Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 06-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

This is my first post since I'm home. I had surgery on June 6 and was back home on June 8. Everything went well, no complications. Hosptial staff was WONDERFUL!!!! I told them before they started that I usually am very nausous waking up after surgery. They put a patch behind my ear and it worked great. No nausea. I used the pain pump only 3 times. It is more sore than pain. The only pain I'm having is in my back. I can't sit for too long or it starts hurting.

I'm being very well taken care of by my hubby and daughter. Every time I get up, they ask where I'm going. It's so sweet.

I go June 13 to remove the staples. Not really looking forward to that.

I'm glad to hear other are recovering well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajl37
and its getting better every day!! When do you ladies go back for your post op appointment?
I go for 1st post op on Thursday. Hope to have complete pathology report but probably not. Still can hope tho. Got DR to give refill on percocet : Taking 1/2 tabs during day as I get a little head ache with them & I don't like to be too messed up. Wine is for that & boy I can't wait. Biggest bummer is the confined issue. I hate to be confined & DR said no riding in either. Went for sloooooow walk around block. Actually helps moove things (yes I mean that) which is good. Well, gotta go causally get hubby to get his friend out of here. No idea why but anytime I have surgery it seems my DH likes to invite people over - GO FIGURE! Like I want someone here?! Ugggggh
Unread 06-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Help

Had my LAVH/BSO on the 6th. Unfortunately for me I can take NO pain meds. They tried everything, to each drug I had a severe reaction. I developed allergies to many things post radiation for my breast CA. so am reluctant to keep trying meds that cause this allergic reaction. Even the IV Ativan, Zofran, etc were causing reactions. At any rate, I've been home since the 7th on Tylenol alone and the gas is so bad that I cant straigten up. Gas X is NOT my friend obviously. I've walked and been proactive about my care. Yesterday developed a low grade fever of 100.0 and last night 101. I haven't slept 24 hrs in the past 6 days. Calling the surgeon this AM..

Has ANYONE experienced this type of post op complication?

Thank you.
Peachy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 07:44 AM

Peachy,
No my recovery is going well. I am sorry that you are having a such a terrible time. I had the gas and have been sore, but I am getting better now. I can walk out in the yard and around the house, but I'm not going to push myself. I go back for post op appointment Friday. I hope things get better for you. I'm here if you need to chat.
Unread 06-12-2007, 09:25 AM

[i]I am now one week post-op and feeling wonderful! Been driving, running errands and lots of walking. No pain med's since operation. No real pain to speak of, a little achy at the end of the day, no spotting or discharge. Swelly Belly is all gone. I did find a lump near one of my incisions yesterday and am waiting for Dr to call back. All in all I can't complain. I prepared myself for the worst and lucked out with a wonderful surgery and recovery! I am so happy with my decision!
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Hey Crystal,
When will you go back to work? I have post op appointment on Friday. I guess I will find out then. But I wont push it. The doctor had said 2 to 3 weeks.
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:05 AM

ajl37
I don't work outside the home. I feel like I've been back to work since 4 days post-op. My post-op appointment isn't until the 18th.
Unread 06-12-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachy49
Had my LAVH/BSO on the 6th. Unfortunately for me I can take NO pain meds. They tried everything, to each drug I had a severe reaction. I developed allergies to many things post radiation for my breast CA. so am reluctant to keep trying meds that cause this allergic reaction. Even the IV Ativan, Zofran, etc were causing reactions. At any rate, I've been home since the 7th on Tylenol alone and the gas is so bad that I cant straigten up. Gas X is NOT my friend obviously. I've walked and been proactive about my care. Yesterday developed a low grade fever of 100.0 and last night 101. I haven't slept 24 hrs in the past 6 days. Calling the surgeon this AM..

Has ANYONE experienced this type of post op complication?

Thank you.
Peachy
Try some peppermint tea for your gas. It helped me as much as the Gax-X if not more. I can't imagine going through this with no pain meds. Can they even do a patch on you? Duragesic or something of the like? I did develop a low grade fever (topped out around 100) but went away in about 48 hours-still was kinda scared during that period anyway. Did they give you any antibitiotics pre or post op? I had keflex in the hospital.
Good thing you're calling the surgeon. You can't be too careful or too protective-best to check with him.
As far as the sleeping, do you mean 24 hours total in 6 days? Prolly due to pain and fever and what I have noticed is common with some of us-post op insomnia. I'll tell you what you prolly already know-avoid all caffeine after 6 PM, don't watch anything too active on the tv, light some candles, take a warm shower. I used melatonin and it helped me much more than the script stuff but cleared it with my doc first.
to you and hope you get to feeling better quickly. Most of all, do NOT get discouraged-this too will pass, although prolly not as quickly as you would like.
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm Home!

I had my LAVH/BSO yesterday morning at 7:30. Everything went great...Dr. said I must have read the textbook because everything came out smoothly I was in my room by 9:30 and walking laps around the nurses station by 2:00. Last night was rough with horrible gas pains, but those are better today. I got home this morning at 10. I'm still on perkocet (sp?) and motrin, but hope to be only taking motrin by tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone and their recovery. I'm going to go lay down!

Sharron
Unread 06-12-2007, 11:48 AM

Glad you went through fine. Girl take the meds if you need them. I tried to wean myself off of them. Today I haven't had any. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids to help with those gas pains.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register