Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Have anyone gone for a massage yet?? Have you slept on your tummy?? I am going for my massage - which is much needed to loosen up my back muscle but I haven't slept on my tummy yet - would it hurt the incision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
sleep on tummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmose2006
Have anyone gone for a massage yet?? Have you slept on your tummy?? I am going for my massage - which is much needed to loosen up my back muscle but I haven't slept on my tummy yet - would it hurt the incision?

:As for sleeping on my tummy , Dr still advised me not to said on my side, even though I had for quiet a few nights. said there are still internal stitches left to heal I guess thats why and poss pulling while asleep. So its back to my side for a few more weeks at least. Thank goodness its not on my back anymore, as I am def not a back sleeper like my DH. massage from what I have heard prev threads have started for some, I forgot to ask my dr here at 4 week ck up. Sounds like it would be great, cant get my husband to give me a good one thats longer than 3 min long, so that would be my dream come true, and a good pedicure without the massage chair right now. you know these things should be included at a 4 week post-op in their office , yeah just charge the insu company, not like we arnt being charged in the tousands already.. sounds like it could be a good little buissness on the side to start in the future for women.. Have a wonderful weekend.
frim a cloudy overcast day in North Ga mountains.........
Unread 07-14-2007, 11:47 AM

mmose2006~ I went yesterday for a hour hot rock massage and it was a WOW experience. I totaly recomend it. It was far more relaxing then the regular massage. I have had no ill effects from it either. Felt wonderful and my achy muscles are gone.
Yesterday I did just over a three mile walk and I felt good. I did not even have a nap in the afternoon. I did not do much around the house though. I am trying to pace myself better. Still dealing with swelly belly. By the evening it is there in full form. lol... I hope by the time I go back to work it calms down a bit. My clothes will be uncomfortable.
I too had a bit of bright red blood yesterday too. It is back to normal now.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Teena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Too bad you gals don't live around here! (Buffalo, NY). My dd is a licensed massage therapist, and man does she give a good massage. Plus, she just got her stones for the hot stone massage! I haven't had one of those yet, but am planning on it real soon!! She's mostly been working on my upper back, neck and head. I had a nasty headache at the base of my skull, and her massages really seem to have done the trick!

I've been doing so much sewing/quilting these last few days, I could really use one now!!

Feel good ladies! I'm doing great!
Laurie
Unread 07-15-2007, 02:52 AM

Hello everyone, this is my first post, though I have been reading yours. Last week I was riding on waves of gratitude - my surgery was past; my biopsy was benign. This week, my emotions have taken a nosedive. I cry at the least little thing. I can't watch anything on TV that is the least sad (nor can I watch anything that might make me laugh - it still hurts; so does coughing or sneezing). I saw the surgeon on Fri. He declares me doing well and dismissed me, which is good news. But I feel so far from my old self. I know I am much improved over my last visit 2 weeks ago, but I feel like a wreck. Even riding in the car hurts. Swelly belly is getting to be problematic. I know I need to walk for many different reasons, but being up for very long at all causes swelling. I know my body has been through a major shock, but right now I am just really freaked about my physical condition. Maybe next week will be better. This, too, will pass.
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:31 AM
to Fairfax Va

Dont worry as I have been having these per my prev threads off and on also, and today is the day my dd is moving after 15 yrs to try living w/dad in another state, soo I walked my mile last night and let the tears flow again, yes Mom called and asked if I had watched the funeral for LBJ on tv from Texas, and I said I am not going to watch anything sad right now. Just let them flow and call and tell him, if it gets worse as I had to do past week. I know mine will start today in a few more hours and when I go and feel like our family unit is not complete w/out dd in a few days, maybe hours.
Your living in a fun place, I grew up my whole life in Silver Spring Md, and all my Aunts uncles friends lived in FF and Reston. So take a drive to wolf trap, or out the New market, plan a day at the bay, oh I do miss the vineyard days and lots of free concerts in the summer. THings will get better, just get out of the house........ dont overdo ..just go..
Take care for a blessed day.
North Ga mountains......sunny here.
Unread 07-15-2007, 07:34 AM

terryrw,

I feel much the same as you do, and i fear going back to work!!! My next appointment is the 31st of July, and I am supposed to return to work on August 1. My greatest fear at this point is getting released!! I feel ok, but I really dont know if I can work for 10 hours a day.....without falling out!!!! Im ok to do things around the house, but i really dont like going out much. Maybe thats bad that I have become a couch potato, but its my most comfortable position.

If I go out to the mall, or somewhere to walk for a long period of time i get physically exsausted and all i want to do is go home and lay down! No kidding about swelly belly, its there and it really lets you know if you have overdone it!!!!

I suppose it will all work out in the long run, maybe I just have an aversion to work!!!!!
Unread 07-15-2007, 08:07 AM

binky25, I am right with you guys. I am going to the doctor on the 27th and I am afraid she will release me to go to work. I do pretty good in the morning and by midafternoon I just want to rest, then I go to bed around 9 pm. I think it is normal to worry about going back to work. We are told to rest and take it easy for so long and then one day they say you can do everything again. Maybe it's a mental thing too. I work as a nurse, 12 hour shifts at night. I told my dh that I might have to do a trial run at home before I go back to work. lol I am glad it isn't just me! Tobasco39 48yo, lavh, no parts left
Unread 07-15-2007, 08:19 AM

Hey Ladies, I hit the emotional wall just yesterday.. I am pretty easy going but this was NUTS!!! I cried all day and even at stupid comercials.. LOL I had the empty feeling.. and for the last 4 days my stomach feels all bruised inside.. the stitches where the scope and camera went on my belly are poking out so that is JUST GREAT!!.. I go for my Doc aptment. next week loads of questions for him .. I too around 3pm hit a wall and am so tired and when I get up and walk around I feel great but swollen .. so its all part of the package of healing.. take care and I hope that you heal up well and fine

Georgiana
Unread 07-15-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm almost there...

Thursday was my 4 week checkup. Dr. said I am doing great. My energy is almost where it was. "No relations" for 2 weeks yet, due to a stitch that has yet to go away completly on the inside. I did, however, make my goal that I had hoped to do by the end of the summer. I walked both of my Borzoi's for 3 miles like I could before surgery. I had been working up to the distance, but this morning I did it!

On the other stuff, BM's are fine (I drink a ton of water and eat bran w/ raisins every morning), not too much gas, incision healed nicely. Only thing is at night when I change positions in bed, I am sore - but not too bad. When I am up and moving, I doesn't bother me.

Today's goal is to get painting my younger DD's bedroom. I started yesterday but it is a big job. If I need a nap, my room is next door!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register