Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 07-14-2007, 01:56 AM
ditto on overdoing

hey sisters,

my laptop died last week so i have been chewing on my arm out of boredom... how much food network can one person watch in a lifetime?

so i figured, how bad would it be ... if i went into work ... just part-time ... just the teensiest bit earlier? and my doctor said it was okay since i have a desk job. so, i figured i'd just say hello, check on my projects, maybe take some reports home to work on ... oh what an innocent i was. my team consists of 5 grown men with advanced degrees and not one ounce of common sense between them. they spent the whole month thrashing about helplessly. you ladies with teenagers who couldn't manage to cook or clean up after themselves - now i know just how you feel!!!! i ended up staying for 6 hours, felt tired but not sore. so, i went back in on tuesday. by noon, i was crying with pain from The Incision, swelly belly so swollen it cut into my newly-purchased stretch pants! and got an extra bonus that my sciatica seems to be waking up again now that i'm walking more (darn it). i crawled home, took some vicodin and slept for nearly 20 hours! everything still hurt when i finally woke up so i put myself back on the medicine i was taking for chronic back pain before my hyster. anybody else with your blood pressure elevated either from pain or motrin? my nurse practictioner said it could be raised from either one!

friday, i'm still bushed. and i'm ANNOYED. i still don't think i was doing anything that bad. on the bright side, my boss sent me home with my work laptop, some little projects i can do from home and instructions not to come back in until i feel fine. i can't but feel sorry for you sisters out there in hyster land with evil bosses. now if he can just keep those guys on track....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 03:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Donnney, endocat and forever Sore,

I went to the beach yesterday - its a 2 minute drive, done by my DH, then I walked about 200 yards and laid on a supportive bed chair for 2 hours, with one paddle in the sea......

Walking back to the car I was in so much pain I doubled over........yet all I had done was rest i a different location!!! So you are not alone!!. After that I had strange pains either side of my vertical wound plus lots of discomfort at the base of wound and across pubic line so did not walk dogs last night.

I too am walking slowly and despite being Ms ultra independent cannot even contemplate driving yet!! so it seems this is a major body event and time to chill and really recover. Everyone I speak to says the same thing, overdo it (even if you think you are not) and you suffer......yet I am being SOOO careful, even Dh is greatly impressed as I too run my own business etc........and usually work very long hours, but I just cannot so have detached myself from it....

Take care

Sapphi
Unread 07-14-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphiresp1357

Walking back to the car I was in so much pain I doubled over........yet all I had done was rest i a different location!!! So you are not alone!!. After that I had strange pains either side of my vertical wound plus lots of discomfort at the base of wound and across pubic line so did not walk dogs last night.
At this point in your recovery, if you are having pain that causes you to double over, you need to call your doctor. Walking several hundred yards shouldn't cause you that much pain. Your doctor may want to see you to make sure there's nothing else going on in there.

Hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphiresp1357
Donnney, endocat and forever Sore,

I went to the beach yesterday - its a 2 minute drive, done by my DH, then I walked about 200 yards and laid on a supportive bed chair for 2 hours, with one paddle in the sea......

I too am walking slowly and despite being Ms ultra independent cannot even contemplate driving yet!! so it seems this is a major body event and time to chill and really recover. Everyone I speak to says the same thing, overdo it (even if you think you are not) and you suffer......yet I am being SOOO careful, even Dh is greatly impressed as I too run my own business etc........and usually work very long hours, but I just cannot so have detached myself from it....

Take care

Sapphi
Thanks Sapphi for telling us this--but to make you feel better--at least you were on the beach feeling like you did, & that has to count for somethng. I hurt and all I get for my troubles is the view of an x-field on the middle of Illinois. (lol) And did I mention MY DH is letting me do more and sneakily trying to get me to do stuff so he does not have to.

but to the poor mans credit--he is a spolied brat, whose parents did such a "good" job bringing him up like that, that to this day he has NO CLUE that he is just that----LOL
Unread 07-14-2007, 08:13 AM

Morning!

Its amazing that we've been sharing similar experiences...and we are probably the "norm"....I too wish I could nap...but, made it through a FULL day of work yesterday. Today, I'm laying low.

