Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 07-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie77
I WISH I had been cut horizontally. I have this hideous scar running up and down my belly from my belly button to my...well, anyway, I was <Please do not override the website censor> about it to one of my friends, and she said "Honey, if you don't like it...get a zipper tattoo on it"

Well, at first I didn't take her seriously, but now lately, as it is bothering me more than the pain (how stupid does THAT sound) I am taking her idea to heart. I already have 4 tattoos and was planning on getting at least one more. If I have to have this scar straight up and down, why not get silly and get a tattoo over the scar!

I'm afraid earlier this morning was more of a rant than I prefer, so I hope I didn't offend anyone. On the positive side for me, at least, with acception of the "phantom cramps", I really feel fine most of the time. I have mild hot flashes occasionally, and the insomnia is driving me insane, but from reading everyone else's posts, I am a lucky one.

My Dr is shocked. He saw me at 1 week, 3 weeks, and on the 16th I will see him again. He has said that my hyster was the most complicated and difficult he has ever done and that I look amazing...but I think he is a fisherman...as time goes on, my cysted ovaries went from being "slightly each larger than your uterus" to the last time I saw him "the biggest things he had ever seen...they at least had to be the size of cantalopes each!" Glad I asked him for a photo of what he removed. That way, it's not the fisher-king's word, but the photo I have.

I think that for people like me who stopped having "major" pain early on (I was about 3 1/2 weeks when they lessened, but it was because my parents, who I live with, made me at least get up and walk to their business next door, and the bathroom in their business doesn't work, so I kept having to walk back everytime I had to potty) it could be easy to forget just how painful this surgery is. And although I am in no way sticking up for the ER nurse, I have noticed that, because of a nurse friend of mine, they become anesthetized to the suffering of others because they have just seen so many more "worse" things. My nurse friend was amazed that I was up and acting just like normal. He didn't know, however that I still (most of the time) refuse to lift more than 10 lbs, even though my lifting restriction is 15 lbs! I really learned from my mom's booboos.

Speaking of booboos, I don't remember who said it about their child being fascinated with mommy's booboos, but I know that my nephews, in order to believe that I can't pick them up and piggy back them, HAD to see my staples the day I got home from the hospital. Then on the day that I got them removed, they HAD to see my belly staple free. Now, every now and then, when I am relaxing, they walk up to me and ask to see my "cool" line (my scar, they are ages 6 and 7). It makes me realize just how lucky I am to be alive to show it to them (18 months ago, they had found cervical cancer cells...that discovery is what led me to complain about the chronic pain that just kept getting worse)

Well, I am looking forward to the appt. on the 16th, cause he might "release" me from being unable to...hmm how to put it delicately....become more active again. Not that there is anyone I want to share the joy with...I just want to be able to ONLY have the lifting restriction...class this fall should be fun without being able to lift my books, some of which weigh around 16-20 lbs. I'll chat with the professors and see how I can be accommodated.

Well, love and continued support to everyone, may we all, in our own time, get back to "normal"--whatever the heck that is...!
Froggie: I am thinking while your outside incision is vertical many of the inside incisions may be horizontal?? and besides, cut is cut and healing is healing??? and I would loe to hear about what your MD says about becoming "more active"--at my apt, that was not "addressed"--

take care, & take it easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 10:34 AM

Sapphi, I too was allowed to drive at 1 week but there is NO WAY I would even consider a manual transmission. I still use a pillow between seatbelt & my poochbag I bet the incisions will look better over time. It seems to take forever but incisions generally get light in color & smoother. I can relate how frustrated you are & hope a nice sit at beach soon helps.

Thank you & all the other sisters suggesting what my new pain is. I've had laparoscopies with removal of adhesions & endo in past & normal nerve regrowth pain those times were not nearly as intense. I am betting it is a reaction for over doing it - ugh. I just hope I didn't rip something & when I go to Dr on Thursday - have list of Qs - I just hope she has answers for all of them. This surgery definitely kicked me for a good one
I too gained 5 lbs - but at very least I can still enjoy my wine .....while wining
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endocat
Sapphi, I too was allowed to drive at 1 week but there is NO WAY I would even consider a manual transmission. I still use a pillow between seatbelt & my poochbag I bet the incisions will look better over time. It seems to take forever but incisions generally get light in color & smoother. I can relate how frustrated you are & hope a nice sit at beach soon helps.

Thank you & all the other sisters suggesting what my new pain is. I've had laparoscopies with removal of adhesions & endo in past & normal nerve regrowth pain those times were not nearly as intense. I am betting it is a reaction for over doing it - ugh. I just hope I didn't rip something & when I go to Dr on Thursday - have list of Qs - I just hope she has answers for all of them. This surgery definitely kicked me for a good one
I too gained 5 lbs - but at very least I can still enjoy my wine .....while wining

good one Endocat---(the wine & whining)

and about the dr visit. I too had a written list, & I ask the Md every quesetion on my list--BUT i did not ask about bathing/or "relations" and the MD did not have an answer for every ?? I did ask so make sure if it is important to you, you get your answers. good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 10:48 AM

You're too funny endocat!
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:00 AM

I had previously been told that lifting over 15 lbs and "being active" were the only things out of the question. But now as I get closer to maybe "being active" again, I am worried. When he removed my cervix, just exactly how much did he remove?

And unfortunately, TMI alert, I keep having a mental fantasy or mental image of the next guy I'm "with" breaking through the stitched area! Talk about freaking out! But oh well, I know in my mind that this will all blow over.

BTW, I just wanted to tell everyone that it is such a relief to be able to chat here while the rest of the world rolls their eyes! It's almost like everyone is thinking....heal already! I just kinda laugh and say to those looks, "..but at least I'm smart enough to know that taking care of myself now means that in the future, I will be problem free!"

My ex-husband the other day said it's a good thing that I like cheese, cause whine was what I was indulging in lately. I just laughed and asked if he had any.

Just remember the famous quote from risky business at times like that
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Ok ladies I thought I would check in quickly. Today I had my 5 week check up and she did an internal exam. OUCH ouch ouch ouch, ok I'm a big baby I don't care I don't want anything in there for a while longer She said I still had quite a few stitches internaly that have not disolved yet so sex may be a bit painful but I was given the green light to try if I felt ready... Regarding everything else she said everything looked good, that my bowels and bladder had moved into the empty space just the way they are suposed to, yuck sorry it all just weirds me out!!!!!!!!! So I am easing my way back into excersising and other things.. happy healing everyone!!!
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Sooo happy for you that your doc said everything was green lighted!

My internal incision was more diagonal due to how large everything was, either that or how stupid my dr is...but I really haven't had the "burning" that everyone else talks about!
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:18 AM

I have no idea what way my internal incisions are I am really one of those people that would rather not know ANyone else still having bloating issues?? Whenever I have been sitting for too long my stomach still swells forgot to mention that today..... oh and I am sooo constipated still she told me to up my fiber fun fun,
Unread 07-10-2007, 11:42 AM

HethV
How did DR know bowels moved into empty space "just the way there are supposed to"? Did DR do Xray or MRI or..... I am very curious about this due to "unique" "new" BM issues I've never had in my 42 years.
Unread 07-10-2007, 12:20 PM

(((((Ladies)))))) This is just a reminder. Questions about your recovery need to be asked in a new thread in the post op forum. I copied this from Princess Bea Well's post which started this thread:

Quote:
If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:

1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
2. This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom.
3. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register