Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Froggie & Cbrowning

So happy for you both. I'll be there soon as well I am sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 08:31 PM

foreversore please remember that even though we have been given the all clear we are still here for you. Also remember that I didn't have as many problems prior to the surgery. I got my surgical report and pathology report today. I guess I did have adenomyosis and "acute and chronic inflammation" in my uterus. So I guess that was the reason behind 18 years of aweful periods. But I never had pain with intercourse, vaginal tears, cervical problems or prolapse(and I know there are so many more problems I have forgotten). I had mild problems in comparrion to most of you. Just take it one day at a time. I know you can get through this. Oh, I had stress incontinence from my uterus laying ontop of my bladder. It sounds like what you are talking about. Used to if I sneezed, laughed, coughed or jumped around (running included) I would leak. It isn't as bad bu I now have to retrain my bladder to prevent this. The thing is I am 29 years old and I have to wear pads so I don't "leak" on myself. It is quite embarrassing for me. When do you go for your checkup? Oh I also had a bicorunate uterus (horned uterus), it is like putting a rubberband around the middle of the uterus. It really caused me trouble with my first born, he was in one side and the plaenta was in the other. After he was born the side with the placenta didn't contract and the placenta shredded causing hemmorhaging.

froggie77-glad to hear the good news! My doc said that often times the cuff will crunch together and mine didn't, shocker, I usually have the deformed stuff. HAHA! See we are all beautiful, inside and out!! (HEHE!)

Anyway, I will still be on here chatting away. Even though I was released doesn't mean I am going back to normal. I still have pains if I overdo it and where I was pretty laid back through the reovery I am now having muscle cramps from them not being used. I also am going to be careful picking things up so I don't tear anything. I'd really hate to have another surgery because I was so eager to jump back into life.
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrowning1
foreversore please remember that even though we have been given the all clear we are still here for you. Also remember that I didn't have as many problems prior to the surgery. I got my surgical report and pathology report today. I guess I did have adenomyosis and "acute and chronic inflammation" in my uterus. So I guess that was the reason behind 18 years of aweful periods. But I never had pain with intercourse, vaginal tears, cervical problems or prolapse(and I know there are so many more problems I have forgotten). I had mild problems in comparrion to most of you. Just take it one day at a time. I know you can get through this. Oh, I had stress incontinence from my uterus laying ontop of my bladder. It sounds like what you are talking about. Used to if I sneezed, laughed, coughed or jumped around (running included) I would leak. It isn't as bad bu I now have to retrain my bladder to prevent this. The thing is I am 29 years old and I have to wear pads so I don't "leak" on myself. It is quite embarrassing for me. When do you go for your checkup? Oh I also had a bicorunate uterus (horned uterus), it is like putting a rubberband around the middle of the uterus. It really caused me trouble with my first born, he was in one side and the plaenta was in the other. After he was born the side with the placenta didn't contract and the placenta shredded causing hemmorhaging. .
cb: thanks for your kind words---I am so sorry that you had to go thru this at such a young age--i hope you will soon be back to your old self.--sans all the pain & discomfort!!

I am upset bercause while I had frequenct urinations & some stress incontinence (when i stopped using sweeteners that got much better) I had no trouble with "leaking" BEFORE the surgery. I was of the impression that after the fibroids were removed all would go back to the way it should be (for the most part anyway) and it has not--in fact it is worse.
You asked if i had my check-up yet---I had a check-up at 5 days into week 5. I am assuming that was my last check-up, because I was told to keep the same level of activity for 1 more week & then increase it a bit for the next 2 weeks & then i could go back to my normal activity--but that i could not lift more than 25 lbs even then--- I am thinking i am going to have to write her a letter & ask my questions. I keep saying that I have never heard of any person NOT being glad they had this surgery--I think I may be the first---

I hope you continue to improve. And once again, thank you for the kind words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry I misspoke my diagnosis...

I just looked at the very bottom of my pathology report and saw the full diagnosis. You'd think as many as I look at with my son I would have no problem looking at mine!! It says: Uterus with: Cervix, acute and chronic cystic cervicitis. Proliferative endometrium. Adenomyosis. Meaning I have inflammation in the cervix (not uterus) and my uterine wall was thick. And then obviously I had adenomyosis. I am so sorry you are having so many problems. I would call and have them schedule you a conference appointment. This way she isn't examing youso you can speak to her. Write down yourquestions and go at her until you get them answered. My doc is the same way, in and out quickly. But I had my paper ready and questioned him during and after the exam. I told him I was leaving til I had them answered. I know I am not due back for a year of which he will do a pap but I shouldn't needone for about 5 years because of no cervix. He said to resume normal activites, "gentle intercourse", bone density scans aren't an issue until I turn 40, prolapse whouldn't happen because I healed really well but if it does I will know it. The cuff is healed so I don't have to worry about it opening during sex. Some tenderness and mild spotting is also normal after sex.I can excercise all I can handle. His office doesn't do hormone level testing and I can swim and soak in the tub again. He also said that the hot flashes, irritability, insomnia, back aches & headaches are all hormone related and until I get the right amount of hormones in me I will continue to have them. He has increased my Premarin to 1.25 mg once a day. I need to stay on it for a month to see if it is working. Also, if you gyn isn't talking to you regarding this issue call your primary doctor. Did you have you bladder tacked up? If so call the urologist. I can't remember if you said you had that done too. I really hope things start healing and youcan get back to being you without pain and bladder issues too!
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:00 AM

