Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Marty07,
its not that I cant exercise its that I cannot do the Physical Training that the military doese. so I will be doing everything at my pace and on my time ... its all going to be Dr Orders.. which is really excellent.. if I had to do what they wanted me to do I would not survive.. so its a gradule thing .. but I am looking forward to it..

Thanks
Georgiana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone

Laura~ it always amazes me the catyness of women at times. Sounds like she is just jealous that you got some of the summer off. Dido to the other posts... You have to take care of you and this is of course first and most important. Our jobs are just that a job. I know it will bother you for a bit, but let it go and do what is best for you because in the picture of life what she thinks really plays no roll in your life and has no meaning unless you let it. She is just ignorant as some people are....

I am doing well. I actualy did some cleaning yesterday. I took it easy, but it felt good to get some of it done. Today is fold and put laundry away. Along with going through my closet and dresser.... time to perge. I really want that done before I go back to work.

I am going to meet my girlfriend for breakfast and then go for my walk. It is raining here today, so I will take an umbrella along.

Health wise I am feeling pretty good. I have a little discharge still and sometimes it is a bright red, but there is just a little. I get the pulling and slight burning feeling too. Not often, but it is there. Of course dear swelly belly is there in the evening too. lol... I am now sleeping better though. I did not take an afternoon nap the last couple of days and I too am nervous about being able to keep up when I go back to work. I feel blessed to work in an office where my co-workers and boss are very supportive and understanding. They even said if I need extra time to take it and recover. They want me back, but they want me back well.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and be good to the princess.

Teena
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:51 AM

Valleyautohouse, how are you today??
Wow I just read you were from Abbotsford BC I was raised on Vancouver Island BC for 21 years .. West Coast is the Best.. I get the weather updates from my parents so its funny you say its raining .. its over 90 deg here IN Virginia I am stationed at Langley AFB and I was born here .. so its crazy the full cirlce people take in life.. and my Mum is Canadian so when I was around 2 we stayed On the Island and my family all lives there still.. I traveled the world and always find that home is paradise..
Take care and happy recovery

Georgiana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 01:28 PM

5 weeks today are behind me! I agree with others that sometimes it seems like such a slow process to healing but remember 5 weeks ago? There has definitely been improvement.

I saw my Cardiologist yesterday (I had a mild heart attack 7 days after surgery) and he's happy with my progress. I'm expecting a full recovery (I'm only 50 and have always been in excellent health). I'm excited because I get to reduce a bunch of the meds I've been on.

Although my tummy is sometimes sore, it is a reminder to keep taking it easy. I have yet to drive (got the go-ahead yesterday) but the bumps in the road when I'm riding don't bother me as much anymore. My neighbor took me for a ride in his Viper on Sun. night and I was expecting a rough ride, but it was fine.

So Princesses, hang in there and don't pay attention to "friends" that would be down on you for resting. It's what we've got to do. It's your body!
Jo
Unread 07-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Today I managed to make it 8 hours @ work...

Although my tummy was swelled by the end of the day, it didn't really hurt...just kinda ached....

I had a headache today for the first time since my surgery..also, around 4 I started getting the shakes.(hands)

Also, my ankles and feet swelled today.....Anyone else having that problem?

I treated myself to shampoo/cut/style after work...boy that felt good.... I know I probably should have went straight home b/c I wasn't up to par...but it was worth it.

When I got home, my 17 yr old daughter had fixed roast/potatoes/corn on the cob/carrots.....YUM YUM...

Compared to pre hyst, let me tell you, post hyst is looking pretty good.....LIFE is good....

To those still having a rough recovery, hang in there, like someone earlier posted..."It will be better"

I'm sure I will have some days better than others, but I can't help it....Today I feel GREAT....

I am woman...hear me roar......

Got carried away and hit enter button by mistake...LOL

Anyway...Here's hoping everyone gets to feeling great really soon....my thoughts and prayers are with you...

Fefe

LAVH 6/13, took cervix, uterus, lft ovary/tube....abnorm cyst on lft ovary, hyperplasia....and on and on....
Out with the bad....only the good remain....
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMBC69
Valleyautohouse, how are you today??
Wow I just read you were from Abbotsford BC I was raised on Vancouver Island BC for 21 years .. West Coast is the Best.. I get the weather updates from my parents so its funny you say its raining .. its over 90 deg here IN Virginia I am stationed at Langley AFB and I was born here .. so its crazy the full cirlce people take in life.. and my Mum is Canadian so when I was around 2 we stayed On the Island and my family all lives there still.. I traveled the world and always find that home is paradise..
Take care and happy recovery

Georgiana
Hi Georgiana,

That is neat. It must be an interesting life. I am taking a trip to the Island next week. It is beautiful there. We are going to the Juan De Fuca side. Taking a little holiday before it is back to work.
Sounds like the weather where you are is beautiful or is it too hot?
How long have you lived in the states?
It is funny how life does come full circle sometimes.
Hope you had a wonderful day and that recovery is treating you well.

