Enlarged Uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Enlarged Uterus Enlarged Uterus

Unread 06-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Enlarged Uterus

I apologize if this is not the correct thread. I am new to this site. I'm 34, have several medium fibriods, and an enlarged uterus. I just found out this week that I'll be having an abdominal hysterectomy in the next 6 weeks. I still need to meet with my Dr. again and ask more questions.

My Dr. did say that said that my uterus measured 15-1/2 inches. What is the normal size for someone who's had multiple pregnancies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Enlarged Uterus

I'm not sure, I wish I could help you answer that particular ?

It's amazing how many questions we forget to ask our docs... I was given some good advice on this site about writing down questions in a journal or notebook between doc visits... it really helps.

I think you will find a lot of help on this site... it has helped me in ways I never imagined.
Unread 06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Enlarged Uterus

Hi Huskerjen!

I was told by my family doctor that a normal uterus is 8 cm.......... Mine was beyond that............I have the pictures to prove it.......nasty....can't believe I had that in me.

Still ask your doctor........you know how one doctor says one thing and another says yet another thing.......

Oceanmist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Enlarged Uterus

I don't know how big it is supposed to be in length or width but in weight it is supposed to be about 60 grams and mine was 615 grams. I wish I had though to ask about dimensions.
Karen.
Unread 06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Enlarged Uterus

mine was just considered slightly enlarged at an 8 week pregnancy size by my first dr. its kind of easier when they explain it that way. my second opinon dr never mentioned that it was enlarged at all
Unread 06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Enlarged Uterus

Dressedup,

If yours was only slightly enlarged then mine must have been really enlarged - after a few of my visits my NP and Doctor told me mine was measuring at about the 4 to 5 month pregnancy mark.
Unread 06-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Enlarged Uterus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu69
Dressedup,

If yours was only slightly enlarged then mine must have been really enlarged - after a few of my visits my NP and Doctor told me mine was measuring at about the 4 to 5 month pregnancy mark.
yes thats large. i didnt have big fibroids. i think the dr that did my hysteroscopy said they were submucous. although the surgeon that did my surgery said i didnt have any

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register