Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Hi Kelly,
Glad to hear you're feeling better, you and I had the same procedure done on the same day. I get the hot flashes too once in a while and discussed it with my DR and he said because of the hormones still adjusting and fluctuating, we will experience some hot flashes and night sweats. I keep my AC on when it's hot so I'm not miserable especially at night, it helps me sleep better.
Take care,
Cristina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Thanks Cristina!
I thought that since I kept my ovaries I wouldn't have to deal with hot flashes yet. It's nice to hear other women are dealing with the same thing.

Have a great day!
Kelly
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:29 AM

4mysunshine - OMG the thought of you slipping off of the stairs sent chills all over. I am not wearing a binder or anything, but maybe I should. I have a little "hunk" of skin that seems to get bigger as the day goes on. Thank goodness for my gym shorts and t-shirts.

nhkel39 - I have been walking around our pool also. Just taking it slow. It feels great not having any impact. I haven't had any hot flashes yet. I have my ovaries too. I guess thats coming next....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 08:34 AM

Hello NH,

I too have been having hotflashes...I have one ovary left. I think its our hormones leveling off...at least thats what I've been told...extreme migraines too...also an indication. things should settle down for us by the 6wk mark...we'll see how it goes! Its a hard thing to go through...I'm in mass and it hit 98...the muggies were awful! Hang in there!
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Hi Freebutrfly,

The muggies were awful. Much better today though. I'm hoping things level off, I'm just not sleeping well at night. I wake up a lot. Sorry to hear about your migraines. I have a girlfriend who suffers from them and they are awful. I hope those don't last long for you.

Take care
Kelly
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:57 AM

Venting.....Most of the time, I feel like I'm on a pretty even keel. Our three adopted kids all have some degree of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome which comes with ADHD and impulsivity. The 9 yo gets in everybody's business, thinks he knows everything (though he is delayed), and exhibits symptoms of BiPolar Disorder, Reactive Attachment Disorder, Oppositional Defiance, Obsessive Compulsive, etc.

He was sent last night to clean the gick out of the dog water dish. It didn't get done. He and his brother were playing in the rain and acting up this morning so I started them on math. (I think all kids should do some school work over the summer---especially those kids who are behind.) When he told his sister (three grades ahead of him) that hers was easy, I told him to be quiet and figure out what was in front of him. He smarted off, " I know what's in front of me....a book." Then threw his brother a look that said he was so much smarter and funnier than anyone else.

That never cuts it, especially now post surgery. When I growl, I roar. He has been shut behind the closed door of his room until his math is finished. I am trying so hard to not roar.

I'm glad it isn't all the time, and that I am still me. Oh for grace to love them through the frustrations! with or without estrogen.
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Kenda,

I can't even imagine what your going through...sounds like you have patience of a saint.... venting is good and a MUST! Keep on venting to us!

Kelly,

Yes, today is a much better day...I go back to work Monday and its funny...I had hopes that I would have been out basking in the sun this week. That didn't happen...sniff...so still white as a ghost. I hope your hot flashes subside...I think our bodies are still in shock a bit and need some more time to bounce back.
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:38 AM

i thought i was going nuts when i had a really bad hotflash episode last week,,, nice to know I'm not crazy.
week 3 and i feel really good. yesterday took the kids and dog to the beach and i definitely felt sore after.... maybe just walking in the sand. there's my reminder........ still healing. all of you that had abdominal hysts are queens.... don't know if i coulda dealt with the longer recovery. My doc said i could swim too... hmmmmm. think I'll just wait a bit to be safe... the YMCA pool is sooo used.
sent my docs office some flowers and thank you yesterday. included a good joke for a laugh. think I'll share the humor...

So there's a gynecologist who, after many years, decided to go for a career change. Being good with his hands he decided to be a mechanic, as he always loved tinkering with cars. so he goes to mechanic school and eventually finishes the course. He had to take his final exam at that point.
A week later he gets his results in the mail ... 150%. He wonders whether it is wrong so he calls the instructor. He says "I don't mean to appear ungrateful, but I was wondering how I could get 150% - there must be some mistake".
"No mistake" said the instructor. "The first part of the exam was disassembling a car - and you did it perfectly, so you got 50%. The second part was reassembling the car, and you did it perfectly so you got another 50%."
"And the other 50%? asked the man.
"Well I gave you the extra 50% cuz you did it all through the muffler"!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:50 AM

That was soooooooooooooooooooo funny I am holding my belly and laughing, it hurts if I don't hold it
My 4 year old has been a trooper through this surgery it is my 12th surgery in just over 2 years, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 25 so she has zero memory of healthy mommy, she plays nurse with me and wants to see my booboos all the time. I think me being stupid and picking her up honestly had more to do with being honkerblonked off that I couldn't. If that makes any sense at all.....
I am glad to hear others are having emotional issues, I have cried for reasons I can't explain and have had to be very careful to not speak to peopel when I am in a bad mood because I seem to loose it big time, I always thought I was a pretty nice person, now not so much Still have pressure in lower abdomin but past that feeling better.......
Unread 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM

Emotional Issues - since having my surgery I've threatened to leave my husband at least 5 times a day (said I'd leave the kids too a couple of times). I don't know what it is - I think I'm just bored or something.

Went to the doctor about the bad odour - He said it wasn't normal and gave me a Rx. Odor cleared up in 24 hours. Thanks for you support everyone. I'm feeling much better now that I don't stink!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register