Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 07-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Hi gals, hope each of you is having a good 4th of July. I get to enjoy an empty house and I love it! Not sure if I'm going to see fireworks tonight, it's been raining so much here in East Texas that the LAST thing I want to do is sit on a blanket on the wet ground, or in the back of a truck, etc. I'd rather go to a movie honestly, but first I'm going to be a good wife and cook my DH dinner. I did about 3 hours worth of errands today and it's so weird how fatigued I get. I mean, I shower, put on make-up, etc, but after about 2 hours out of the house I just want to go home and do nothing. I'm always feeling like I haven't slept, which actually I haven't very well, but this amount of fatigue is bizarre. I'm having really bad headaches now too and am wondering if it's from the estrogen patch. Anyone else having these?

Writiste - thanks for the reply. I forgot to tell you that my dr even told me that Tylenol won't work as well since it's in the pain meds I had for those 10 days before surgery. I hope you are tough when you go for that sonogram and I'd ask them if they can see your nerves on that test. That's what is probably hurting all of us the most, but I sure hope that lump isn't anything serious. I bet it's some kind of scar tissue forming or something. I had a incisional hernia once that started out as a bump on another belly scar I have but it seems too soon for that to happen. Oh, and if I were you, I'd totally expect your dr or nurse to talk about "habit forming", but if so, just tell them that how can this be when you are legitimately in pain? I felt like the (mean) nurse in the hosp. was acting like I was some kind of addict when I asked for a pain shot, it made me so mad because she acted very inconvienced. But they put me on the wrong floor so she didn't understand what I had done. Anyway, you are not taking them for fun, my gosh, you just had surgery. I'm basically taking them at night when I go to bed and sometimes 1st thing in the morning. I take Advil during the day mostly unless I'm in horrid pain. It totally depends on what I do so I try to avoid lifting anything. And also, your cats will forgive you! I found 4 tiny, tiny kittens in my garage the day I came home from the hospital and stupid me bent down and captured them, now they are in my spare bedroom and are SO cute. I love laying in there and letting them walk on me, but I stupidly named them all so now I have to figure out how to keep them....I guess they will ilve outside or in the garage when they get bigger, but for now they help my mental state so much.

And Poohads - if I were you I'd demand to see that urologist or else isn't that negligence or their part to leave you out here in pain? And esp. post op??? If you still hurt, there is nothing wrong w/ you or any of us. Each of us had a variation of these surgeries w/ different reasons for them, so we cannot heal exactly the same. It sounds like you had a lot done and you're only a few weeks out. If that dr. won't see you, maybe you should get your records and go to someone else? I just hope you get the help you need and don't let yourself suffer. We all have to stand up for ourselves, even me, to our doctors. I mean, they wasted no time wanting to cut us open and God only knows how much cash they got for it, now they have to finish the job and take care of us. How dare they question how we TELL them we feel and tell us it's "abnormal" or wrong. When I see my dr. next week I'm going to take this attitude w/ him, I decided that yesterday. I don't have time in my very precious life to play head games and it's easy enough to find a good, caring doctor -- there are lots out there. I'd like to stay w/ this one, but I want his undivided attention for at least 10 minutes, right?

Sorry to rant today guys! I hope everyone is feeling a little better today. God bless! Cris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 02:40 PM

I hit the 4 week mark and had my dr visit today. She did an exam and said everything is healing great. She discharged me. I can do anything except relations, that has to wait another 2 weeks. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. LOL

I'm sorry to hear some of you are still not up to par. Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better soon enough. Take care of yourselves.
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM
4 week doctor check

I drove myself to my 8:30 am appt. Both this time and two weeks ago, he commented on how great I looked when he walked in the room. (He should have seen me after the six hour shopping spree that followed. LOL My belly hurt because I needed a bathroom; my head hurt because I forgot my vitamins; and I was starting to get a bit tired.)

He did an exam with speculum. It didn't hurt at all; I hardly felt it. Maybe I'm still a bit numb. He said that everything looks good and I am free to do whatever I feel up to except get together with hubby or ride horses. He did give a reminder that the next two weeks are the most dangerous ones though in the healing stage. I am to limit my lifting and be sensible with exercise and activity.

I am cleared to swim and take baths. I do not need to see him until January. He is willing to do bio-identicals if I choose to use them and told me what pharmacy compounds them. So far, I am mostly symptom free. I do get headaches, especially if I forget my vitamin B. I have been getting power surges.

