Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Well I am at 3 weeks today. I still do not think I am healing as quickly as the other sisters. However I am listening to my body. I have been very tired. I haven't left the house since I returned from the castle. My Dh says my immune system was low before the surgery and because of this it will take more time to heal. All I know is that I am bored!

Happy 4th to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2007, 12:42 PM

goLinda,

Thank God! You definitely have something to celebrate. Good for you!
Unread 07-04-2007, 12:42 PM

My surgery was on June 15, 2007 and I have not left home since coming from the hospital, being bored is not the word, i am so happ I found this website, I am so tired all of the time I was sitting here with my DH and he said I fell right to sleep while I was talking to him. Are you still sore, I had 45 staples and many more inside. I had so much done inside during the surgery my rectum, intestines, bladder was all attached by scar tissue and stuck to my uterus so I am in lot of pain and discomfort so I understand about being bored and not being able to get around it will be a while for me before I am able to do much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2007, 01:04 PM

Have any of you ladies gone back to work yet? My doctor says I can go on the 9th if I feel up to it. I am not sure I can make it a full day without falling asleep.
Unread 07-04-2007, 01:11 PM

I know what you mean about falling asleep! I have my followup appointment on the 19th and will ask the doctor when she thinks it's ok for me to back to work. She had originally given me 8 weeks but I would like to go back on the 23rd but only doing half days for the first week back.
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Three weeks down, three to go

Sisters~ Happy Fourth of July
I had a TVH three weeks ago today with bladder repair
(Monarc sling) and am doing well...when I don't overdo
it. Walking is good and I can't wait to get back to working
out at the gym, but not too quickly. I think the thing I
was least prepared for was the belly swelling, although
most of it is gone now. I too had the back pain on the left
side...one night in particular. I am glad to be done with
periods, done with surgery, but not void of all my hormones! Sue
Unread 07-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Golinda,
Great news!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Laurie
Unread 07-04-2007, 08:36 PM

had mu TAH with removal of both ovaries and had endometriosis which had everything attached too..... soooooooo... I feel your pain. I think endo makes everything diff. I had mine on June 11 and am just starting to have bowel movements which I consider to be halfway normal.... NO WHERE near normal.... DR said uterus was attached to bladder AND colon so that helped to explain it at a 3 week ck up. Other than that I had to rely on other Hystersysters to assure me I was not crazy... Bowels from [email protected] etccc..... Hope things go better for you. I am starting to get better but am tired of eating healthy..... THis is NOT my thing but WOW... I have been eating celery, salads, soup, you name it....... along with ! stool softener.... Had problems with 2 so am trying to be good and natural by eating healthy..... Right now I think lots of fluids in form of Beer are good.... Better than pain killers which I haven't taken since day 2 home anyway.....Goood luck... Sorry you had a lot done.... Understand completely...............
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:00 PM

Sure he does.... Depends on how much you did BEFORE surgery.....I have always been someone who does a LOT around house AND yard..... since surgery have stilll tried to do more than should.....HOWEVER.... had company tonight and DH cleaned up dishes etc... and rally was proud of himself.....
I think it is fantastic and really hard to handle.... Am used to doing everything for everybody else....My teenage daughter had really been patient..... One thing I really try to avoic is lifting................Good luck...................Thanks to all who are there..................
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:09 PM

I am just AMAZED at the difference a week has made for me! At 3 weeks post-op, life is different! My energy is really coming back. I have to make sure that I am eating good, taking care of myself, and taking a nap if needed (or at least lie down). I have a new job opportunity that I am very excited about! We have gone through negotiations, and it looks good. I am glad, but a little frightened to be embarking on this now. It will feel good to let my heartless office know what I am doing. My real problem is my clients, I don't want to let them down! It will all work out, but I am trying to keep the cat in the bag right now, so I can have a smooth transition! (What a terrible saying!!! I am soooo sorry if I offended anyone!)

Gretchen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register