Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

I'm 2 wks post op today and feeling wonderful. It hasn't really felt like I had surgery at all this second week, though I'm still obeying dr's orders. Still walking 2-3 miles a day. The doc cleared me to swim, so I just got out of the pool and it felt great. I didn't want to over do it, so I took it easy. I'm back to work on monday, though I have been on light duty doing paperwork and working over the phone from home for the past week. I've lost 7 pounds since the castle and am going to work to keep it off. Wishing all you princesses the best in your recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:24 PM

Hi everybody,

Still feeling pretty good. My only complaint is that "pulling feeling" just above the incision. (It's a little puffy there, not much tho.) It's the same one as they did my c-sections. I can take off the rest of my steri strips today. Clothing-wise, I can wear stuff I haven't for years. I was 5 month prego size, so it is nice to be little again. No real swelly belly, which I was expecting.

When I feel good, I have been overdoing it and then the next day, I just lay around. This is my lay around day because yesterday I could drive (officially) for the first time and I went nuts. Pet Supplies Plus (they loaded my car), the grocery, and stopped by my part time job at a ladies store to say hello. Everyone was amazed I was up and about! Then the post office and home to make myself a biggie salad for dinner since the rest of the family was out doing things. Fun day, but I am paying for it today. Can't wait until my strength is back! But a down day today means tomorrow I am back in action.

Before my surgery, I was walking 2 -3 miles a day and I see some of you are already doing that. Maybe I will get my walking shoes on tomorrow and venture out, too.

I hope everybody feels better soon.
Unread 06-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Hello all:

For the constipation I use a natural product called LBT3 made by Wildrose. It naturaly stimulates your system and works like a charm. It is a pill. LBT stands for lower bowel tonic. I buy it at the health food store or you can get it a vitamin place. It was recomended to be by another friend who had the same issue when she had hysterectomy.
I am personaly doing well. I am driving, light housework and walking for exercise. I too have the swelly belly thing, but find it worse at night. Still a very light bleeding as well. The gas thing is a pain too. Literally.
My surgery was June 13 (LVAH). I used to get tired in the afternoon, but not too bad the last couple of days. I just listen to my body and take it from there and try to stay within the boundaries.
Glad to hear everyone is getting bettter and starting to get back in the swing of life.

It is wonderful to have the connection with women who are going through the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm new to this

Hello Sisters,
I had a TAH June 12th. I'm doing well but this giant swelled belly is driving me insane. I'm back to work (computer) and driving. My problem is sleeping because every time I move even just a little the pain from the incision and the discomfort of my giant belly wakes me up. I've tried Tylenol PM and Benedryl - any suggestions? Pardon me if this information is posted elsewhere - I'm brand new to hystersisters as of today and am still getting to know the site. Thank you - best wishes to all.
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Had surgery on the 12th and everyday gets better, but today I noticed that my legs feel like no blood getting to them like they are going to sleep anyone else have this feeling ? it is only when I am sitting, I get up and move around and as soon as I sit or lay down it is right back . still some pulling if I move wrong but other than that no big deal. DH wants to go to a party tomarrow night with about 200 people not to sure of that one we will see.

any adivice would grately appereatied

hopw eveyone is doing great and listen to there bodys.

christine
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:54 PM

Countrybumkin,
I had the same thing happen to me yesturday. While trying to have a BM for 30 minutes my legs and feet went numb and my DH had to help me walk back to the bed. Actually I have had two toes numb and tingling since the surgery. I have no idea why. Any advice?
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:55 PM

nope hoping somone would but will call dr monday and let you know
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:59 PM

Thanks my post opt is not until July 19th.
Unread 06-30-2007, 11:35 AM

Hi Ladies,

I removed the steri-strips after my shower last night. They all came off with no problem with the exception of a little hair pulling. Again, thanks for giving me the courage to remove them. My DH was upset that I took the advice from my "sisters" instead of him. Oh well! Thankfully, my incision appears to be healing nicely.

Does anyone have a hard area on the right side right above the incision? I thought that there was a post about this but I can't find it. Can you feel your ovaries in this area or could it just be internal swelling? I'm a bit concerned and will take it really easy today. The area is definitely tender. I have my first appt. on 7/3 and will discuss with the doctor.

Be careful over the next two weeks, ladies. I can see why you could begin to feel like you can do more than you should. I too still have a very swelly belly that reminds me to slow down!

Hugs to all and keep getting better!!

P.A.M.

P.S. Does anyone have a trip planned before returning to work? I really want to get away for some R & R before my son leaves for college and I return to work. However, right now I can't see walking around a resort or anywhere else.
Unread 06-30-2007, 03:35 PM
TROUBLE with incision

Hello Ladies,

Today is my first day by myself since my "third" surgery a week ago, today. My radical TAH was 13 JUN, and I did very well. In fact, I did not even need pain medicine upon my arrival home 16 JUN. However, late the following Friday night my incision began to swell and completely open, bleeding profusely, forcing another surgery, early on 23 JUN. Again, I have no pain, but I am learning that a high pain threshold is not really a good thing. Any suggestions from anyone on helping the healing process along?

Thanks,

Katinka

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register