I am at risk for osteoporosis and will have to keep close track of bone density, especially since I haven't done any estrogen. I did find a product today called Bone Maximizer III. The store was sold out. I may try it after using up the big bottle of calcium I just bought.

Lovemykitty, it looks like we are doing about the same. Keep it up.

I never thought I would be excited about being allowed to exercise, but since it means I'm healing.... Leg lifts here I come. No tummy exercises though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2007, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the update on the 4 week exam girls. This Wed. was the 4 week mark for me, I have my appointment on the 10th because my doctor was going to be out of town this week. At least i have some idea on what to expect. I am doing well but I am having swelling above my incision. It seems to get worse as the day goes on especially if I am on my feet a lot, and I have slightly more swelllling on one side than the other.

Thanks again for the updates....I'm not as worried about the exam now.

Karen
TAH for a very large fibroid /kept ovaries
Unread 07-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Hi it's me donneyI still have trouble with the B.M's so don't feel bad hopfully it will pass soon as we heal a little more but I feel so much better my surgery was June 4th and I go back to see my Dr. the 17 th hope I can start driving and go back to work. Oh I still take pain pills off and on still hurt some here and there but it's been so busy here the 4 th of July Holiday. donney
Unread 07-05-2007, 07:55 PM

I go see my Dr. on the 9th--I did not have a 2 week check-up I had a 6 day check-up (?) then she said to come back in 3 or 4 weeks. I thought one was supposed to come back at 6 weeks post-op so I made an appointment for the 9th, my longest option.---I am glad to hear that others are going to a 4 week check & not a 6 week--thanks to you all for sharing. I too need to take my colace to keep moving---so I did not take it yesterday & today to see what happens tomorrow--- keep the faith & yea--we are getting better, day by day!!! So lets not slip up so we can keep it up!!!
Unread 07-05-2007, 08:32 PM

Hello foreversore,
I went back to the doctor today because my incision on the right side wasn't healing properly, so he said the suture was not dissolving like it should and he pulled it out and told me to clean the area with peroxide and only work half days for the next two weeks. As you stated.....we need to keep the faith. and take care of ourselves....
Unread 07-05-2007, 09:26 PM

You know it is funny the difference in doctors. I have a one week post op and then my 6 week post op is scheduled for July 20th, from what I have read they normally do a 1 week & 6 week check-up. It is nice to see some doctors are more in tune with their patients. Don't get me wrong, my doctor is outstanding. He goes off the patient, if he knows he can trust you he will let you get away with more distant appointments, if he doesn't - you are there a lot. When I first saw him (during my prego with my 2 yr old), he found I had a murmur and all of my probs and immediately had me being seen once a week from my 5th month, then when I got to the 7th month I saw him 2 times a week. Since then he knows I will call him with any issues, and I do. I am glad you are all feeling better. I have had a bad day today, I have been really tired and having twinges of pain off and on, never constant. And of course sleep is an issue along with headaches. Yuck! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. On the other hand, this week has been the greatest week in a long time. My little boy (the one with cancer) finally started walking again. He hasn't walked in 10 months, what an Independence Day!!!!!! Happy Belated 4th to you all!!1
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:10 PM
my body is the boss... my body is the boss....

Poohads, I agree with Cris, go after that urologist! How dare he leave you hanging post-op!

I'm so glad to hear that some ladies are doing well! Gives me something to look forward to.

I had an ultrasound today to see what the hard painful spot is. The exam wasn't much fun - not only did she press on the sore spots, she poked around inside me with that machine. Hey, how come that 'nothing inside you' rap doesn't apply to medical personnel ? OW! I was tempted to make a crack about this being the best date I had since my hyster but the tech had no sense of humor. Since there was nothing else to look at (she must be used to giving 'tours' to pregnant ladies?), she insisted on pointing out my bladder and bowels (apparently really prominent. How is that possible after all that bran and prunes???). On the bright side, she said she didn't see anything bad (fluid, adhesions, etc.), so despite it all, I feel relieved. Now if only the pain would quit, I'd be a happy camper.

Yup, thank heavens for cats - I came home, grabbed a bag of ice and a Vicodin, and curled into a fetal position on my bed. Nothing like one furry sweetie purring warm against my stomach to ease cramps (that internal poking around hurt) and another slumped on my hip, one paw hanging down ... SO cute!
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrowning1
My little boy (the one with cancer) finally started walking again. He hasn't walked in 10 months, what an Independence Day!!!!!! Happy Belated 4th to you all!!1
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! THE BEST YET. Thank you for putting everything in perspective.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register