Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-11-2007, 10:55 AM
1st BM! YEA!

I finally had my first post-op BM last night! : WHAT A RELIEF!!! I finally took a ducolax yesterday and started eating an Activia Yogurt every day...hey their commercials say helps with regularity/bloating, etc...figured it couldn't hurt!

Not to give medical advice, but I did follow my SIL suggestion (she's a nurse practitioner). If you have to go the Ducolax route, if you use the suppositories it does not cause gas like the pills can. Although I HATE suppositories, I didn't have any gas pains.

I can't believe how much better it is to finally have a normal movement!

Here's wishing all of us a speedy recovery!

Billie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Yes celebrating the big BM is a wonderful thing!!!!! I took a little milk of magnesia and it worked like a charm!

My back pain also disappeared as soon as the surgery was over, I noticed it laying in the recovery room. I don't know if anyone saw one of my first posts but now I know what was causing all of the tummy and back pain 24/7, the doctor said I had a large fibroid (among a bunch more) that had grown out of my uterine wall to the outside, then it made a u-turn, AND GREW BACK INTO MY CERVIX and was heading down and out of my vagina. OMG! My little alien fibroid, LOL! Thank goodness that is out of me! Ick. No wonder I felt immediate relief when the surgery was over.

Now on to recovery for all of us, no more pain, cramps, bleeding, anemia or misery. Yes the road to recovery will be bumpy but let's all remember how miserable we were before.

And yeah for regular BM's
Unread 06-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Had LSH which turned included a mini laprotomy due to fast growing cyst on r-ovary which was adhered to uterine wall so that was removed with uterus. Doing good overall. Taking percocet 1/4 to 1/2 tab 2 - 3 hrs during day.
Got out of hospital within 24 hrs of surgery as I had urine splash on me when container CNA was using to empty catheter bag broke, she panic & decide to flick her gloved hands about while flipping out vs calmly getting paper towels from bathroom & mopping up etc. Then next morning food person spilling a full glass of ice water on me, the bed & my IPod because she decided to push the food tray on the crowed table (only table I had) vs simply removing a small stack of magazines I was reading to make room. Needless to say after second event I flipped out, after I jumped out of bed to get towels to dry myself off while she stood there with head in hallway asking for someone to bring her a towel. What is wrong with these people? Get towels out of the bathroom which is a few steps away! Here I am drugged, in pain, and yet I figured that simple task out. Dr came in about 1/2 hr later saw something was wrong & when she heard it all she immediately released me. It could all be very funny except it is sooooo amazing the lack of common sense some people have.
BTW Swelly Belly band purchased on this site is a godsend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 03:52 PM

Love that! OMG! Sometimes it makes me wonder! I feel as though they need to switch places....I waited an hour and 1/2 for pain meds...I was ready to jump through the phone...finally i just said...that I think I'm ready to head out...couldn't take it any more!!!!!!!

Speaking up is the way to go....! Thank goodness we're home! yippeee!
Unread 06-11-2007, 04:36 PM

Yes Yipppppeeeeeeee
Unread 06-11-2007, 04:43 PM

and its getting better every day!! When do you ladies go back for your post op appointment?
Unread 06-11-2007, 04:52 PM

I go back on 6/22...exactly the 2week mark...need clearance in writing before i can go back to work...you?
Unread 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM

I go this coming Wednesday to get my staples out and have post op checkup. Do they do any kind of internal exam at these? I really don't want my gyn back in there yet, it's only been a week! OOPS, nevermind, I just saw someone had posted that same exact question on this board, sorry!
Unread 06-11-2007, 05:26 PM

It's so good to read the progress of others.

MistyRose, 3 blocks? That probably was a bit early, but you did it. You should feel like a tired SuperWoman.

Pittsburghgrrl, My theory is that changing to Motrin helps. Did it?

Billie, I thought the eagle landed at the hospital. (BM) I discovered the next day that it had only swooped. The eagle has landed so many times around here that it's making me tired. (and I still have in a catheter!) The endo must really have had my bowels because I did more the last two days than I have in the last two weeks prior to surgery, or close to it.
I'm glad your eagle landed too. LOL

Robin, so glad the pain is gone. Fibroids are beasts!

My days 5/6 update: Day 5 evening: sick. I don't really get nauseated, but my stomach was definitely upset. I didn't know which end needed most to expel something, but I sure didn't want to heave! I put off taking percoset at bedtime because I was afraid it would upset my stomach more. I finally gave in and took it. Then I felt like I had to pee. I checked my catheter line and it needed drained to the bag, several times. That relieved my stomach some. I went to the br and had bm and felt a substantial amount of pee leak around the cath. Blegghhhh. By 1:30, I decided to go back to bed, but it still took a while to go to sleep.

Day 6: Woke up feeling waves of pain in my bowels. After three different waves, not diarhea though, within just a few minutes, I felt so much better. That must have been why I felt icky last night. I had a shower and air dried my incision like the nurse said. Then I squeezed my "corset" from the hospital back on. Other than it coming too close to my incision, it helped a lot today. I took a nap this afternoon and woke up feeling too squeezed though and had to take it off. I think I'll wear it again tomorrow.

Too much info? Sorry. Oh, I was able to walk several different times and wear mostly normal clothes today. It's hard to find clothes that are comfortable but conceal my leg bag, so I've been in a nightgown...until today. I cut off a pair of my "fat pants" to just below knee length. They were plenty baggy for my swelly belly (with or without the corset) and long enough to cover my leg bag. I wonder if I have more to cut up for tomorrow? Wednesday, the cath is to come out. Oh, please, let it be.
Unread 06-11-2007, 06:08 PM

i was just coming in here to post about bm and noticed that there were other celebratory posts regarding post-op/home bm!!! This is some exciting stuff, like milestones!! Let me tell you though, it IS A RELIEF!!!! I haven't had much pain but I had been going through some discomfort which has gone away or at least gotten better after my first bm at home. I did talk my hubby into letting me go with him to the whole foods market to get some homeopathic stuff which I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not - mainly I was drained after that little trip and i live in florida and the miami sun was heating up a storm today!!! But all is good. I feel really good otherwise (don't want to advertise it too much what with 3 boys and my husband I'd be NUTS to do that).

A major improvement on the pain med front was that I went without a dose for most of the day!!! yippee!!!! Took a dose of davocet (1.5 pill) at 8:00a and the followup at 6:00p!! Started taking aloe vera pill to help with the bm, and am also taking vitamin e, mezotrace (calcium/magnesium), flax seed, arnica (swelling etc), and thiosinaminum (helps prevent/break up scar tissue) - ordered a recovery homeo but it hasn't gotten here yet.

Hugs and kisses to all sisters out there.
Cristee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register