to say about it. Also, if your doctor does an internal exam at this appt. (mine did, and then I was released post-op, unless I have something come up.)

Debbie

TVH, A&P repair, kept ovaries
06-08-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 12:20 PM

Definately call the doctor and let them decide what "normal" is. I made a poor decision to minimize my bleeding and I guess I shouldn't have. I needed to be treated and I didn't realize it...and once upon a time I was the doctors assistant. I just didn't know! Rather be safe than sorry...you might need to be checked in order to rule out infection. Good luck! Let us know how you make out!
Unread 06-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Woo hoo! Finally!

(I'm posting my progress before I read other posts to date. Will go back and comment on those after I post)

For all of you who endured my griping and belly-aching last week - thanks!!!! I am so HAPPY to FINALLY announce that...

I FEEL GOOD!!!!

Recovery has been long. And last week was especially rough for me. Between the sudden bleeding and the "fun" that followed at the doctor, my continued aching and a generally bad attittude, I thought I'd never feel better!

But late Saturday and on Sunday the tide started turning! Almost overnight my body stopped being so sore and I actually started feeling somewhat NORMAL. Suddenly I could do more, move easier, sneeze without pain, and not become exhausted by walking to the bathroom!

I even went SHOPPING with a friend yesterday! I made it through 2 stores before I got tired. Life is GOOD! And I've started back to light work (only stuff I can do on the computer).

I was beginning to think this day would never come....

I only have a tiny bit of spotting now (after 20 days of bleeding - typical of my pre-op life!). As soon as that completely ends, I'm counting this surgery a victory!

I'm very hopeful all my sisters at this same stage have turned this same corner too!!

(Yes, I just starting feeling well enough to learn how to add Smilies. So I've gone a little crazy with them in celebration.)

poohads
Unread 06-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Hi. I went for my post-op check up today. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks and the Dr said I am doing great. He wants to see me in 4 weeks and if all continues to go well I can go back to work and life as usual.
I have been taking it really easy and I feel guilty! I feel like I am taking advantage of the situation. Anyone else experiencing feelings of guilt? I'm not really able to judge what is too much and I just don't want to mess anything up!
Unread 06-25-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebutrfly
Hi Sis

Just wanted to let everyone know....that I wasn't doing the right thing...had my 2wk post op appt today and she had to cauterize my cervix...had a lot of bleeding...(in her eyes...there was barely any there compared to what I'm used to....but it was too much for her). So, this is a reason when in doubt...we need to check with our doctors!

I also had to undergo this procedure last week for suddenly increased red bleeding. It was NOT fun, but the procedure was very effective. I felt bad for a couple of days afterwards, but I don't think it was related. Just FYI, the discharge after cautery is [normally] funky - like coffee grounds. Since we needed this to get even grosser, right?

But you are right: IF IN DOUBT, CALL THE DOCTOR!!
Unread 06-25-2007, 12:53 PM

PooHands - :clap1: I am soooo happy to hear your good news. Remember not to push to much too quickly.

Anuchia - TRY TRY to enjoy your time off. As you will read in Post op checkpoints now is the time we have to continue to take it easy. Drop the guilt - it's probably the first time in your adult life you have taken a moment for yourself & let others help YOU vs the other way around. :
Unread 06-25-2007, 01:15 PM

I feel quilty for not working around the house today---for the first time actually--and so reading about everyones reports & such has reminded me that i still very much need to take it easy---I will be 3 weeks P O on wednesday---and I will not see the Dr until July 9th (for the second time). such a long time to actually be home & NOT be able to do any real work--
Unread 06-25-2007, 01:22 PM
How time flies when you're having .... fun

Systers,

Starting week 4, I can't believe it!

On the bright side, the cramping finally slowed down, I can walk almost half a mile at a pop on numb leg, I can stay awake for hours at a time, and that weird odor is fainter .. yes, count me in that club. The doctor also said she didn't notice the smell, but since she's not used to my normal scents, how can she tell the difference? I guess as long as she didn't smell an infection, she figured it was okay. I hated it, though. Manager15, like the other ladies said, it never hurts to call the doctor. That's what they're there for, right?

At my two-week, my doc said okayed me to drive when the pain stops. Catch 22 on Saturday: I was out of cat food and Motrin (in that order). None of my drivers answered their phones, so I cautiously drove to Walgreens. Getting in and out the car was unpleasant; driving itself seemed fine. But when I got home, the incision and surrounding area felt unbearably sensitive, pain level shot up past 8 and didn't quit. I had to take 2 Darvocet to stop it. My scar looks fine. It just hurts like the DICKENS when I sit up straight for more than a few seconds. If I ease back right away, it doesn't hurt but if I don't.... !!! So much for going back to work this week.

Anyone else having incision problems? Oh, I nearly forgot, has anyone else lost their appetite because food tastes like straw?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register