Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Muon, sorry about your husband's back, but I don't think even THAT will stop them!!!
I go back to work a week from this Wednesday! Where did the month go?? That's ok, I suppose I'm getting a little bored. Just a little, though!! I can ALWAYS find stuff to do. I don't see my doc till the Tuesday after I go back to work, so we're going to have to wait till then for the "all clear"! I am, sort of, anxious to start VACUUMING again!! How many times do I have to say, "gee, the house really needs vacuuming AGAIN"!! Or, "You know, I don't just vacuum when company's coming!!" What I should do is just come out and say, "hey, you, the one just sitting there, get off your butt and vacuum!"!!!!

Oh well!
Feel good everyone! This too shall pass, as they say!!
Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 03:41 PM

Hi GEMBC69,

Thanks for your insight. Wow, you definitely will need to take it easy with the sound of your job. I had a LAH (is that right?). They cut my abdomen and I have my cervix and ovaries left. I've definitely been laying low for the last couple days. Glad to hear you will have some time to continue to rest and heal.
Take care and all the best!
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:57 PM

My six week appt. was supposed to be today, 40 minutes before I was to be there the office called and said the Dr. was called to the hospital to deliver a baby. They couldn't get me in until next week. I'm really bummed. My husband even more bummed. I'm a student, so I don't have to be back to school until mid August, I was just looking forward to doing everything again. Oh well, in the scheme of things, a week isn't that bad...I guess....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 10:07 PM
another question

This is my first time posting but i had to reply to this topic. My name is tracie and i'm in Richmond,Va. I just turned 40 and had a total abdominal hysterectomy,along w/removal of both ovaries due to endometriosis along w/a large amount of scar tissue over the pelvic bone due to 2 c-sections. I'm 5 weeks post-op today. I to have had a problem w/subcutaneous fluid.

My first problem started at the time of surgery. everything was going well until it was time to close up and after removal of the scar tissue i didnt have enough good muscle left on the right side to completely close the deep muscle layers. That left me a 50-50 chance of developing a hernia at the incision site on my right side. after discussing this w/the general surgeon the reason they didnt insert a hernia patch was the risk associated w/the type on hand was to great for me not to be aware of the risk.

a 2hr surgery ended up lasting over 4 1/2hrs. After they removed my catheter the next day i stood up to go to the bathroom and had a rush of watery bloody fluid down my leg. I realized it wasnt coming from my vagina but out of the incision. Called in the nurse (who had just graduated nursing school in dec) she informed my that after major abdominal surgery some vaginal bleeding was to be expected. I went off and informed her it wasnt coming from my crotch but my incision. Dr didnt seem to be overly concerned.

My first week home was very rough bad reaction to pain meds lots of pain. Week 2 seemed to be alot better and i felt i was at least able to tend to my most basic needs and rejoin my family for at least short periods of time. Well a friend from work was over and we were all chatting one of my dogs (7lbs) was sitting in my lap and when he jumped down i had a wet spot on my shorts. I came upstairs to change clothes and thats when i realized i was in trouble. by the time i got to my room i had fluid running everywhere. I soaked 3 abdominal bandages,3 kotex maxi pads,3 bathtowels,2 pair of undies and my bedsheets. called Dr went in and she said normal reaction .

My next dr's appt was july 6th. I had planned on driving myself since Dr had said if i felt i could slam on brakes in emergency and was off pain meds i could drive. straight shot down interstate to dr's office. Well hubby didnt like the way my belly was looking. IT WAS HUGE. almost like being prego. So he decided to take me to the appt he had a few questions he wanted answered.

