Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Laugh Out LOUD..... Just means something really hit your "funny bone" !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Teena, my condolences on the loss of your sister. I can't even imagine what you're going through.
Unread 07-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Had TAH with removal of ovaries and cervix on June 11th with endometriosis. I had major problems with nauseau because of the pain meds and had to have something else. Hence have avoided them like the plague! Anyway... I too had lots of pulling on the inside and since DR was on vacation for the two weeks following my surgery, my followup was at 3 weeks. Then he told me WHY I had bowels from [email protected] along with painful bladder spasms. He had to separate my uterus from my bladder and my colon. I actually was glad to find out at least WHY everything was so painful....Hate to tell you it might last a while. I naturally tried to eat healthy and drink lots of fluids which he had not told me to do BUT said it was good. I was beginning to wonder if I was CAUSING it all by eating toooooo healthy and I was not used to it!!!! ANyway... hope things move along for you. I too have a tendency to overdo it and then MUST lay down.... The only thing I am getting better at is telling everyone else IT IS time for me to stop....
Have been shopping in MALLL and then in pain that night.... Lay down most of next day. DH wants me to go for a walk and if after a day like that!!!! I am learning to say NOOOOO!
Told my DR about this site and he had a previous patient to tell him about it....
I wish I had found this site BEFORE my TAH and maybe I would have been a little more prepared.
Thanks sisters for being there to understand and let me WHINE a little as needed. For anyone new. Feel free..... that's what we are here for.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:52 PM

I am going to try a bath for the first time since my surgery!!! I am sooooo sick of showers!!! This is my secret method to get to sleep tonight - let's hope it works! I called the Doctor's office today regarding the bath question and doing kegels. I got a go ahead on the bath, but a no on kegels due to the posterior repair.

Best wishes to all my Sisters!

Gretchen
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Post op surgery on 6/15/2007

It has been 2 week and 4 days since I had a sub total abdonimal hyster, I had 48 staples and I was and still is in alot of pain. During the surgery things didn't go according to plan when they cut me open my doctor had to go get a intestinal specilist surgeon to come and assist her due to the large amounts of scar tissue that was in me, everything was attached to one another and things was twisted and it was really a mess the doctor said. So I was in the hospital for 4 days. The gas pains was unbearable at times and I didn't have a bowel movement until Wendsday that week. I am only 35 and no children so the emotional side of this for me had been very are to deal with. But I am moving around okay the doctor only wants me going up and down the stairs once a day, my incision opened up on Friday and she felt that I was moving around to much. i will keep you posted on my progress.
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:08 PM
How was your bath?

Hope you enjoyed your bath, I can't wait to take one, I am so tired of showers also.
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:28 PM

Hello all, Happy 4th to all. every day getting better but horse had to pull a good stunt yesterday and no one home untill the vet got here.. Yearling decide to jump the fence and test out is man hood on one of my mares, so 7 inside stiches and 14 out side and a snorflation I think we fixed it ha ha, now the inside joke here at the house is Don't make mom mad the hormones are not right and she might have us snorfledoodled if we don't do as she ask LOL!!!! at least I got there attention

hope everyone is getting better and Hugs are for every one on here
Unread 07-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Cant sleep again

k this is really the pull again tonight, cant sleep, seems like I can hear everyone snore , even the dog tonight(this am) took a sleep pill, really isnt working on me ambian 5.5,
DH norm was just in a quiet slow moving mood, now in my 3rd week, not much tlc left in him I guess, he said I needed to call the dr to get something for the honey do mood im in, told him he needed to call his and get someting to make him move faster, and not be on edge.... no wonder I cant sleep tonight.he has been helpful. Are we allowed to go somewhere to recoup other than home .. the beach, lake, anywhere? sorry to be venting this early, kids are just dying for me to take them places, and cant yet. can i drive in a car 6 hrs yet..... guess i could put the tent in the yeard an pertend they are somewhere fun w/me.
Happy 4th, stay safe and pray that I can just tune out the things I cant do myself right
Unread 07-04-2007, 06:02 AM

I know the feeling of not sleeping I went to sleep around 3am and her it is I woke up at 7:15am. I know what you are talking about with DH I asked him to make me a snack and he up everything for me to put it together. I told him you all fuss at me at trying to do to much but when I ask you all to do it I get a slight attitude. I can't wait until I am able to do things for myself.
Unread 07-04-2007, 06:37 AM

My bath was fantastic!!!! Now, I just need to catch up on the ZZZZZZZZZZZZ's!!!

Darla - I am soooo sorry that you had to go through so much!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register