Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

Unread 06-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 11-Jun 18,2007

After reading everyone else's posts, I have a question. Once you have a BM do you now have to regulate stool softeners/juices etc. to achieve the right balance for a "perfect BM"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Loose Bowel Movements

Good question. I've continued to have loose bowel movements and wonder how long it will last.
Unread 06-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Cancer Free

Went in to have my staples removed this afternoon. Some of the staples had become embedded, that was what was causing my earlier unexplained pain. They had to be "dug" out of the incision line which nearly brought me up off of the table. But the difference in how I feel now is incredible. I feel almost human again.
We received the pathology report today. It seems the cancer was more advanced than first thought but luckily had not penetrated the walls of my cervix. Doc says I am 100% cancer free. I was over-whelmed by emotion when he told us, I cried and laughed and cried again... my poor DH is exhausted. LOL I still have a long road to recovery ahead of me but somehow it doesn't seem so bad anymore. May God bless the rest of my sisters with good news and speedy recoveries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 04:09 PM

I kind of feel like "Pooh Bear" when he says,"There's a rumbly in my tumbly!" I can't always tell if it is gas or a warning sign of a BM. I will continue to take the prune juice, with increased fiber and water for now until I figure it out, I guess. I feel so wiped out(and gurgly) today from my trips to the bathroom. I certainly hope this doesn't continue. Well, it back to bed for me .
I would love to know how to recognize the difference between gas and the Bm feeling?!!??
Unread 06-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Hi Everyone,
Well I am home and feel very tired. I had a TAH Dr took tubes, some cervix and uterus. My bladder was attached to the uterus and cervix. Which gave DR some trouble. I have a bit of pain on left side, I am on motrin for pain and I am still going to take stool softeners I have had 2 bm. I also felt like pooh bear. I was sigining the song with my sister. I came home about 10 am this morning. I met Karen in the castle and she is very nice. I can't wait to feel better so we can go out and celebrate. Talk to all of you later.
Unread 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be on the other side. My TAH with BSO was on Thursday, I came home yesterday. I too am having gas pains but I'm also walking frequently and taking Gasx. It has helped a little. Couldn't figure out why I was so itchy, maybe it was the percocet. Don't know. I had Dilaudid after my surgery as the morphine wasn't working for me. The Hospital staff was awesome!! It's just healing and resting now and of course getting caught up on my hystersisters! Good luck to all in your recovery!!! HUGS
Unread 06-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Hi Everyone
I had my surgery on Thursday the 12th at 1:15 and was home yesterday, Sunday, am. My surgery was a vaginal hyster and an anterior repair on my bladder. I am doing really well-I can't believe it! I was so scared right before the surgery that I considered not having it done but decided to go through with it. My doc and the nurses were great. I would agree with the princesses that say the gas was the worse, awful!! I walked a lot and they finally gave me some Oval for the gas which helped a bit but the best thing was the enema they gave me Sun am. (the nurse promised me she would be my best friend after!) I think the thing that will be the hardest for me is realizing that I have to take it easy because I feel so good.
Thanks for all of the support that hystersysters gave before surgery.
Curly
Unread 06-18-2007, 07:29 PM

Hello! Made it home on 6-15, TAH on 6-13. My Dr was expecting me to be in for 3 days, but doing well so she let me out! My surgery was orig planned as a TVH, but 2 days before, changed to TAH. I was having pain on my left side (steadily for about 5 days)..and off and on for the past 4.5 yrs., so my smart doc decided better safe than sorry. My surgery went well. She did't find a thing on the left, a bleeding cyst on the right, and my big uterus was attached to the front of my abdominal wall by scar tissue.

My surgery only took about 1 hr. It was at 9:30. Don't remember a thing until noon in my room...Had lots of pain! I had a PCA pump, but no relief when i pushed it. The nurse kept asking and I kept saying it was a 7...finally around 2:30 they upped the dose...Ahhhh...relief finally! Was sick the next morning...after that, feeling good. Foley, IV out and walking around. Even got a shower the next morning.
Only on Percocet and 800 Motrin from then on. The gas pains were bad from Fri morning til home and took some Gasx. They gave me a stool softener 2x a day in the castle. Continued that and finally had the blessed BM today...I went in this a.m. for my staple removal...not too bad.

Already bored! Tired and drowsy during the day but cannot nap! I am sleeping well at night. Trying to get off the Percocet for my poor bowels, but tummy a bit sore today with just Motrin. I have the dreaded swelly belly. Not really bad, but makes it a tad more uncomfortable to sleep. Well, this chair is not the most comfy in the house, so best wishes to all, talk to you soon!
Unread 06-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Hi,

I had LAVH and bladder sling on Tues 06/12. Surgery took 4 hours, but it was because two different Dr's and two different procedures. I also bled a bit more than expected. I had a hard time getting pain under control initially, but once they got it under control I did well, with the exception of one bout of nausea that got me some Zofran and then Phenergan.

I was in the castle for three days due to some bladder issues. Other than a stitch that has really been bothering me from the bladder sling (which was fixed today) I am doing GREAT! I am no longer on any pain meds, and don't need them. Actually I feel so good, I have to be reminded I had surgery six days ago and need to rest and take it easy. I am still having insomnia issues from my 4:00am vital checks, but really I'm doing fabulous.

Good luck to everyone as they recover and for anyone reading this that hasn't had surgery, if you are a candidate for LAVH I completely endorse that option.
Unread 06-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Glad it is over

I had a LVAH on Wednesday and was home Thursday evening. I am feeling pretty good, but do roll with the bouts of tiredness. When I am tired I lay down. I am feeling better than I thought and have stopped taking the T3s. I am now just on Diclofenac sodium for inflamation and pain. Seems to be enough. Have been walking a fair amount, but no house work or chores. lol... Hope you all recover well and take care of yourselves. Look forward to reading your recovery stories.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register