Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunieB
Just wondering when all of you have the go ahead to drive again. I am 3 weeks post off and havent driven yet and its killing me. Doc said 3-4 weeks and I hope he says I can drive tomorrow when I see him. Why can't we drive anyways?? LOL

I was cleared to drive on Friday. However, due to the intense burning in my lower pelvis, and the fact that the back of my left thigh & inner groin go numb when I sit upright, I still cannot drive.

We have driving restrictions because driving (pushing and lifting your leg to push the pedal) strains your lower abdomen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kftsnana
Ann Marie, and other Weight Watcher sisters -- whether we are up or down post-op -- perserverance WILL get us to goal!! :dance2:
---luckily I am 8 to 10 lbs lighter- now-BUT before I had lost 35 lbs and could not loose more--i had the suspicion that my body ws haulting loss beause of the fibroids & such--so now we will see---

Did I mentio I gained back all of the 35 i lost--well yes I did so here we go again---ain't getting old fun---back in the day i could eat anything & not gain an ounce Ha
Unread 06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
re: driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunieB
Just wondering when all of you have the go ahead to drive again. I am 3 weeks post off and havent driven yet and its killing me. Doc said 3-4 weeks and I hope he says I can drive tomorrow when I see him. Why can't we drive anyways?? LOL

I drove the first time to my 2 week post op appt. but it was only 10 minutes from my house. Since then, I have driven in the area w/in 4-5 miles of my house. I have not driven a lot and have taken it easy (no hwys or heavy traffic). Also, I have found going out is tiring, so space trips out.

My concern is jerking or twisting quickly, hitting potholes or other sudden bumps on the road, etc. Also, if you have a manual transmission - that might be harder on you cause of the tummy muscles needed for shifting gears.

I had a TVH so do not have the incision to worry about with the seatbelt. Take a pillow for the tummy, was my TAH friend's advice.

Happy Driving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Is anyone else....

Anyone else starting to get a little scared about the first post-op sexual adventure? I know we still have several weeks, but I'm secretly having quite a bit of anxiety about it. Will it hurt? Will it be the same? Will it still be good?

I'm actually starting to miss it. And I miss other physical contact with DH (I've been too sore to let anyone touch me anywhere, even in affection.) But when I think of the actual event, I get so nervous! Right now my whole external area is so tender and hypersensative, that I couldn't tolerate contact with that part, much less with the inside part!!

My recovered post-op friends have been very diplomatic about it, but they all say it's a bit of a challenge at first since everything's so different. So now I'm skeeeered!

Anyone else gotten any reports from recovered friends?
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM

your not alone...i'm worrying in silence too....it is nerve wracking to think about...will we ever enjoy the same again?
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:01 PM

I'm with you sisters. I worry about it too. I was kind of in a low libido thing anyway, now I'm afraid that it will really drop out the bottom. I saw another thread about women having really wild dreams. I must say that I've had crazy dreams but they had nothing to do with that. I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying.

As to the driving, it hasn't bothered me much. Tomorrow, I'm driving about 45 min to my parents in a stick shift car. Fortunately, it's mostly highway, and I have cruise control. Other than the first day, I haven't used a pillow with my seat belt. I do adjust it a little higher though.

One plus I've noticed is that I no longer need lightdays when I sneeze. All that must have been from pressure from the fibroids. I sometimes feel like I've got a clot or something moving down, but there is nothing. Could it be air? I have a vaginal cuff. Not much is coming from anywhere.
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebutrfly
your not alone...i'm worrying in silence too....it is nerve wracking to think about...will we ever enjoy the same again?
well ladie s, 2 things
one,0 I will be completely healed, so i know all is well
two) Sex has not been too good for me for so very long(FIBROIDS PUSHING THIGS OUT OF PLACE i THINK) that surely this will be better--maybe we need to buid up to the act itself---ya know like when we were dating??? sounds like a plan---perhps some wine & cheese---& a movie??/
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebutrfly
well ladie s, 2 things
one,0 I will be completely healed, so i know all is well
two) Sex has not been too good for me for so very long(FIBROIDS PUSHING THINGS OUT OF PLACE i THINK) that surely this will be better--maybe we need to build up to the act itself---ya know like when we were dating??? sounds like a plan---perhps some wine & cheese---& a home movie??/
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Are you kidding??? I am petrified, not lying. Sex used to be uncomfortable at times, how is it going to be now? the main question I have probably will sound stupid but here goes. will I have the big O or will that stop since my uterus is gone and will not contract anymore? I know TMI but it has been driving me crazy to know. Not to mention, my DH is scared too. He keeps asking me different things all of the time and it just leaves me more worried. I am writing a list of questions to ask my doc when I go on the 20th of July. I only had my 1 wk post op and then the 6 week post op. Stange how each doc has different ways of doing things. As for my quick update... haven't had bleeding since the day after surgery, BMs haven't hurt in a while. Still not driving or taking baths (just showers). We have been out and about quite a bit lately and I feel really good. We got a new puppy on Saturday and she has been an amazing healing helper. It helps keep me relaxed. The most problems I get lately is the pain above and below the incision and my back occassionally hurts. Tonight was the first time I took anything for pain in atleast a week. I am glad to hear most of you are hitting the turn around mark for those of you who haven't, be patient and you will be rewarded. Tomorrow we are going to Toys R Us and then grocery shopping at a small store (NOT Walmart). Can't wait til we are all healed perfectly.
Unread 06-25-2007, 09:05 PM

i began driving two weeks post - op (to the day). live far from everything and i've been driving a lot, no problems at all. feel very comfortable with my tummy pillow. forgot it once and felt vulnerable (but no problem driving that day either).
i also had very low libido since giving birth 4 years ago. this is due to
...first, having a toddler often causes no interest in sex (i had a bad case of that)
...then peri-menopause began, before that stage ended.
i'm not sure what to expect...sex was painful as my uterus and bladder were prolapsed since giving birth (at age 37) obviously that won't be a problem any more, but i also have a fear of "what if I'm not healed enough inside, by the 6th week" and "what if my libido's even worse?". time will tell.
is anyone else starting to get head aches at almost 3 weeks post op?

dawn l.a.v.h. 41 yrs. old, estrogen patch

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register