Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-01-2007, 03:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Hi I had my surgery on the 11th and was let out on the 14th. I was in ALOT of pain when I woke up - they let the pain medicine run through the PCA until I was comfortable enough and able to push the button. My surgery was about 4 hours and I also had my appendix removed due to past problems. I have a couple more days on the blood thinners (I had pulmonary embolisms in the past), and also ended up with an infected incision and a bladder infection - That was fun, NOT!
How long does the pain last? I am still taking the percocet. I am also sleeping in my recliner chair as I can't get comfortable enough in bed yet - any suggestions?
Well, this is all I can handle for now - time to conquer the stairs lol
I hope all has gone well for everyone else, Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 06:12 AM

dk007,

so sorry about your troubles, sounds like you have really had a time of it!!! i have been sleeping in the bed, and i find that it helps to have several pillows under my head, like 3, which lifts me up to be able to lay down. Im sorry to hear of your infected incision. Mine started to get infected, and I went straight to the dr to get something for it!!! Hope you are getting around better soon!!!!

binky
Unread 07-01-2007, 06:20 AM

To all my other sisters,

I was doing really well, or I thought so anyway....and the last few days has really been hard for me. I have the pulling feeling on both sides, and my tummy is tender to the touch, almost like its got sunburn or something!!! (Thats how tender) or can otherwise be explained like someone used my stomach as a punching bag!!!!

My DD's had the county swim meet yesterday, so I went.....it was ok, but I really couldnt stay, there was no air conditioning in the gym where they housed them, and the pool was an indoor pool, so it was like a sauna......after getting up the first time to go to the restroom, i felt like i was going to be sick!!! My DH talked me into leaving (i had my car and it was the first time i had drived since surgery) and going home.

I really didnt feel like i over did it, more that the environment was not comfy enough, im not really sure what happened, but i came home, got back in my recliner, and i was ok....not real hungry at dinnertime, but ok......i really just want to recoop, and be able to do stuff i used to do!!!

PLUS, i still have this THING on my face, the staff infection.....dont guess anyone else was that lucky huh!!!! Its getting better, just not as fast as I would like it to!!!!!

OK, thanks for listening!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 06:40 AM

LOL= laugh out loud! But, Lots of Laughs fits the bill, too!!

I'm now 2-1/2 weeks post op, and my headache seems to be subsiding (I wrote about it a while back...many posts back!) It started almost a week after surgery (TVH), was at the base of my skull. I thought it was something hormonal. I had my 2 week post-op appt, and the doc said she didn't think so. I then asked if I could go to my chiropractor, to see if maybe I was way out of wack! She said yes, and a massage would be good, too! I love my doc My dh calls her Dr. Summeroff!!! I figured I'd be back at work at the 4 week mark, which is what I told them. (I answer phones in a busy, did I mention BUSY, cardiology office, so nothing strenous) But, with my headache, and my, ahem, age (55) she wants me to take the full 6 weeks! I said, oh, [OK[/i] I certainly wouldn't want to do anything to interfere with my recovery!! So, I'm outta work till Aug 1. I'll miss the $$, but I'll take the sunshine!

I went Friday to my chiro, he found some really, I mean REALLY, tender spots, and worked on them (base of skull), did the adjustment, and told me to see my dd (she's a licensed massage therapist!! ) and have her work on me! HA, so I did! Felt amazing! Just upper body, mainly shoulders and neck. She did work on me, though!

My headache isn't completely gone, but I didn't have to take any Exedrine or Aleive yesterday (and unfortunately, I've been living on those 2...God only know what they're doing to my liver). I'm getting "twinges", but not so horrible.

So, that's my story! Going for a 1 mile walk each day. Would love to increase that, but my legs feel like rubber!! But, I'll slowly take it up a notch.

Doc doesn't want me doing any other exercise, no lifting, no bike riding, no golf till she sees me Aug 7.

Oh, at my 2 week, she did do an internal..I was worried, but it didn't hurt at all. Actually, it was less painfull than when my uterus was falling out of me!! THAT uas uncomfortable! She said my stitches were still there, everything looked good, and I should have a "normal" vagina (her words!) No sex till she sees me, either.

