Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohads

Today is my week 4 and I'm still having problems and think I should call my doctor. Before I do, is anyone else still having?

1) Significant pain, especially while sitting upright?

2) Bleeding - pink like a light period. (Despite cauterization, I've never stopped bleeding since surgery)

3) That weird odor? So disgusting and odd.

4) More trouble with BMs. (I didn't have trouble after surgery but have started now. I know some other posters have mentioned this. Is it still a problem?)

Sorry to be so negative. I feel like I've waited patiently for all this to improve, but 4 weeks out I still don't feel any better than a normal period! Makes me question why I put myself through this if it won't solve anything.....
(((((Ladies)))))) This is just a reminder. Questions about your recovery need to be asked in a new thread in the post op forum. I copied this from Princess Bea Well's post which started this thread:

Quote:
If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:

1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
2. This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom.
3. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:42 AM

Cris- It sounds to me like you might be overdoing yourself a bit. If you are needing to take Advil around the clock, that is saying there is inflammation somewhere, Advil has an anti-inflamatory in it. I think everyone is right, if there is redness and pain/heat coming from the incision, there might be an infection and taking the Advill might be taking the edge off - which is really bad! Call the doc and let us know what happens.

I am still swollen but have heard that takes a lot of time to go down, months even. My incision is completely healed. The only problem I am having today is my back is killing me. I don't get it, before the surgery we bought a sleep number bed, it was great! Now since the surgery I can't sleep in it without being in pain. The couch seems more comfortable. Oh well!
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:25 AM

"Today is my week 4 and I'm still having problems and think I should call my doctor. Before I do, is anyone else still having?

1) Significant pain, especially while sitting upright?

2) Bleeding - pink like a light period. (Despite cauterization, I've never stopped bleeding since surgery)

3) That weird odor? So disgusting and odd.

4) More trouble with BMs. (I didn't have trouble after surgery but have started now. I know some other posters have mentioned this. Is it still a problem?)"

What kind of work do you do? It is very tough when you are self-employed. My DH was self-employed when he had carpal tunnel surgery, and since he was our breadwinner, he went back before they ok'ed him. (He's a carpenter.) Mind you he was able to use the other arm so it wasn't THAT big a deal, plus we're talking outpatient corrective surgery vs. major inpatient, but still that's how it had to be. It does make it seem like I am a wimp when I just don't do things around here though

-------[b]THE ABOVE IS FROM POOHADS------

To answer your questions: (From Foreversore)

1. yes pain---the 24-7 of the incision is a lot less now---BUT if I am sitting upright and my feet are down for any great length of time--I have this intense pain/heavy feeling on my incision site & a bit below. After standing for a bit it goes away. ((and I cannot sit on any of the livingroom furniature without pain when I get up--I think it is too cushy))
it really sounds to me as if you are trying to do too much too soon. [u]My dr told me i could do a BIT more each day and that i would know the next day IF i over did--(I=i.e. my body would tell me) I think perhpas your body is telling you & perhaps you are not listening.-----There is a place on here that gives you week by week guidelines for activity-----

2) nope no bleeding OR odor--perhaps you should call your Dr. to see if all is well. I have heard of the odor, BUT I really think you need to check out the bleeding.--or at least let the Dr. know it is happening.

4) yes the Bm's: if I eat high fiber and take Colace all is well but if I don't no dice!!! and until we are well straining is not a wise idea, so i think I am going to continue on Colace until about 8 to 10 weeks, and then taper it off like somebody on here suggesed. And i have read that it will take 6 to 12 months for us to be [b]COMPLETELY healed. so even after the Dr releases us I think it would be wise to be careful. and at very least not lift or strain too much.

good luck!!!! and pamper the princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the feeback! I did call my doctor and they want to see me (again!) to check the bleeding and odor, especially since I'm going out of town. I hope I don't have to get cauterized again, but if it will make the bleeding stop before vacation, sign me up!

