Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 06-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
waiting's the hardest part

I just posted on June 4-11 progress, but will post here also. I just got home this morning after having my LAVH/BSO yesterday morning. I was the first surgery of the day and was in my room by mid-morning. So far my only complaint is the gas!! I planned on a tender tummy but was not prepared for the gas pains. They are getting better with gas X and walking helps move it around. I'm still taking percocet and motrin, hopefully I'll feel like reducing that a bit in the next couple of days.
I'm going to take a nap. It seems like I sleep for a couple hours, then am awake for a couple hours. Been that way since my surgery. Maybe as recovery progresses I'll have larger chunks of sleeping.
Take care everyone. The worst part of all of this was the wait. I'm so glad the surgery is over with. I'm currently on a premarin patch, Dr. prescribed premarin .625. I wanted bio-identical, but she claims there's no difference. She's been my Dr. for ten years, but I'm thinking about once I've recovered I'll find someone more bio-identical compatible. I know hormones are very individual, but I wish she were more open to the bio-identicals. I guess we have drug companies to thank for that.
Anyway, I'm tired and don't like to sit up for very long. I have a small incision at bellybutton and one above the hairline. They haven't bothered me at all though.
I think I could go on and on through this drug induced haze, but I'd better get some rest.
Good luck to everyone!
Unread 06-13-2007, 03:39 AM

This is my first post on the post op side. I got home yesterday around lunch time. I had a TVH. I'm still taking pain meds. I'm popping gasx like candy b/c the gas pains are horrible, as far as the rest it just feels like alot of pressure not really pain. My lower back is really hurting ( I'm guessing due to the position they had me during surgery) I'm home safe & sound so thanks to all. Best of luck to all those still waiting. I'll post a thread later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2007, 12:16 PM

Hi girls. I had my surgery on Tuesday & got home late yesterday afternoon. They were able to do the LAVH which was a relief to me, & got the uterus & cervix as well as more adhesions. I only have 3 little cuts on my belly & other than that, you wouldn't know I had anything done from the outside. The pain wasn't bad at all when I was at the hospital. I had a morphine block in my spine during the surgery. Then I had some a morphine pump with the push button in my room plus some other stuff they kept bringing in every few hours. The pain wasn't bad except when I would cough. They were keeping a close eye on my blood pressure & blood oxygen levels, cause both were low after the surgery, but were normal by last night. I had to share a room with an 81 year old lady who snored all night, so between that & the nurses coming in to do their vital checks, I didn't sleep much. Overall though, it has been alot better than I expected.
Unread 06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Blessedly Easy Time

I had my TVH on Tuesday morning and was able to come home from the hospital 24 hours later! I had virtually no pain and was able to pee two hours after the catheter was removed--thank goodness. I think the catheter and the packing were the most irritating problems! I've had a little pain since returning home (getting dressed, walking a bit, etc, set it off), but I haven't needed anything for pain today. Some gas, some discomfort from constipation, but that passed (literally) midmorning.

Mostly I just feel puny and unambitious. My husband has been splendid! Lots of cards and flowers from friends have helped too. I think listening to music at the hospital was one of the reasons I had an easy time of it--soothing, melodic music, of course!

Blessings to you all,
Ecosister
Unread 06-14-2007, 02:27 PM

Gee I posted on the 4-11 June also. This is my second day home and I am doing ok. Some pain on the left side but doing ok. Now all I have to do is figure out how to cover my incision so I can take a shower.
Unread 06-15-2007, 04:37 AM

Hello everyone,

I was in terrible pain when I first got out of recovery. They had me on a dilaudid drip for abour 1/2 a day. I noticed that noone really checked on us that often. (It's hard being a nurse in the hospital). My roomate had friboids removd but stil had an abdominal surgery. I got my own self up, turned myself, etc. I would pass all of this on to my roomie that she needed to do those thngs as well. They could not do that bladder suspension. She stated that she had tried and tried. We had a few nurses that were ok.the Night before last I got a reallu mean one.I was asking for toradol instead of a narcotic. She came in all snooty and sated I would have to whene myself off this this, I reported her to my dr. That was my dr told me to take bfore I tried to take a narotic. Anway, I hope Ididn't scare anyone, there are lot good nurses out there. I took a shower yesterday adn walked around. It's great talk to other who have been there. God bless U all.
Unread 06-15-2007, 06:11 AM

Hello Fellow Princesses!!!

My surgery was on the 13th (Wednesday) at 1:00, and I got home at 9:00 last night (Thursday). I had a TVH with a spinal rather than general anethesia due to terrible nausea with past surgeries. I absolutely would have a spinal again, and would recommend it to anyone. Recovery is fantastic!!! I had told my doctor to fix anything that needed repair once he got in there. So, I got everything pulled up a bit (I had some prolapse), and my vagina was actually tightened. I think that my husband will be excited about this!
The pain hasn't been too bad with the exception of the constipation. It turns out that I am allergic to percoset, and my body was extremely itchy all over. Now I have vacadin, and things are better now except for the whole bowels thing.

Best Wishes to Everyone!

Princess Gretchen
Unread 06-15-2007, 11:20 AM

Hi princesses! My tlh was Thursday, the 14th at 7 am, and home today at around 11.

Sore, but not too bad!

Gigimay
Unread 06-15-2007, 11:21 AM

I had my TAH on Tuesday afternoon. Bowel cleansing Monday (no fun) and no liquids since 8pm Monday night left me very dehydrated after surgery. There was a scary moment Wednesday morning when my blood pressure dropped and I was sure I was going to pass out. I look like a pin cushion from all the blood draws the past few days since my blood count was very low. They let me go home Thursday morning. The pain is tolerable with motrin and Percodan and I have Gas-X, stool softeners and iron pills they want me to take. I'm going to hold off on the iron pills until I have a bowel movement (I can't believe how I'm actually looking forward to one). I'm trying to move that along by drinking more water and eating more fruit.

My husband had to go back to work today so my 10 year old daughter has been my helper. I'm looking forward to taking a shower when he gets home from work. He's been wonderful through the whole thing taking me to the bathroom and helping me when I walk. He's even helped clean the incision for me. I couldn't have done it without him.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register