Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Craftynsassy,
That is great how you feel I go back on the 10th of August so I will see then.. I am so glad you feel good
Thank you for sharing its encouraging to me

GEMBC69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 07:21 PM
The Gift

This is the best "gift" I have ever done for myself. My doctor told me at my 6wk check that I can now start a whole new chapter of my life. It is amazing not having to plan my scedule around my periods. My husband and I like to go camping and so many times I was dealing with cramps or other related issues. We went camping two weeks ago and I really felt GREAT . It's a wonderful feeling. I started working fulltime last week and everything is going pretty good. Some days I'm tired and a little achy but other than that I am doing really well and I hope that eveyone else is too.
Unread 07-30-2007, 07:34 PM

I will be seeing my surgeon next week and then return to work - so far have been doing good - careful with my diet as I don't want my GAS problem to recur. I am still careful going up and down the stairs too. I haven't lifted any heavy things yet - anyone tried? My mother has Alzheimer's and I haven't lifted her up and down since my surgery and I am not going to until I talk to the surgeon - maybe I won't be able to do any of this for a while. My DH has been very considerate and helped my mom all these times.

I am enjoying my week off before returning to work next week so my DH and I have been travelling - no worries about heavy periods etc. Walked quite a bit today and didn't feel any pain - probably will have a good night sleep tonight.

I loves golfing but haven't done it as it involves twisting and turning.

Take care all and still be very careful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Hi ladies!
I was feeling pretty good this weekend and participated in some normal life activities and totally suffered. Today my right ovary is going crazy. Very painful. I had my post op last Wednesday and was cleared to do all activity, but I'm still feeling tender and without much energy.
Craftnsassy, I understand the desire to work out. I lost 12 pounds after the surgery and have put it all back on. Yikes! I want to go to the gym, but I don't want to keep overdoing it.
Anyway, I'm glad to hear those who are back to work and feeling good!
Blessings.

Had a SAH. Kept ovaries and cervix.
Unread 07-31-2007, 12:24 AM

Glad to hear everyone is recovery so well. After my bout w/the fluid problem i think i'm on the mend. yesterday was my 6wk mark and while i havent had an internal exam i've been cleared for me & hubby time. (well like i said fell off that wagon at 5wks) while we have been very careful and taking it slow its not as uncomfortable as it was at first. I still have to pack the incision site 2x dly and will continue to for at least the next week and a half. my next Dr's appt is aug 7th and will be hoping to be cleared for light duty at work. although as a dog groomer that is almost an impossibility. so plan on going easy and building back up to my full load of dogs. Dr said even after 8wks she doesnt want me doing any bending,lifting or twisting.

Sunday hubby and i decided to take a car ride and went down along the chesapeak bay didnt get to dip my toes in the sand or water but the ride was nice and i was exhausted when i got home. realized i'm not as healed as i would like to think as my tummy was a little achy after riding some bumpy back roads and speed bumps. guess that will improve over time.
last tuesday was a rough day. just feeling sorry for myself. just sick and tired of being sick and tired LOL. but got over that and just taking it one day at a time
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:53 AM

Gromink9's,
Great to read that you are feeling much better I can definately relate about having a rough day feeling sory and Just sick of being sick.. My Dr also said that even at 8 weeks I am to take it really slow.. Hey do you live in Chesapeak area?? I live In Hampton..
Well I go back to work on the 10 of August I am going stirr crazy If I could I would be going full out.. but of course we cannot do that and just trying to do some stretching and leg lifts I nearly killed myself.. so its pathetic but eventually I will get there.. I am still dropping the size so that is great just I wish it would fall off faster.. LOL
Oh and thanks for reminding me I have two little dogs a Jack Russell and Min Pin they need grooming LOL ..

Take care Healing and keep in touch

GEMBC69
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:26 AM

I'm so glad to hear of everyone's continued positive recovery. I will be at 7 weeks on Friday and am going to a big family reunion in Reno, NV! It will be my first major long drive since my surgery. I'm feeling just great and reiterate how positive and smooth my recovery has been. Thank you for everyone's encouraging stories, support and humor. I feel my energy and stamina have returned and even stayed up until 12:00 last night preparing a few days meals so that was an encouraging sign that I have returned to some state of normalcy. My DH has been the very best. I return to work August 23rd and feel the summer was the best time to have this procedure done be/c I had so much time to rest and not worry about work. I should have had it done 2 years ago. Once I return back to school at the end of the month it will be a marathon until the school year ends. I was just wondering if any of you who have had you 8 week chedk ups have any advice with regards to questions for the Dr. ?? I was wondering if we're more at risk for a prolapsed bladder in the future, and when would be our next check after 8 weeks. Any suggestions would be helpful.

TAB, BSO, cervix removed, age 55, back on climara patch
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:46 AM

Gem,

I live in Richmond, no more than 2hrs from the hampton roads area. we had actually considered riding into Va beach for our day trip just figured that would have involved alot more physical requirements on my end LOL. please feel free to email me at my private address [email protected]
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:12 AM

Good morning Ladies:

Well, I just got back from my one and only post-op check up and everything has healed well and I have an all clear to do whatever I feel. He placed no restrictions on my activities.... That is a good thing as I am anxious to get back to working out. I am going for my first Curves workout later today.
My DH will be very happy too. We have been good and waited until it was given a clear. lol....
Tomorrow is back to work for me, so today I will use wisely. The last day of freedom... I am going to miss it.
I am going to go for a walk with my DDs. I have 2 age 18 and 16. Then we are going for lunch and to the mall for a bit.
I have gone through all my clothes and my closet is almost organized. That will take a bit more time and I am going to finish that today too. I have packed and got rid of lots of stuff and the space feels and looks great!
I haven't looked at my work clothes yet and I guess I will have to deal with that aspect of life again... :confuse:
Glad to hear that everyone is moving on back into living life again along with the reminantes of recovery. It is wonderful to feel alive again. I am amazed daily to be pain free other than a few little pangs. lol... God is good and we are blessed!

Have a wonderful day ladies and be good to yourselves!
Teena
Unread 07-31-2007, 12:00 PM

groomink9's I sent you an email great to read from you talk with you soon and hope that you are having a happy healing day

GEMBC69

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register