I NEVER thought I'd be worrying about bleeding during this vacation, unlike all the other vacations of my life when I was bleeding to death! I was so pleased to think bleeding would be a thing of the past by now and I could enjoy my first trip pad-free. So sad it's not true....
Unread 07-03-2007, 10:02 AM

Poohands
Glad to hear you are checking with DR. Don't remember what you do for living - Currently & mostly at beginning of any new project I sit at desk for hours as well as on phone. Realized that I don;t just sit & work on computer or talk on phone. I bend a lot to each side opr twist in my chair etc to reach other computer or files of .... It additional when I phone I tend to get up & talk so lots more movement than I ever thought. Pain because of it yes, pain meds all last weekend & I now stop working with in 4 hrs take mini break, then stop completely after another 5. Still too much but will relax more today & holiday. Hope it helps. Think overdoing also cause for BM problem.

Wishing you a "good" trip to DR with everything being okay and NO cauterization again as well as a nice
Unread 07-03-2007, 03:22 PM

Hi Foreversore,

I too am having trouble with bleeding still...we've both been cauterized about the same time and I have called the doctor a couple of times and she just has me "keeping an eye on it because its in the norm range". That is my doctors response...but I must say its getting old.

I'm having trouble again with my bm's...anyone having trouble with hard then having acid D? I feel like I'm all out of whack..went to work yesterday and today for part day (4hours)...and absolutely exhausted...came home and took a 2hour nap...although still having trouble sleeping because of up and down with cramps and bathroom running.

I'm so sick of feeling lousy and complaining...I'm sorry guys! Can't wait till I can report...all better!!! Although...I have a bit of good news...since the surgery my primary took me off my HB meds!
Unread 07-03-2007, 05:36 PM

Ok, I am almost 4 weeks post op and my moods are swinging big time bad, I will go from crying to really honkerblonky and quick, anyone else.
I am on estrdiol (lowest dose) I was on this pre surgery. Should I wait till 6 week checkup or call dtr now to see about changeing to a diff HRT or is some moodiness normal when you are not healed and not getting out of house much. I have lupus and fibromyalgia which are slowing my progress- sorry for the long post.
Unread 07-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Should I call doc questions

For those of you wondering whether to call the doc or not...I had my TAH (lost cervix and uterus, kept ovaries) June 5th---I called the doc Monday because I over did it over the weekend and was really hurting. She said that at this point I shouldn't be experiencing pain--she did call in Tylenol 3 (codeine) but told me that I HAVE to come in Fri (post-op not scheduled until 7/11).

I know I've been reading that a lot of us are still having bad days, so I'm not all that worried about it....but when in doubt, do call !

Hugs!
Vicki
Unread 07-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbannon
Ok, I am almost 4 weeks post op and my moods are swinging big time bad, I will go from crying to really honkerblonky and quick, anyone else.
I am on estrdiol (lowest dose) I was on this pre surgery. Should I wait till 6 week checkup or call dtr now to see about changeing to a diff HRT or is some moodiness normal when you are not healed and not getting out of house much. I have lupus and fibromyalgia which are slowing my progress- sorry for the long post.
i saw doc at 3 weeks post-op. he said not to try changing hormone therapy until the 6 week appointment, that the body's still adjusting to the change.
hope this helps, and hope you're feeling well.
dawn
Unread 07-03-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebutrfly
Hi Foreversore,

I too am having trouble with bleeding still...we've both been cauterized about the same time and I have called the doctor a couple of times and she just has me "keeping an eye on it because its in the norm range". That is my doctors response...but I must say its getting old.

I'm having trouble again with my bm's...anyone having trouble with hard then having acid D? I feel like I'm all out of whack..went to work yesterday and today for part day (4hours)...and absolutely exhausted...came home and took a 2hour nap...although still having trouble sleeping because of up and down with cramps and bathroom running.

I'm so sick of feeling lousy and complaining...I'm sorry guys! Can't wait till I can report...all better!!! Although...I have a bit of good news...since the surgery my primary took me off my HB meds!
yes, having trouble with bm's too. some days... constipation, sometimes it's ready but very hard and some bleeding, other days loose and gas pain. i still take stool softners, remember to take in the a.m. but foget a lot at night.

insomnia - pretty bad, both before and after surgery (was perimenopausal)

i also need to rest before i'm ready to, some days i just can't keep going...gotta crash

no pain from the incisions or from the inside. i feel like i can do anything, but don't. dying to go on the trampoline and in the pool, ride my bike again, etc...
i know i have nothing to complain about but i don't believe how much i miss it all.
i hop you're feeling better, soon.
dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register