Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Laura- Ignore the hype! I agree that jealousy might be the reason the co-worker is complaining. Also some people live through the lives of other people. (sad)

Idyllic- I understand not being able to play with the kids. My kids are bored out of their minds! Hang in their it's only a little while to be down. While you have the rest of your life to enjoy life!

Creekwood- Amen! You are so right! Women can be so competitve. I never could understand why women tear each other down instead of lifting each other up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 12:12 PM

Hi I was also born and raised on vancouver island its the greatest!!! Lived there for 30 years. Would love to chat with a fellow Islander.
Unread 07-18-2007, 12:36 PM

I had my surgery follow up visit yesterday. Thanks to all of you, I was not nearly as afraid of the internal examination as I might have been! It didn't really hurt at all...the pressing on my tummy was more uncomfortable but definitely tolerable.

So, after just a little past 4 weeks post surgery, the doctor has released me! He says I'm doing great and can go back to work at 6 weeks! Told me I can start working out but no heavy lifting, pulling, etc. for at least 2 more weeks then only what is comfortable.

Now, he did recommend (with my DH there to listen) that we wait till the 8 week mark to have sex. He had a patient recently that had follow up problems with her vaginal cuff and is being extra cautious.

I hope all of you are doing great! I overdid it this past weekend and asked him if he was SURE I could handle an 8 hour day in less than 2 weeks and he asked me the following question: "could you have handled the weekend you just had the previous week?"...of course, the answer was no! He pointed out that I'm doing better and better each week and I'll be fine. That's that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 03:54 PM
once again another question *sigh

I had my appointment yesterday - 5 weeks - and ended up having to have an ultrasound as well....has anyone else run into having a fluid buildup above the vault? (whatever that means?)
My Doctor leaves for holidays on Monday and after the ultrasound they told me to make an appointment to see the doctor in a week - The soonest I can get back in is Aug.9 th
I am assuming that it wasn't bad enough to go back in for surgery (if that is how they handle it), so, does it pop (or whatever) by itself?
Any information would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherdaughter
Hi ladies, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Thanks to those special crowns that emailed and checked on.

I was feeling much better. Emotionally for some reason I have been really missing my dad every time I would hear the back door open I caught myself wondering if it was dad. On TV this last week there seemed to be allot of John Wayne movies. {my dad committed suicide three weeks before my surgery and promised he would watch JW movies with me went he wasn't haying}

I felt so well that on Friday, July 6th, I drove for the first time into town. 10 miles and manual dodge truck for a hair cut. Man that hurt, trying to shift, turn, hold tummy (through the pillow) and laugh at myself all at once. Came home and took a two hour nap. The next day 7th we went up and checked our cows in the mountains 35 miles away. {we put the cattle up in the mountains at summer so that we can cut the hay of the pastures down here}. My husband didn't want to check on the cows he wanted me to rest but I was insistent. We got near and I noticed smoke he said it was from the California fires in the area and not to worry, I told him no something is wrong. Came around the next hill and next to the corrals we lease there was two twenty foot pine trees on fire, someone had set a fire. He jumped out tried to get the cows to move lower down in the pasture near the wet part. I jump in the driver seat and drove three miles up the road to get cell service. I was the first to call in the fire went back and help husband move cows. Long story short four hour later and six plane drops saved the cows it burned 40 acres and I payed for it later. My stomach felt like it was the one on fire.

Was suppose to go to work on the 9th but felt horrible like I had the flu no energy and queasy, felt like crying. I am already on premian, sorry about spelling. Husband and cousin called doctor and prescribed sleeping pills. I was only sleeping five hours at night, and thirty minute cat nap thorough the day, I thought I was getting enough.

Went to work on the 11th, would have preferred the 16th but don't have any leave time left and hospital bills coming in. I only did six hour days plus the 45 minute commute each way in the truck. But each day around 3pm, I think from sitting up to much my belly would swell and hurt. Come home and had to take a naps.

