Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 07-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

I started my 4 th week today Monday. I had my t/A/H june 4th. I am just starting to feel good HURRAY!!!!! It was slow but feels good to feel good again!Hope all my Hyster sisters are doing better now. Take care and don't hurry to fast your body will let you know and FAST! My DH said if I did to much and take a back set he is moving him and grandson to Miami!Ha I don't beleave him. Hugs donney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2lop
Cricket,
Did your doctor tell you how long it would be until you can ride? It's hard to see everyone else riding and not be able to go. It's been making me crazy. My horse has been looking at me like "come on mom let's go"....I have been out in the barn and pasture visiting him a lot but I know he wonders what's going on.

luv2lope
No he didn't say how long, My next post-op apt in on the 12th, hopefully he'll say it's ok to ride...Right now I'm just listening to my body..
Our farrier is coming out today to shoe everyone..gotta get ready for camping don't ya know..lol...
Hopefully we'll both be able to ride soon...

Happy trails and happy healing...
Unread 07-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Birthday today a Whole 25 years old.

My DH is throwing me a big BBQ party and will have a lot of people over.... Which we all know will make tons of drinks to get, garbage and dishes to clean up. I'm hoping he has a plan:O)

Fourth week starts on Wed and I'm excited as the doc thinks I'll be good to go on my 5th week since I'm healing so quickly! Yeah, to be normal (I can't say again because it was so painfull before that I'm welcoming anything that comes since the TVH). I've heard a lot of ladies complaining about back pain and headaches, the only thing that has helped me with that, besides medication, is swimming (which I have been cleared for, don't do it if not). Not laps or anything our pool isn't that big, but being in the water and floating around stretches things out without pulling, and it beats being on the couch all day watching all my movies I've seen twice each since the surgery:O)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Happy Birthday Happy hyster!
Unread 07-02-2007, 11:27 AM

Oooh, fun, a party. Just let everyone get their own drinks! (This is the regular rule in my house, I get you the first drink on your first visit, and after that, you are on your own.)

I just took my first bath yesterday (I'm 2 days behind you) and have to wait another 3-4 weeks for swimming, but that's because we don't have a pool, it's a public pool which my doctor said is a horrid germ breeding ground. I am pretty sure he would have let me in our own pool if we'd had one, since he asked "whose pool" when I asked about swimming.

Have a great time at the party!

Kay
Unread 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endocat
HI everyone.

So been doing really really well with exception ....

Last thing - just forgot - any of you gone thru having fine BMs 1st & second week to now having problems???? What gives? '

Taking a : now. Best to everyone.
HI Sisters,
I posted this question yesterday around 11:am it was at the end of long posting but haven't received any responses - anyone having same issue?
Unread 07-02-2007, 12:59 PM
re: change in BMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by endocat
HI Sisters,
I posted this question yesterday around 11:am it was at the end of long posting but haven't received any responses - anyone having same issue (re: BMs)?
Actually, I have been having a change with them too. I had been taking Colace and prune juice or prunes daily since surgery, and sometimes a high fiber cereal - and was not having trouble going at all. Then I missed the Colace a day here and there, even though I still eat prunes or drink prune juice - and now it is more stressful to go. I am going every day, 2-3 times a day (normal for me), but I feel like I have to bear down more than before. A couple times I thought I may have 'popped a stitch' or something because I noticed blood on the toilet paper and it was coming from the area of my stitches (so not hemmoroids). Also, for me high fat foods would act as a laxative, and that is not the case any more either. Had wondered about spacing the Colace out throughout the day instead of just in AM, but then I tend to forget to take them. I do know I should drink more water, as I read that somewhere else.

I am not sure if this is the 'problem' you are having, but as with everything else in this process, you/I/we are not alone!

Debbie

TVH, A&P repair, kept ovaries 6-08-07
Unread 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM

[quote=happyhyster82]My DH is throwing me a big BBQ party and will have a lot of people over.... Which we all know will make tons of drinks to get, garbage and dishes to clean up. I'm hoping he has a plan:O)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Happyhyster!

Pleeease remember that you are still a healing princess....let the guests get their own drinks...in our house they would go thirsty! Not to mention...on top of it all...you are the Birthday girl! Enjoy yourself and take care!
Unread 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM
re: change in BMs

Debbie

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone although I certainly do not wish you the same trouble or any for that matter
Yes it's similar. Stopped the Colace since having no problems then ??? 5 days later BAM no movement & major bear down to get anything. Uggggg. I've been worried that I have developed a bowel obstruction since this has been going on for last 3 days after I worked in office all day Weds/Thurs/Fri & paid dearly for it. I don't go back to DR until 10th Now I am not as worried. THANK YOU
Unread 07-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Hi Endocat,

I've had some issues of needing to go and having a hard time to having to run for the bathroom....when its solid its a hard time! I've been forgetting my colace too the past couple of days...but in the past couple I've been running for the bathroom....sooo it just depends...hard to figure it out... We'll just keep rolling! Healing is tricky stuff...you guys want to laugh? The other day I was p'ing and had to sneeze at the same time out of no where....hubby said to me...gee I didn't think that was possible!? It certainly was....ocheeeeeeey! I had to take a darvocet after that one! aaah the joys!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register