Teena
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurdid
OK, time to vent. Let me give a little history. I work in a dr. office, cardiology. I'm a "secretary". Basically I answer the phones. BUT, it is a busy office...8 docs at our location, 7 at our other. I handle phone just for our office, but I do have to deal with the hospitals and calls like that for both offices. It's busy, as I said. It's a full-time plus job. I usually work 42 hours a week. So, when I planned this surgery, I knew it would be during other people's vacations. Too bad! I can't imagine any one of them saying they couldn't have surgery because it wouldn't be good for the office! yeah, right. Well, I talked to one of my friends from work yesterday, and, being me, asked what kind of gossip is going on!! I'm out of the loop, and want to know, right? She told me that one of the ladies, and I use that term lightly, has been complaining about me!! Ha! Love it!! Tell me more! Well, she wants to know, first of all, why I had to plan this surgery during the summer...taking the WHOLE month of July off (hey, not MY idea, talk to my doc!). Also, she went on about how "all I do is sit on my FAT-*** all day anyway!". AND, wait there was more, "If she can take her FAT-*** and get her nails done, she can come here....she knew there would be vacations now"!!! O-M-G!! I knew that one was a real "B", but I didn't think I really had a fat-***!!! I laughed though....how nasty can a person get??? There were a few more statements made by her, but that's enough for now.

Well, me and my F-*** are going to go get some breakfast and enjoy the day! I'll sit in the sun. I'll go to the library and get a new book to read while I sit in the sun!!

Oh, one more thing, to show you her REAL work ethic! The girl who covers me is on vacation. Normally, she'd work in medical records with the nasty one. There are 3 of them in that department...I told you it's a busy office... one's on vacation, and nasty mouth CALLS IN SICK!!!! yeah, right...she's sick all right! Sick in the head!

There, I feel much better now!
Carry on!

Princess Fat-***
Lauradid! Let it get you mad but DONT let it make you feel guilty. That's all they are trying to do...I am a teacher and I have done this over my summer and I have people tell me they woundn't have taken up their summer.... I'm just one of those consciencious "old" ones who has maximum days (3 months) saved and never misses school. HOWEVER!! Although I am starting to do well, I still hit that WALL and when I do I absolutely have to lie down! Sitting won't cut it. I am even concerned about going back to work at 8 weeks and DH says I might not! ANYWAY.... IF THEY HAVEN'T BEEN THROUGH IT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! AND even if they have been through it each person is different..... I was one who thought I would be golfing at 2 weeks! My DR even said so BEFORE surgery. When I confronted him he smiled and asked if I would have gone ahead with this if he had told me everything! ( I have put it off for 5 years and let EVERYTHING GET BAD with endo, fibroids etc....). SO pamper yourself as long as you can and if you could... maybe... just maybe ... you might need and "extra week"
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM

Thanks, glawrim.... I'm not letting it make me feel guilty, I'm not even mad about it. I laughed when I was told!! Just knowing her the way I do. Nothing is good enough for her...EXCEPT her one and only child. He's perfect! Of course. I feel sorry for his wife, having her as a mother-in-law!! Plus, I've heard her talk about her daughter-in-law!!

but, I'm doing just fine!

Also, can't wait till I get the "OK" to play golf!!!
Laurie
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM

Hi Teena,
I have not lived here for a year yet.... I was 5 years in Europe.. Virginia is hot and humid right on the chesapeak bay..
with the healing part I went through a bad spell the last week.. so I hope it gets better??
take care and have a great vacation
Georgiana
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:33 AM

Lauradid,

In my case I could not wait any longer - I had to do the surgery - like now! Don't let them make you feel anything other than you taking care of your self. I like the "thank-You" note idea tho. If these catty women have a consious than that would be how to retaliate. And as you know, if you have not gone through a surgery such as the one we have gone through. Then it is hard to relate. Just remember - get yourself better so that down the road there will be no problems and you just hold your head high!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register