What odd or quirky names do your pets have? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky names do your pets have? What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Unread 06-09-2007, 04:57 AM
Smile - What odd or quirky names do your pets have? What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Our first adopted retired racing greyhounds name was "Half A Minute"
Sadly, she crossed the rainbow bridge in 2004.

We have since adopted two more retired racers. One of them, named "KC Squeeze Me", is now called "Squeezie" for short.

Once we had a fish named "HelloSatan!".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 06:01 AM
What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

I got a little mini schnauzer at the same time I was taking an art class. There was a German woman in the class named Mieka, pronounced MI-KA. I liked the name and asked if she would mind my naming the puppy Mieka. That was 14 years ago and Mieka is still with us. She has lost her hearing and has to wear a pad for leaks at night. She still is loving and wants to play. She used to hike with us all day and never tired. Now she mostly sleeps.
Unread 06-09-2007, 06:06 AM

We had a cat named "ThrockMortonTheWonderCat!" once. (Actually that was his 5th name.) My DH would change his name every few years claiming, "He never comes to us no matter what we call him anyway!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 09:49 AM

We used to have a dog named Jack, one day while home sick from school I called him "schnookie"...dunno where it came from...but it became my "pet" name for him from that point out.
Unread 06-09-2007, 09:43 PM

Our dear cat who left us two months ago was officially named "Stubs," but we called him "Pud." We named him "Stubs" because he had a stub tail due to some accident that happened before we took him in.

Our new fur baby cat's name is "Scotch," short for his butterscotch coloring. He's a big male cat, so we thought "Scotch" was more fitting.

monami
Unread 06-17-2007, 12:35 AM

we have 50+ pets .... quite a few exotic's (snakes & spiders .....hence 8legs N'Scales)
most of our snakes have names we have a Cosmo (Grey rat snake) and Wanda (Carolina Corn) and a Carpet Python called Count (as in Count Dracula as he bites ..... all he wants to do is suck my blood ) hehehehe
My daughter keeps fancy rats thier names are Mopsy, Rodney & Pip and her fancy mice are called Milly & Molly. My son has a Hermit crab called Mr Wriggle (well that's his name this week but no doubt will be changed by next week) and we also have a Scorpion called Mr Pinchey
Our fur baby cat is called Rocket...... this came from when he was a baby and used to tear round the house like he had a firework up his bum .
Yes I guess you would say we are a familly of animal addicts
Lesley xx
Unread 06-17-2007, 07:52 AM

we have a house full also...but the one that stands out is my cat whiskey,she is sorta Grey and tan striped and long whiskers..over the years she has put on the weight so dh and my 4 year old ds call her tubby or.... fat ***....which use to cute when ds was younger not so much now..lol but tubby comes running to any of those names...
Unread 06-18-2007, 05:20 PM

One of our cats is named "Choo Choo". When she was younger she would run around the house like a train! She was a locomotive in action. She's getting older now though, I think we need to change her name to "snail".
Unread 06-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Bada

We have 2 cats: one F named baby as she was our first "child" and 1 male who we recently rescued named Bada Boom--his brother Bada Bing, unfortunatly, did not make it...
Unread 06-23-2007, 04:11 PM

We have a Rat Terrier named "Melvin" - Who is our protector!

And a little orange cat named "Twinkle"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register