Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 - Page 79 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Unread 07-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Hi ladies
I guess we are all in the same boat here having the same surgery dates. I went and bought Astroglide yesterday but I am scared too! 49 years old and scared like it's my first time. Actually I wasn't scared my first time and now at 49 I am
What is up with these doctors? My doctor gave me NO post-op instructions. When I saw him at 3 weeks and asked about restrictions he said what do you want to do? I said I was just asking generally speaking especially about lifting. He said he doesn't hand out anything preprinted anymore because everyone is different.
I am so glad I found this site and kind of went by how I felt and what others have been saying.
Good luck everyone with your "first time "
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 11:01 AM
relations

SO last night we did it. It was okay, no pain but muscles tightened up a bit & DH said I wasn't really "wet" (sorry if TMI) I would suggest you use lube. I had no problem on my side but lack of normal lube was possibly because I was nervous & our bodies will hold back if we are nervous. Good luck everyone. I am sure next time will be GREAT!
Unread 07-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 04-Jun 11,2007

Hi all,

A re-introduction to the beauty that is Froggie! I am a 29 year old college sophomore, no kids, no pets, no hubby or BF (or GF ), nor a home of my own, live with parents at the moment.

Being a redhead lends itself to a temper that is always on an even keel, and a desire to blend into the background (note: please refer to endocat's posts to re-read that sentence!)

I am from all over: originally born in IN, moved to VA, NC, back to IN, NYC *Brooklyn-holla*, back to IN, soon to be moving to CA (always wanted to live in San Fran, prolly 'cause I am an oddball!)

I am a Psych/Fine Arts double major, Spanish/International Studies minors, am a sophomore at IU Kokomo and plan to get my master's degree in Art Therapy so that I can work with children.

Hey Endocat: I resemble that remark! Uh, I mean, resent that remark about the tongue-in-cheek'ness that I express! LOL Love ya girl!

Reno15, welcome honey! we are all glad that you have joined our merry band of rebels!

Cbrowning! Wow girl, I couldn't even imagine dealing with all that you deal with. I'm glad that Connor is doing so well, you guys are in my prayers.

Well, I think I have chattered on enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskie1
Hi ladies
I guess we are all in the same boat here having the same surgery dates. I went and bought Astroglide yesterday but I am scared too! 49 years old and scared like it's my first time. Actually I wasn't scared my first time and now at 49 I am
What is up with these doctors? My doctor gave me NO post-op instructions. When I saw him at 3 weeks and asked about restrictions he said what do you want to do? I said I was just asking generally speaking especially about lifting. He said he doesn't hand out anything preprinted anymore because everyone is different.
I am so glad I found this site and kind of went by how I felt and what others have been saying.
Good luck everyone with your "first time "
Debbie
Debbie:
Bless you dear!!!! MY DH keeps asking me "what age are these girls" when I tell him a story. generally i do not know so do not say & then not that he says so but I think he disreguards much of what I tell him.--

I thought i was the only one with such a doctor--thank good ness there are others!!! Mine is a good surgeon, but I think her practice is too lagre.
I was so thankful my friend refered this site to me, else I would not of known what to do!! I told the MD about Hystersisters & told her she should tell her patients about it & why . LOL

on to other things.

Today I went to the grocery store. I pushed a cart & picked up a few groceries. ($30.++ worth is all) when I came out I was sore on the left side (usually it is the right) and after making 4 loaves of zucchinni bread & am real sore & I hurt. isn't it past the time when this should bother me??
Unread 07-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Hi ladies!
My Dr gave me the "go ahead" at the 6 wk post-op exam. He had done a pelvic exam and said every thing was healing well. I also have ulcerative colitis and both of my Drs said that is why my belly is still so swelly.

My DH and I "resumed" and everything was fine, just a little spotting after. My biggest problem is bending. It still hurts to empty the bottom rack of the dishwasher. I bought a grabber which helps a lot, but not on my glass plates! So far, the worst was changing the litter box. DH is out of town and even the cat couldn't stand it anymore.

I hope that everyone is feeling better,

Rachel

TAH/SBO + hormones 6/7/07
Unread 07-29-2007, 03:08 PM

I am from Ohio.
Unread 07-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie77
Hi all,

I am a Psych/Fine Arts double major,
I could have fun with that one! Should have guessed. I have BA in Film Production with Minor in Psych.

cbrowning - we are all pulling for you & Connor BIG BIG HUGS

So, has anyone actually set us up as 411 sisters or whatever? Sorry been slammed on a new project & it's just beginning. Please accept my apology for the sporadic postings meanwhile.

Born & raised in CA, raised by a New Yorker.
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:06 PM

ForeverSore,
I had a LSH so I don't have the same pain as the TAHers. But I still get pains on either side when I have been on my feet for over an hour. Also still have bowel pains that are bothersome from time to time. I am sorry you are still having so much pain. I remember just a couple of weeks ago I was here complaining about not being as far along in recovery as the others on this site. I think every surgery is unique to each person as well as their recovery. Tell your DH that us middle agers don't heal as quick as we use to!

Today was the big day for DH and I and the only discomfort I felt was right above the pubic area but on the inside. Kind of felt like something was inside pinching me. It didn't last long though maybe an hour and not a real bad pain, just there.
BTW I can't comment on the pleasurable aspects yet as this time was mercy sex for DH, I was more concerned about him and possible pain. Now that I know it won't hurt I will be more into it next time.
Debbie

Keep us posted on your progress.
Debbie
Unread 07-29-2007, 05:40 PM

Eskie1

Exact same surgery & same "issues" from pinching on inside & pain on either side when overdoing it but the mercy aspect was for me
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM

Hi Everyone, hope y'all getting better. I thought I was at 6 wks, DR gave me the greenlight to resume to "normal" activity. Guess what at 6 1/2 wks I had a relapse. I was in so much pain and exhausted. So I've been napping again, taking pain meds and can't really do much of anything. So I learned my lesson, DO NOT OVERDO! Ladies, take it from me, you don't want to be disappointed again. Take care everybody. :-)Cristina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register