I'm a dog groomer and work at a vets office and i told Dr that if i had been a dog they would have put a drain tube in.
She took one look at the swelling and said not good. Everything had healed but one small section that kept weeping fluid. She used a q-tip applicator and popped the incision open and started draining fluid and then decided to send me for a ct scan. (to see where fluid was coming from and to check for possible hernia) even w/abdominal pad i was leaking all over my clothes. did scan returned to Dr office where she poked w/some more and then reopened part of the incision. She drained off 3 chucks pads full of fluid.My belly literally deflated by half.I had begun to heal around the fluid pocket wich created a tunneling effect. Treatment consisted of packing the tunnel w/ gauze stripping 2x dly. hubby had to play nurse over the weekend until wound care could come in once a day. We are still packing the incision site 2x dly but the problem is the wound opening is only the size of the wooden end of the q-tip applicator. Things are healing inside right now the tunnel is about 6cm across 3cm wide and kind of deep. This will be going on for awhile.

This past weekend i developed a sharp burning pain on my right side. seemed muscular in nature. managed pain w/motrin. And put myself back on bed rest. I have been very tired today. will be seeing my Dr again tomorrow.

Thursday was suppose to be the day we would see how things were progressing and discuss my possible return to work on aug 13. 8wks post surgery. so we will see how things go.

all i know is i'm ready to be up and around i've spent 4 weeks pretty much restricted to bed rest. I did manage a trip to the movies (i'm a harry potter fan) and 1 day out at Dr's and visit w/my mother in law.

sorry to be so long winded but this fluid thread just grabbed me and i had to tell my story

Tracie
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Courage beyond beilef for Tracie

Good grief! Tracie you have such courage! What a nightmare to say the least. I would have been a basket case with the ordeal that you have been through.... and 4 weeks in bed! I hope you are surrounded by loving hands and hearts of family and lots of girlfriends, not to mention your husband! Sounds as though you finally received the attention and care that your situation required, and that you knew your body well and kept advocating for yourself. This is truly a lesson for all of us. Please keep us posted of your ongoing care and recovery. Take good care and continue healing.

55 yrs. TAH, BSO, cervix removed, back on climara patch
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Tracie, I am sorry to hear you have had such a rough go of things. I hope that your recovery continues to get better and smoother for you.
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:39 AM
oh my

Tracie can you go to another doctor to have him look at you; or do you have a friend that is a surgical nurse that can look at you. This doesn't seem right.

Hope you get better soon, hugs.
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM

Loveisanwer,
Thanks for the encouragement.. yes I have lost a total of 20 lbs and I feel great I am very athletic built and for the past 6 years its been horrible for me but my muscles are good and the toning is coming allong great.. My Doc walked in and saw me and said Hi skinny .. for the first time I had some one notice I am feeling soo much better about my looks now it was misserable before.. I can see my self dropping another 20 lbs no problem.. I want my body back LOL.. its been all these years of pain and water gain that have made me so miserable. I went to see the Doc yesterday and with the pain that I am feeling now ( they are really sharp) is the muscles that have been sewn up.. they are stiff and when I do my walking and any type of moving it loosens them up.. and then they want to contract again.. so that is a good thing that I am doing what I am suppposed to do.. with my sleep my Dr gave me some ambian ,and I took one last night and I felt sooo good today.. so I will relax out side and enjoy the sunshine.. hey at least I can get a tan through the recovery LOL.. Any how keep me posted on how things are going with you.. I still have some swelling and that is normal so just to give you heads up you might be the same.. and I am going to take it sooooo easy now... please dont over do it and take good care of your self

Happy Healing and good health to you

Georgiana GEMBC69
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:55 AM

I went in for my six week check up Monday. Doctor says I am doing great. But he did not do an internal exam. I haven't had one yet.

Is this common for a LSH? I am not really concerned because I am feeling better just thought it was odd.
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Tracie,
Bless Your heart I am so sorry about how things have been going for you.. and I am so glad that you seeked the Doc help your husbands concern was great.. I really hope that you are on your way to a good recovery now .. I did not go through anyt of that but I can only imagine and I do know some of the Pain..
Take good care of yourself and do what you have to do to heal well

GEMBC69

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register