Take care all you princesses!!!
Laurie
Unread 07-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Katinka,
So sorry you had to undergo two surgeries. Wow! I too had a TAH with a lot of blood loss before the surgery and the usual loss during. The best healing process would be to do what Dr. says. Take it easy. Drink lots of water. Eat good food. Eat all three meals because your rebuilding blood. Your body is healing after such a big thing as taking out an organ and loosing so much blood. I usually do not eat a lot of red meat but I did have a delicious lean steak - twice - rare. Hold your pillow close and when you get bored. Get on Hystersisters and and say hello to the sisters. Take your slow walks you do not want to be totally vegitative. You did not say where you live but I am here in Northern Illinois and the weather is absolulely beautiful!! So it is hard not to garden. So I sit on my front porch and be the "princess". The first two weeks were slow moving but Each day is progress and since Friday I have been out and about with a Farmers Market and Church this morning. I feel really great! But, still took my resting time. It is nice to watch my Yard Maintence Man (DH) walking around doing work. Reading some magazines also. Television made me crazy. And, above all, when you overdo it, you are only hurting yourself. Good luck!

I said a prayer for all my hystersisters in church today!
Unread 07-01-2007, 06:15 PM

Hi everyone - my 13 year old daughter who is in touch with the text messaging and IM tells me that LOL stands for Laugh out Loud. Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
pain

Hi, I have severe burning pain on my right side, I had it immediatley in the hospital and the dr said its because he had to cortorize a "bleeder" the problem is I still have that intense pain, has anyone else had this problem?
Unread 07-02-2007, 08:45 AM

Doing so much better this week. Hormones are leveling a little I guess. Premarin 1.25 was what I needed, plus I am using a progestrone cream 2 times a day. I also take Estroven Pm at night to help me sleep. I have more energy and a little less depression. I received the book Sudden Menopause and it is helping me with ideas to feel better. Hang in there girls. We can get through this.
Unread 07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
three weeks today

Good am to all, today is the third week for me... I am still having some nights hard to sleep, but heck, its not like Im working in the day yet.(not on any hormone replacement as of yet) stitches have healed nice, Dr took add three half inces off from hip to hip adh from two prev c-sections.. he called it a mini tummy tuck .. funny as its not flat.. Right side has been soo soo much better no more burning pain .. healing inside Dr says. Today will be my 3rd time out in the world since surgery the 11th, pace myself, and have to stop somewhere to eat or get the shakes. Rained all day here(ga) yesterday and last night, watched The Concert For Dianna, all day yesterday.. Can tell this am that was not good just hanging around the tube that long yesterday... How long does it take for all this swelly belly to go down down ? Has anyone bought the sweely belly band on this sight ??????? Wish me luck out and about, still light walking, no real housework thats for sure....still not released to drive yet.. 2nd appt is next Monday the 9th. Hope all have a safe and blessed 4th.. talk soon.
Unread 07-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Hello ladies, thought I'd post with an update. It's been 18 days since my TLH, and things seem to be moving right along. Pain has been manageable with tylenol or advil; usually experience more pain and swelly belly at the end of the day. I've been doing more stuff around the house (of course still no lifting and vacuuming!!!), and started driving again last week. I never experienced the BM problem-- actually had the OPPOSITE problem of going many times a day. Turns out it was my ulcerative colitis popping in to say hello, but I upped my meds for that and it seems to be back under control. There's been one small area of skin that will sometimes start to burn like crazy, especially if I've been wearing clothes that touch it, but otherwise just a little soreness. Pathology/surgery reports came back benign. (yeah!) We knew I had fibroids, but I had literally dozens of them-- many small, a few not so small-- around 8 cm. Also had endo binding an ovary to a fibroid and that all to my pelvic sidewall. Endo. was also starting to choke off a ureter, so could have eventually damaged a kidney. No wonder I was in so much pain. Turns out I also have adenomyosis. That was a surprise. The pictures of all of that are lovely, let me tell you. I think my surgeon might be a genius for being able to take all of that out through 4 tiny incisions. I have such a new respect for those who choose medical careers!

Hope you all continue to recover well!

Gigimay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register