Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-10-2007, 11:05 AM
TAH/BSO 6 June - First time back on the computer

Hi All -

I had my TAH/BSO 6 June about 1230. I was really kind of scared of the epideral, but it turned out to be MY FRIEND! Because I have acid reflux, they didn't want to put me under too deeply, so I remember coming out SLIGHTLY a couple times during the surgery. The anethesiologist, just rubbed my cheek a couple of times and asked me if I was okay, then I went back to sleep. I was awake in recovery quite a while before they moved me into my room (waiting for the pharmacy to deliver an epideral pain pack). Once I was hooked up to the constant "happy drugs," they took me to my room. Luckily, every room in my hospital is a private room, so I didn't have to worry about bothering anyone.

Only REALLY painful times the first day were pre-surgery (no coffee-caffeine withdrawls), then my husband made me laugh when I was in my room. We always adopt military members on the local base, and one of my "daughers" came to visit me and brought me a "Hug and Sniff CareBear." My husband convinced one of the RNs that you had to sniff it's butt to smell the fresia scent. When she flipped it over and smelled it, I couldn't help the belly laugh which immediately made me cry!

Thursday was bad; I couldn't quit throwing up, which made me hurt more and required more drugs. Once the catheter was removed and I was getting up some and walking a little it got better, but still could only drink a little juice. Other than that I'd had nothing but lots and lots of ice and water.

Friday woke up and was feeling better. I was able to eat a little bit of dry toast in the morning and about 10 percent of the lunch they brought, but I was doing good enough my doctor let me come home that afternoon.

Since I've come home, I'm moving a little better and feeling alot better. Still have some good and bad times though. I've been fighting to have that elusive 1st BM all morning though, and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY! Nothing seems to help!

Anyway, I love you all and am SO happy to be on the other side!

Billie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

It's so good to read from other June 6 sisters. We were all so scared just a few days ago. Keep up the softeners, the walks, and the rest. For me the bm started when I had the percoset stopped. See if you can switch to just tylenol. Maybe it will help.
Unread 06-10-2007, 11:51 AM

hi all - so it's day 3 post-op. was just in for one day. HAD to get outa there when new roomie brought in hoards of visitors. there were 10 in the room at one point and more in the hallway - and i said "enuf of this - i wanna go home!
surgery was a good 1 1/2 hours - a TVH - and left ovaries.My lemon size fibroid is goooone - yeeha!! the nausea after was the worst part. couldn't keep any liquids down through the next day. finally they changed my anti-nausea med and i stomached a few bites of solid food for lunch.
Nice to be home in my own bed. Already getting sick of movies! It's frustrating wanting to do stufff and knowing my body can't handle it. Highlights??? My Tessie keeps me company at the foot of my bed, mom sent me a lemon tree to plant instead of flowers that will die, DH waits on me...
the bad... sore tummy - can't sit up too long cuz of the pressure. My garden needs watering badly. Really feel the need to get some bowel action here - arghhh! will try to stay off the percocet today to help? that, and maybe some MoM. other than that
it is SO much nicer being on this side! Cheers - and speedy recoveries to all of us!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Hey Sisters,
Well I made it through the surgery fine. My surgery was scheduled for 9:30am and I didn't get into a room until 9:00 that night. The was the only bad experience I had. I am sore now and still a little gasy. Well I guess it could have been worst. I have been walking each day and getting a little stronger. I am still on my pain meds and I go for a week checkup on Friday. I will let you all know how its goes. Thank you sisters for the thoughts and prayers!!
Unread 06-10-2007, 08:30 PM

Hello all,

I'm doing very well I think I think, down to only taking one pain pill at night before bed as I seem to get really sore overnight and have a really hard time getting out of bed. I've also been really tired the last two days but that's about it.

My allergies are really kicking it up so I'm having a hard time with the sneezing and coughing hurting me. I try not to do either one! I'm not taking any allergy meds as I don't like how they make me feel anyway but especially don't want to take them while taking pain meds. I'm afraid I won't wake up, LOL.