Again you are so very kind----I did make a list of questions, and had them at the ready at the last 2 appointemnts I had.--and the Md seemed to sit and listen to my questions---but did not respond to many of them--I even asked a few repeatedly. I specifically requested that my bladder be tacked up during surgery--because earlier she had said she was gonna do a sling--she said no, she was gonna just do an anterior repair.--perhpas she was hoping the bladder would snap back into place like someone on here said theirs did??-- and yes I guess i need to make an appointment--I was kinda waiting to see if i do have a UTI. at one time I thought perhpas i did, and insisted on a test.--BUT the initial test came back negative--I was supposed to get a report within the week--which was up yesterday--but we will give it a few days.

as I said, the pain is better--at time non-existant--but the bladder problem is there--and it will be, I fear---and I think I am far too young for this to be going on already.

I have been getting the bone density's for some time--the GYN & primary care have both offered to do these--but I go to a bone health clinic here in St. Louis. the dr. that invented the density machine is/was on staff of one of the hosp there. --I have never seem him though. They are wonderful there--& take excellent care of me.--and it is one stop shopping--you get your density & your OV all in one day---and anything else that you may require.

the hormone levels are not an issue---I have been done with THAT for some time. That was the main reason I put off the surgery--I thought the fibroids were gonna shrink, and my problem would go away--they did not even though they were supposed to.

I too have my reports--but even though I was a medcal records tech many years ago, and have literal breakdowns of it-- i am having some trouble decifering it--but not to fear--my niece ia a nurse practitioner---I am going to have her break it down for me-- have a good one!!
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Hi Everyone, I just want to share my 6 weeks post-op checkup I had today. I had an internal exam, which I was so nervous over it and it wasn't too bad at all. It was like getting a Pap Smear. The goodnews, I'm a good healer (per my DR). I'm totally closed inside and outside (incision). I got the greenlight to do anything I want but still listen to my body. I'm still recovering from a major surgery. Luckily, I'm a stay at home mom I'll have a lot of time to recover. I hope everyone is as lucky as I am. Prayers to everyone. Thank you for the supporrt and being there anytime. Take care everyone. Cristina
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:08 PM

Tomorrow will be six weeks for me. I feel like I'm at least 80%. Not 100% as I do have twinges once in a while. I'm ready to put recovery behind me and just be me living life. I am going through the oasis and so far, so good. I still get the occasional hot flash that isn't bad. I am starting to sleep better, though I wake up easily in the mornings. That's not a bad thing, but I've never really been a morning person. I get an occasional headache, but have never needed to take anything for them as they aren't as bad as the migraines I used to get. I am taking a one a day vitamin, calcium, liquid B complex, iron (prescribed by the doctor, but only taken a few times a week), and a new supplement (Women's Passion Booster) I found. The new supplement is for low libido, but it addresses some other needs too. Here is a list of the ingredients and what they are for:
Maca root extract: Included as MacaPure®, a potent, standardized, high-quality form of maca root, used as a natural aphrodisiac by native Andean people. Maca root (sometimes referred to as Peruvian ginseng) may also help with vaginal dryness and menopause symptoms.

Ashwagandha root extract: Ashwagandha is a popular Indian herb that promotes stress relief, calmness and positive mood.

Ginkgo biloba extract: May help improve blood circulation throughout the body and to the brain. Ginkgo has also been shown to have positive effects on mood and alertness.

Rhodiola rosea extract: Considered an "adaptogen," which means it works primarily as an endurance booster. Also known as Golden Root, rhodiola rosea may help combat fatigue and promote mental clarity.

Eleuthero root extract: Held in high esteem in China, eleuthero root is a member of the ginseng family that may have beneficial effects on stamina and help ease feelings of stress.

Catuaba bark extract: Used in Brazilian medicine as a natural aphrodisiac. It's considered a central nervous system stimulant that promotes increased sex drive and feelings of sensuality.
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:34 AM

Christina,
Glad to hear the good news. Congrats!!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Kdarm - good to hear you are on the way. I too am feeling better after my setback. Not yet where I was 1.5 wks ago but getting there :smile2:
How long have you been taking Women's Passion Booster? Kinda curious as I know herbal remedies take a bit of time to ge full benefits etc.
4mysunshine - Glad to hear good news
Foreversore - sorry to hear about bladder issues - I sincerely hope DR (whichever one) listens & responds, and you are fully recovered soon.
Unread 07-18-2007, 01:47 PM

Hi Girls it's donney I went to the 6 wk. yesterday Dr. told me to return to my normal life .!!!! Praise the Lord. So I am fixen to go back to work very soon I hope. I drove for the first time today. I was so happy to drive again. DR. said I was find that my pains are normal ones. Good luck to all of you donney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register