Still not up to speed and have a tender belly still, but getting there day by day. Anyone else still have tender belly and feeling blah? or am I just a wimp?
I am still real tender and my stomache feels swollen, I have barely eaten anything so it cant be weight gain
Unread 07-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Internal exam

Good afternoon Sisters,
Went to the Dr for my internal exam today, it's wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it was going to be.
Dr said I still have alot of internal stitches but they are dissolving nicely.
I still have some pain on the left side of my incision, mostly when I cough or turn wrong. I'm still showing signs of anemia, so Dr wants me to take vitamin c along with the multivitamin I already take.
Keeping me on the same restrictions since I'm still getting dizzy when I bend or lean over.
Gees my recovery is so slow compared to some of you gals, but I guess every one heals in there own way and time.. I see Dr again in two weeks...

I do have some good news....I didn't loose any more weight, still at 121lbs.......
I was starting to get worried...

Happy healing to ya'll....
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~
Good afternoon Sisters,
Went to the Dr for my internal exam today, it's wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it was going to be.
Dr said I still have alot of internal stitches but they are dissolving nicely.
I still have some pain on the left side of my incision, mostly when I cough or turn wrong. I'm still showing signs of anemia, so Dr wants me to take vitamin c along with the multivitamin I already take.
Keeping me on the same restrictions since I'm still getting dizzy when I bend or lean over.
Gees my recovery is so slow compared to some of you gals, but I guess every one heals in there own way and time.. I see Dr again in two weeks...

I do have some good news....I didn't loose any more weight, still at 121lbs.......
I was starting to get worried...

Happy healing to ya'll....
I too have been concerned that my recovery was not progressing as well as others BUT it does depend on what has been done. I see you too had a lot of "stuff done".. I had 4 large fibroids removed along with TAH... overies, & cervix with endo so "things" had attached. I've had major problems with bowels and pain even in kidneys.... DR said to be patient, there was a lot of cutting done inside. It appears you had even more. SOooooo... it makes sense you will take longer to recover. I know it gets a little depressing at times when we are not progressing as fast as some of the others but I guess we will just have to wait! I am NOT a patient person when it comes to myself but I am TRYING to behave. I DONT want to cause scar tissue for my insides to connect again.... Good luck. Lets just try to remember we are doing better than we were. I can't say better each day because some days are set backs....
Unread 07-20-2007, 06:59 AM

Good morning all....

I too have worried about the work thing for wayyyy too long....and Im , "OK", but i just am sort of uncomfy with what I will have wear!!!! I have to wear a uniform.....AND.....a gunbelt!!!! OMGosh, I just dont know if Im ready for that or not!!! When I put on pants, and you guys are the ONLY ones who can understand this....I feel like they fit when i put them on, and then I GROW into them by the end of the day where my tummy is pushing its way out of the pants!!!!!! Its a horrible feeling!!!!! OK, so imagine a 20 lb or so gunbelt on your hips pushing down towards your gut!!!!!

Dr (female) says I should be fine, but Im to the point where im like "youve never had a hysterectomy, AND, you arent the one who has to wear the uniform and the gunbelt!!!!!!!!" Sorry, just venting!!! I go back on the 31st and Im supposed to go back to work on the 1st, but hopefully I can get another week out of it!!! Just dont think im ready yet, not only that, we work 10 hour shifts!!!!

So now you guys wanna talk about co-workers......I work with guys....they have no concept of why I took two months off during the busiest time of the year.....all they can say is, "you need to get back here, we need you!!!!" Same thing...I have not been there, and my DH says not to go back until I go back to work....then they will think Im ok to come back!!!!!

Im feeling relatively well....but if i overdo it, it doesnt take me long to figure it out!!! I have tried desperately to avoid the afternoon nap thing....its hard, but its the best thing to do!! Swelly belly is still the worst part of the whole thing!!

Hope you all are feeling well and have a good day!!!!!
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:23 AM
working with men

blinky25, I too work with mostly men. At my town job, I carry a 40lb hazmat bag and respirator on inspections. At home on the family ranch I am expected to move hay bales around like one of the guys... no wimpy out.

It is funny though the guys cannot say hysterectomy. The ones at the office say I was gone due to women parts removed. The guys at home they say I was snorfleed.

I would like to see how just one of guys would recover after having their... lets say (just for example) their prostate removed. We are the stronger ones.

Hope you get to take another week off and hope all our swelly bellies go down.
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:26 AM

okay I typed snorfleed but it came out as snorfled, sorry. Don't understand why that happend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register