What odd or quirky names do your pets have? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What odd or quirky names do your pets have? What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Unread 08-01-2007, 09:13 AM
What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

We have 7 pets.....
3 cats....the oldest is a himalayin named Sir Spunky Blue Eyes but we call him spunky or spunker doodle he is 15 and then our middle cat is Tigger he is a hoot he is our sink monitor and always tests the water before you can brush your teeth he is 9 years old. Then our youngest kitty is Lucky we rescued him out of a boat at 2 days old and I had to bottle feed him til he could eat actual food. He is now 5 and weighs in at 19 pounds we call him fatty fatty 2 by 4.
We have a Jack Russell Terrier which our 6 year old DS named Jango from star wars's Jango Fett he is 14 weeks old and is quite hyper...lol. He gets called Mr Bo Jango all the time.
We also have 2 goldfish 1 is named Spongebob and the other is Patrick...also named by DS.
And we have a salamandor named Gizmo. He doesn't do much but eat worms and hidew under his rocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Our 11 year old dog is named Bailey. I have always called her Tweedle Peets, but I really don't know why. I think it may be because of the little happy dance she does when she sees me come home. She just does a quick little tap dance with her front paws tapping the floor and her little stub tail wagging around in a circle. She kind of looks like she could take off any minute and fly with her little propellor going in back. Any way, she always smiles when I call her Tweedle Peets. She knows it's her special little name that only I call her.
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Wink - What odd or quirky names do your pets have? Pets.... now & then

Right now I have two dogs, a bird and a cat...

1) Rat terrier named "Sporty" after my Harley-Davidson Sportster
2) Rat terrier named "Buster" because a day after we decided to get him (before he came home) he jumped off of the breader's porch and "busted" his leg (breaking it)
3) Goffin's Cockatoo name "Beaker"
4) Burman Siamese cat named "Twix" (she came w/the name, she's a rescued kitty)

Pets I have had in the past...
An orange & white tabby named "Marmalade"
An orange & white tabby named "Tigger" because he had a permanently curled tail
A grey tabby with white feet named "Sneakers"
Twin kitties named "Tic" & "Tac"
A rabbit named "Tibbar"

hmmmm I think I'll stop here.... I've had tons of pets, I'll never find an end LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I love this thread!!

Ok so I have a lot of animals. We like to rescue them.

Othello ~ A huge black lab that we rescued. He is the size of a great dane. He had that name when we rescued him and we like it so we kept it.

Scooby Doo ~ A miniature dachshund I got him as a lap dog to keep me company when I was preggers and on bed rest. We called him Scooby because I wanted to give him a ghost hunting kind of name.

Emily ~ My beautiful rag doll

Tabitha ~ My beautiful tabby

Sitara ~ Our newest rescue. Her name means morning star.

Splat ~ Our Chinese fighting fish. He decided to jump out of his bowl when we first got him, hence the name. Now he is happy in his sponge bob square pants fish tank.
Unread 09-07-2007, 12:34 PM

"Splat" what a clever name. Funny!
Unread 09-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Lol We found it very fitting.
Unread 09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Smile - What odd or quirky names do your pets have? What odd or quirky names do your pets have?

Inayah, I too have beautiful rag dolls three to be exact, all photos on my photos if you want to see them.. 2 are sisters Presouz, like me, and Sammi, they were found under a house I went to foster them and fell in love and had to keep them paid the rescue 100.00 for each one.. such a worthy cause.. I have another Rag Doll she is now 10, her mom was taken away by an owl never to be seen again from what they tell me, hard to believe the mom was about 12 pounds, and looks just like my Courtney does now...So I got Courtney when the litter was 5 weeks old, she is so loving, she has been a diabetic since age 5, 2 years on drops and the past 3 years twice daily injections. Limits me where I can go I need to be here to give her the insulin or she can get really sick!! DONT want to chance that. I did have my VET assistant, the one I did rescue the 2 girls from come and give her the shots while I was in the castle the 4 days. She is a pet sitter too, I lucked out! My girls all love her and they don't mind her coming over while I was gone.
I have a white dove, Sweetie Dove, rescued from a grave yard while my DD was visiting her Grandpa's grave site, a funeral next to them they let go 5 domestic white doves, 4 could fly this one couldn't, My DD had a fit and wouldn't let her dad or Grandma leave unless the got the dove from under the car and took it to me. heh.. I have had a lot of birds in my life and this one is the best, so smart she is.. and loves to chase my kitties while they are all on the floor its a riot!! I love animals.. and one say hope to have a bigger place to also rescue on a larger scale.. but I'm afraid I will keep them all!! over the past 5 years My wonderful kitty Alex and Itty Bitty and My wonderful Tortoise Freddy, My Guinea piggies Cous Cous and Penny Cous Cous and my 2 dogs Chubby and Whimpy have all gone to heaven and lived to a ripe old age. I am not ready for more animals 51 now, not enough energy to deal with all I used to, maybe it just because I have one teenager?? that wears you out all by its self.. heh heh I sure love talking about the love my animals past and present, they have brought me sooo much joy!!! Thanks for the topic!
Unread 09-07-2007, 02:08 PM

14 yr. old Cockapoo, Kramer we call him the Kramsters
4 Bichon Frise, Winston, also called the Winstonian

Yellow Cockatiel, Smidley
Grey Cockatiel, Maggie girl
LoveBird, Roameo (not because he is a love bird but because I rescued him from roaming on the streets of Calabasas)

Chinchilla, Dusty (not odd or quirky but quite fitting)

4 Chinese Fighting fish
Eeany, meany, miney, mo

Past pets,
Cockpoo, Clyde
Bichon Frise, Barnie, called Barnacle
Chinchilla, Alphie
Cinnamon cockatiel, Bellvadere (called Bellvie-bird when he laid eggs ... obviously she was NOT a he)
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:46 PM

My cats (both girls) and my fish all have NASCAR names. Mikey (Waltrip) and Tony (Stewart) are my cats and Dega (as in Talladega) and Napa (as in Auto Parts) are my fish.
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:52 PM

Great topic. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. Sammy is my rescued Sheltie. He's my backyard dog. He thinks he's big stuff "guarding" the backyard. Drew or Drupe is my rescued Cocker Spaniel. He's my couch potato. He's not crazy about being outside alot but boy he loves the couch. Ciara is my Husky Mix that I rescued from a busy street. She's my working dog. We go to libraries and schools and work with kids that have a hard time reading. The kids think it's really neat and special to be allowed to read with a dog.
My cats are Belle. She just showed up one day and after bringing me presents for about a week during the winter she made it into the house and hasn't left. My other two cats are barn kittens. Monkey and Rusty. Monkey got her name because she would climb her crate door and hang by one leg. Rusty she has a rust colored strip down her nose. They're cousins I think. Country cats turned into city cats.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register