We just need to remind ourselves that it was major surgery and its going to take a bit. We need to keep listening to our bodies...and its just the way it is...even if mentally we're doing ok and want to go running. Our aches and pains are a reminder that we still are healing. Everyone take care of themselves and hang in there....keep in mind we are one step closer to total freeedom of pain....we're still trucking!
Unread 07-14-2007, 09:51 AM

sapphi- i live in a beach town and i do know that the first few times i went i was quite sore after. walking in the sand is MUCH more strenuous, even if it doesn't feel like it - it takes a lot of muscles. but i agree... you might put a call in to doc to be safe, cuz doubling over from pain seems excessive. I "only" had a TVH so i know i was able to do some things more easily not having the incision to worry about. perhaps stay clear of the beach for awhile longer.
Unread 07-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Endocat!

I over did it too and it took me at least 4-5 days to get back to where I was. Take care of yourself!!! Rest!!! Why did you take off your crown! Your still a princess girlfriend! Puts endocats crown back on her head NOW REST!!

It does get better. All my sisters and I are a week ahead of all of you and we are just starting to get our lives back....a week makes a big differance..hang in there the light is just over the hill!!!

Passes the puck to endocat and knows the girl will score on her own time...Wink

Hugs Oceanmist
Unread 07-14-2007, 12:55 PM

Thanks Oceanmist for reminding me to wear the crown. I had a moment of major stupidity/fun and paying for dearly with pain. In addition DH is constantly reminding me to behave to the point I got interrogated (almost yelled at but that would never happen) last night as to why I can't just follow directions & take it easy. I promised I would do nothing and stay laying on couch all weekend. UGH PLEASE OH PLEASE let it be only 3 - 4 days for this to pass.

As for controlling the puck - I just wish I had better patience with myself. Trying

WannaB: Thank you for the words of comfort & I am horizontal on couch since Thursday night - I get verbally beaten by DH if I try to do anything
Why in the heck am I so stubborn - who knows, I just absolutely hate being incapacitated. Mind you I also had two laps w/endo removal in past & bounced back so fast from those - probably put me in the wrong mind set from get go.

At very least let this be a for all the other sisters who "feel" like they can do more. WAIT!
Unread 07-14-2007, 01:05 PM
checking in

Hey Sisters,

I had a TAH/BSO with vertical incision. I am doing well. I have my 6 week appointment tomorrow. I feel pretty well. I do still get tired during the day. (just rest , but no naps anymore) I am pretty much running around as I did before surgery, with 3 kids. I am almost pain free, except the same type pain alot of you are talking about in the lower left on the pubic line. It gets sore by the end of the day and at night , if I sleep on my right side , I wake up with pain..... Although it has gotten better and better each week. I will ask about it tomorrow. I also still have a dull pain once in a while around my incision. I usually take 2 motrin in the morning and that is it on most days.

Before surgery, my Dr. told me that at 6 weeks he would clear me to do anything. I asked him about Sea World and he said no problem after 6 weeks. So my family planned a trip to Sea World weeks ago that would be after my 6 week check up. They are all so ready to get away and have fun. I am a little nervous. I have been walking 2 miles a day to build stamina. I still get tired in the afternoons. But ready or not , here we go.
As alot of you, I was told that at 6 weeks, I would be back to normal. Although, I feel I am getting closer, I am not there yet. My family knows this and promises to take it easy at Sea World (if that is possible).

I also feel very fortunate that I have had no real sudden menopause symptoms. I am not on any HRT yet. My Dr. wanted to wait 4 weeks to start, but I have not started because I have no major symptoms. I think I am having very light hot flashes about 2 or 3 times a day. I am sleeping good just like I did before surgery.

I know we are all in different places with our recovery. I hope everyone will feel encouraged that recovery will take place! We just all need to take the time that our bodies need!

bessiejo age 42
Unread 07-14-2007, 05:16 PM

F.Y.I.
Just a quick note to let you all know that I had a previously scheduled dental appointment for cleaning and a check-up this past wed.......I really didn't think about it being a problem. I was at my 5 week mark so I figured.... heck I just went through a hysterectomy, I can handle the dentist. The dental hygentist where I go tips you back almost upside down in the chair for a cleaning, it didn't bother me too much while I was there but later that night I had a really sore belly! I think it was from my insides being upsidedown! Just thought I would give you all a heads up on something you might not have thought of.

Karen
TAH-39

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register