Take care sisters and 's to all of you.
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:22 AM
surgery moved to the 8th but doing fine

I was scheduled for the 6th but due to insurance problems was moved to the 8th. I am doing fine and got home yesterday. my cut is about four inches in fold of sink and it looks very good. got to keep overies. very little discharge from cut and not needing a pad. only needing over the counter pain management. Was given a RX but do not need it and I did not like how it made me feel so not taking it.

I was released a day early due to doing so well. I am suprised at how little pain I have and how well I am able to get around.

I think I over did it a little yesterday. I walked around the block three times to help with the gas and ran a fever of 100 for about an hour last night. Most uncomfortable thing is the gas.

I had hist due to fibroids and I all ready have more energy just three days out than I did before the surgery.

I send out my best wishes to all the other sisters for a speedy and easy recovery. Even though I am doing so well I am taking advantage of all the pampering from my family. I do think DH will drive me crazy because everytime I move or get up he wants to know what I am doing. Got to love it but already getting on my nerves. ha ha.

will keep everyone updated.

Mistyrose
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:43 AM

Hi Ladies,

We did it! On our way to better things! Up walking a ton...had my husband yelling as i rad away with a broom in my hand...running is a very loose term. he had to pick up the little pile of dog hair! I couldn't reach the floor.

On percs/and or darvocets....doing well...went in with excrutiating left pain...and that ovary is now gone...the surgeon was surprised that there was so much endometiosis on it. the ute was quite large and "boggy" yuck to me! So, these decisions were good...i think i was half expecting for the docs to say everything looked wonderful and they didn't know what the probelm was! I'm really glad they didn't! off to walking some more..standing while writing...trouble sitting...still no bowel stuff to report...nervous about that experience...although taking the colace to help with that! cheers to everyone! Can't wait to hear how everyone elses experience is!

take care!!!
Unread 06-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Hello there,
I am glad to hear you are doing good. I am still on my meds too. Just glad that its all over. I had to take a laxative to make me go. I finally went yesterday and still on the stole softners too. Well take care of yourself and don't over do it.
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:11 AM

Hi Sisters!

Wow, this recovery is a progress, isn't it? I had a vaginal hysterectomy on the 7th with removal of Essure tubal ligation. No abdominal incisions and I kept my ovaries. Operative day in the hospital was a nightmare with lots of bleeding and that awful foley catheter. My doctor couldn't use cauterization since I had the Essure in place, so I lost a lot of blood. I'm still a little dizzy and have low blood pressure. They gave me so much IV fluids my eyes got swollen and I gained eight pounds. Yes, EIGHT!!! The day after surgery, I lost my PCA pump, started on oral meds, felt great, and came home.

Saturday was awful. The swelly belly is a curse! I don't know why, I thought if I didn't have any abdominal incisions, I wouldn't have the swelly belly. Ugh! I was obsessed with having a BM thinking that would make it better, so I did the whole stool softener and laxative thing, which made it worse to the point of being up all night vomiting! Ugh!

Sunday was a little better, still dizzy and nauseous, but was able to move around a bit more, but then I got an increase in vaginal drainage! If it's not one thing, it's another! It was more serous than bloody, but still scary.

This morning I'm still dizzy, still naseous, and still have a swelling belly and enough gas to power a hot air balloon. Ugh! This is horrible. I think the pain meds are what's making me sick, so I'm going to switch to motrin.

Incredibly enough, with the loss of my uterus came the loss of the crippling back pain I've been suffering for the past ten years. I always knew the two were related, but doctors kept blowing me off. So far I'm happy, and I wish I would have done this sooner.
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:37 AM

Girl the gas is no joke. I still have a swelly belly. The surgery went fine as well. I have an appointment on Friday. I was on demeral in the iv and then switched to percocet and motrin. I am trying to wean myself off of the meds, but I will take them as long as I need them. Drink plenty fluids too!! Well take care.....we did it!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register