Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbowers106
I was wondering is anyone else is having nausea and an upset tummy? The doctor said it could be my hormone kicking in. Thanks! Amanda
Hey there,
I am having the same thing. I started spotting yesterday and it was a brownish color. The doctor I should worry if it becomes red. I have also had some cramping, but not much. I am going to keep watch of it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 09:31 PM

yes, aj137. i agree. if i had no symptoms, i'd stay off of it. i usually don't take prescriptions unless the physician can convince me i need it to survive.
but without the estrogen patch, i can't even live with myself. not hot flashes, that never happend. my symptoms are exactly the same now, as they were pre-op (perimenopause for a year or two now). just having the moods issues, night sweats, insomnia (that's my worst symptom).
glad to hear you're not having anything you can't handle. i hope it says that way for you. some women need no hormone therapy. i'm wondering if there are women who are really suffering out there, but won't take the therapy and why. are there some dangerous effects i don't know about?
Unread 06-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverSore
KDARM:
I think the hormone thing is an individual thing--as everyones body is different.
FYI:
I am not on, nor will I ever be on any HRT--personal preference--BUT my 89 yr old MIL was and she finally stopped taking HRT because she thought she should---NOT because she didn't need it. And she had her Hysterectomy when she was in her 40's. So age apparently has nothing to do with it---
I completely agree. We are all different, and it was different paths that brought us to this particular road.

I personally am choosing no HRT just to ward of regrowth of endometriosis. I have kept the prescription in case symptoms get so bad that I change my mind. As of yet, I don't have many of those symptoms, if any. I have never put drugs in my body just because, and I don't plan on starting now. I have taken medicine when symptoms indicate that I need medicine. That's how I'm looking at HRT. The doc wanted me to take it because of my age. I don't know that age should be the determining factor.

Did you see the thread from the sister who went on the patch after her hyst and is now having what she suspects is endo pain just months after her surgery? I am trying to avoid that if I can.

On the other hand, estrogen and HRT has been great for some ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2007, 09:55 PM

kenda...
thanks for clueing me in on one of the reasons people may decide against hormone therapy, despite their menopause symptoms. i feel for you ladies with endo. i know how hard it is to completely shed, and the possibility for re-growth. i would definitely try to avoid HRT if that were a possible consequence. i feel very lucky that nothing was found that could cause me further complicaitons, and i wish you all wonderful outcomes!!
Unread 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM
cyw

I too feel this aweful rage. I feel so angry over things that before my surgery didn't bother me. My 2 yr old has cancer and before when people would stare at him while we were shopping (he wears a protective mask) I would just explain to them why. Now I feel such rage I tend not to go places like Walmart, there are too many people and he always gets sick regardless of any precaution we take. I hate the fact that I am getting meaner. I don't get hot but cold almost freezing. And for the past week cannot go to bed before 3 am. Is this what life is like now??? I am taking premarin .675, I think I need something else and A LOT of it. I cannot take being this way, I am afraid to see my friends in fear they will not understand and get their feelings hurt. Even my DH says I am very blunt and make people cry. What is wrong with me??? And the crying, what's up with that? I don't cry over my sons illness but cry over watching my oldest dog play with the new puppy, am I crazy??? AHHHHH! Frustrating!!!:confuse:

But I am so blessed at the same time, now I can focus everything on my sons (esp the youngest) and not be in so much pain that I cannot focus. THings happen for a reason and I life is crazy but going though all of this has made me realize how precious life is and I look forward to when I am healed so I can hold my kids again and play with them without hurting!!! I do hope you start feeling better, I am calling the doc tomorrow for a change in my meds. Thank you for posting your probs with HRT or I would have thought it was me and probably done nothing. You are all BEAUTIFUL people!!!
Unread 06-27-2007, 10:13 PM

