Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Anuchia
i also have smaller appetite, and lost weight. i agree that it's probably due to having less activity. i'm usually on the go all day, work out, big appetite, etc... as we get back to normal lifestyle, appetites will likely return as well. i can't say food tastes different now but it did while i was taking meds (the first few days after surgery).

Dawn l.a.v.h. & bladder suspension 41 yrs. old estrogen patch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyw
i began driving two weeks post - op (to the day). live far from everything and i've been driving a lot, no problems at all. feel very comfortable with my tummy pillow. forgot it once and felt vulnerable (but no problem driving that day either).
i also had very low libido since giving birth 4 years ago. this is due to
...first, having a toddler often causes no interest in sex (i had a bad case of that)
...then peri-menopause began, before that stage ended.
i'm not sure what to expect...sex was painful as my uterus and bladder were prolapsed since giving birth (at age 37) obviously that won't be a problem any more, but i also have a fear of "what if I'm not healed enough inside, by the 6th week" and "what if my libido's even worse?". time will tell.
is anyone else starting to get head aches at almost 3 weeks post op?

dawn l.a.v.h. 41 yrs. old, estrogen patch
Cbrowning: ihave started o hae back aches but it always after say going down & up my basement steps--or out to look at my garden--so i think mine may be due to overdoing (even if it sounds like I'm not doing much)

Dawn: personally with my anterior repair, I am gonna wait 8 weeks--better safe than sorry i think--- Poor DH's--but hey--if we "start" too soon, then it will just be longer, right???

and we will not worry about the libido---it will be what it is--and we just get to live with it--but worrying will just likely make it worse-
Unread 06-26-2007, 12:24 AM
June 5 surgery

Had my surgery on June 5, and I am doing very well...not having any problems...started driving after week 2...haven't done much lifting..but have been keeping myself busy with my pets..and computers..and my good friends..My Dr said that I was well informed and my out look was very positive before the surgery...it is thanks the Hyster Sisters...I did my research..and know what questions to ask...I have recommended this site to several of my friends Thanks to everyone who has made contributions to this wonderful site..it has been most helpful to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 05:14 AM

rainbo55......you are so right....this site is awesome! I was at my post-op yesterday and there was a woman who looked very nervous. Turns out she is facing some decisions as far as getting that fibroid out. She is terrified at the thought of a hysterectomy but after she saw how well I was doing at 2 & 1/2 weeks she seemed to relax a bit. Of course I went on to tell her about this wonderful site. Previously everyone was warning me to stay off the internet and avoid any horror stories but thankfully I didn't listen and found all of you! You are all a wealth of wonderful information and I will continue to brag to everyone about the great group support I have been able to enjoy as I heal. Keep up the great job of healing and try not to think too much. Take care, Ann Marie
Unread 06-26-2007, 06:53 AM
I answered the "O" question for myself

This is a alert! (Don't say I didn't warn you!)

I was going crazy with the "O" question, so I tried a vibrator VERY GENTLY on the outside only. It took a bit and was not quite as intense as before, but very enjoyable. So at least I know I CAN still have an orgasm, which was a relief! Before surgery, I had so much pain during intercourse, it wasn't very enjoyable most of the time!

On a different note, I drove to work yesterday (1/2 hour away), and worked for 3 hours (I was more than ready to come home after 2). I was able to gather data for reports, so I can work the rest of the week at home (a few hours a day). I was really happy about getting out and feeling involved again, since the DR originally said 6-8 weeks before I'd be able to go to work, but at my 2-week appointment (last week), he told me I was healing so well I could try it if I felt like it.

Gentle Hugs to all!

Billie
Unread 06-26-2007, 08:59 AM

Hi Ladies....I am new here...but not to what we are all dealing with. I had a vaginal hyster, with A&P on June 6th. I have been doing pretty well with my recovery...I have only been doing what I felt capable of doing....I have become a master of delegating household chores to the kids...lol...we have 5 (4, 5, 7, 7 & 10). I pushed myself a little bit this last weekend...we had an annual safety fair here and we took all the kids...was fun to watch the police dogs in action among other things, but being on my feet for so long was hard. I passed a clot that night (1 cm by 2 cm) and doc said that was ok, but has put me on *knock it out with a sledge hammer* antibiotics...I have had a really bad odor vaginally, and he wanted to take all precautions for infection...I have not had a fever yet...but..... I wish I had found this list ealier...It has been very helpful reading through all the back posts...better late than never I guess...lol

Lilidh
Unread 06-26-2007, 10:06 AM
possibly TMI

Voracious Reader, thank you for your honesty. After all we've been through, TMI has taken on a new meaning, Like everyone else, I was worried too plus my libido's been higher than it has been in years. A couple of days ago, I was lying in bed with an ice pack over my burning incision and feeling, er, romantic???? How weird is that???. But I was too chicken to take out the vibrator, so thanks for blazing that particular trail.

As a single woman, I've also been worried about dating again (some unspecified time in the far, far future in a galaxy far, far away). What would Emily Post say? Week 2, when all I did was cry, I thought, who'll want me now? And that thought really shocked me. I know, at least consciously, that being a woman is much more than a collection of reproductive organs. And I even never identified with mine -- if anything, I was angry about all the pain and disability. But physically and emotionally, I feel profoundly changed ...
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Sapphi finally out of hospital - major complications

Well my op was 6 June but I had complications, day 3 had huge haemotoma which was then drained through a stitch but meant i lost a lot of blood so next day I was given 3 bags of blood concentrate as my maemoglobin levels crashed overnight. I was alooowed home afternoon 11th but felt unwell, was too ill to go anywhere Tues and WEds afterwards and was then rushed back to hosp on Thurs (just n9 days after hysterectomy, vertical incision). Was VERY ill, in intensive care for 24 hours, diagnosed with unspecified infection (count was 196 instead of under 5!!) kep in hopsital on IV antibiotics for few days then last Monday, 18th they told me they need to operate again as they thought the liquid remaining around initiakl surgery and from huge haemotoma was infected so on tues 19 June I was re-opened again and cleaned out. They were right, it was infected and I was in hosp until yesterday afternoon on IV antibiotics (imipenem). Now have very ugly scar as left side of my body was so stretched from the massive haemotoma the two sides wiould no oonger meet up so I have huge stitches on left side in between staples and it is all very wrinkly - i look like a saggy Buddha!!.

This hs been the worst experience of my life, I was very well cared for in hospital but I was SO ill and it was so hard havinbg two surgeries less than 2 weeks apart....but i am feeling better now.

Most of you have probably forgotten me now as its been so long but only felt ok enough to spend few minutes on computer tonight...

Sapphi
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:27 PM

oh bless your heart, Sapphi!!!! I can't even imagine, you poor dear!
Unread 06-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Sapphi, I am sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and keep us posted!! You have been through a lot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register