Got a question... Was anyone on Lupron Depot before their surgery? I was on it for over a year and when I had the surgery they couldn't find anything (endo, adno, fibroids, cysts etc.) that was causing my pain. But I would have clots the size of tennis balls on occassion, most were smaller though. I had 2 lapaorscopies done (both before the Lupron started), the first (done Feb 1996) showed a lot of scarred tissue but the second (done Sept 05) showed nothing. But I still had TONS of pain and bleeding all of the time. My doc couldn't explain it, I had a bicorunate uterus but he didn't think it was related. Anyone have any ideas, not that it matters now. This surgery was the best thing I could have done and I am feeling incredible today. We went out from noon til 4 pm and shopped. It was amazing. The only problem I have is my leg muscle are sore from not being used much. That and a dull ache near the incision. But it doesn't hurt just feels irritated externally. Any clues???
Unread 06-27-2007, 10:28 PM
take HRT or not to??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyw
why are some people so against, or sure they won't take HRT? I realize it can increase the risk of stroke but so did the birth control i was on for 26 years (somewhat controlled periods).
I'm not putting down the decision, just wondering. do you not have any menopause symptoms? i've always been easy going and nothing really gets me too angry but since peri-menopause, i've felt such rage for no reason or irrational thinking at certain times (dr. explained why), i scare myself.
For me personally, I can not take HRT because of my veins. My gyn tried it a year or so ago and within 2 weeks I had phlebitis.
I have taken the herbal kind w/out vein trouble but had trouble losing weight on it. I opted to put up with the peri-menopausal symptoms and lose weight! I am still working on getting to my goal weight, but it seems that the menopausal symptoms have lightened (ie. hot flashes are more like a warm rush!)

Debbie

TVH, A&P repair, kept ovaries
6-08-07
Unread 06-27-2007, 10:30 PM

I think it is great you went out & spent 4 hrs shopping, and felt no ill effects. Congratulations!! I am glad for you!!!

I went out just to a furniture store to pick up a chair and to the vegetqable stand near the store & I was ready for a rest later in the afternoon. No clues about the irritation--sorry
Unread 06-27-2007, 10:35 PM

CBROWNING
i'm so sorry to hear about precious 2-year-old's cancer. I'm going to include him in my prayers tonight (i often forget but not tonight).
remember that what each of us are put through matches our strength, so hang on to yours.
menopause doesn't last for the rest of our lives, thank goodness... and even better news, I'm told that when menopause is surgically induced, it is much shorter (is that your case, by chance?).

it's ignorance that causes others to stare. keep up the good work, educating people. if they spend the time to pay attention, they're probably curious.
you ended with a positive statement. that sounds like your true nature. you sound strong and you will get through this gracefully, i'm sure.
when i identify something irrational that i'm doing or thinking, i allow myself to feel the feeling and then tell myself that it's not really me, it's temporary, and i'll get through this.
best of luck with both your son's health, and with your recovery and hormones.
one more thing... i also use "st. johns wort" to help control my moods. it worked so well, i'd get compliments about how happy i looked. i started to think i may be using it like "prozac", so i didn't use it consistently. just the night before (and day of) a stressful work day, court, presentation, etc...

Dawn (Ontario Canada) L.A.V.H. & bladder suspension, cervix and ovaries removed, estrogen patch, 41 yrs. old
Unread 06-27-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrowning1
I too feel this aweful rage. I feel so angry over things that before my surgery didn't bother me. My 2 yr old has cancer and before when people would stare at him while we were shopping (he wears a protective mask) I would just explain to them why. Now I feel such rage I tend not to go places like Walmart, there are too many people and he always gets sick regardless of any precaution we take. I hate the fact that I am getting meaner. I don't get hot but cold almost freezing. And for the past week cannot go to bed before 3 am. Is this what life is like now??? I am taking premarin .675, I think I need something else and A LOT of it. I cannot take being this way, I am afraid to see my friends in fear they will not understand and get their feelings hurt. Even my DH says I am very blunt and make people cry. What is wrong with me??? And the crying, what's up with that? I don't cry over my sons illness but cry over watching my oldest dog play with the new puppy, am I crazy??? AHHHHH! Frustrating!!!:confuse:

But I am so blessed at the same time, now I can focus everything on my sons (esp the youngest) and not be in so much pain that I cannot focus. THings happen for a reason and I life is crazy but going though all of this has made me realize how precious life is and I look forward to when I am healed so I can hold my kids again and play with them without hurting!!! I do hope you start feeling better, I am calling the doc tomorrow for a change in my meds. Thank you for posting your probs with HRT or I would have thought it was me and probably done nothing. You are all BEAUTIFUL people!!!
I am SOOO glade to ready your message! I was just on the phone crying to a friend (it's 2am) that I am full of anger and I don't know why. I was all over my son today---it was like a monster had taken me over---I was yelling at him for no reason and saying things that I NEVER would have. He is 13 and luckily has some understanding of what I'm going through. I am not on HRT---kept ovaries (TAH--lost uterus and cervix, age 39). It seems that if I'm not crying I'm yelling at someone----and it can vary sentence to sentence---such a roller coaster!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register