CHRONIC back pain, to hyst or not to hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CHRONIC back pain, to hyst or not to hyst CHRONIC back pain, to hyst or not to hyst

Unread 06-25-2001, 06:15 PM
CHRONIC back pain, to hyst or not to hyst

NOt to get repetitive, but am wanting info on chronic back pain sufferers and a connectionwith uterine issues. I am doing mass reseach, and finding such a big connection. I have a large folder now of women with back pain who have had great reduction in pain after a hyst. Or none at all. If you have any info to add please do so, I am considering a hyst basically for back pain more than my uterine problems. Boy I hope, afterall the research and followups, that I am making the right decison. None of the tests I have done show any problems in spine, etc. MRI clean. I have always felt they sorta...follow hormones. I am finding it is not as ....weird...as I thot. Any info ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2001, 08:23 PM
Robyn...

If you have a tipped uterus and it swells for any reason, then you will experience back pain.

I had a backache for over a year. I thought my age and job were just catching up with me. I never connected my backache to my constant long, heavy periods. It wasn`t until I began passing huge clots and having much flooding that I complained to my Dr. about a period that started one March and never stopped.

All my tests showed negative for any conditions. Ultrasound, blood work, several uterine biopsies...all negative. My Dr was thinking I had torn the uterine wall or perhaps it was ulcerated due to the clots. My symptoms, however, were consistant with menopause as well.

I had a D and C. It showed uterine cancer and the rest is history, as they say. The cancer had swollen my tipped uterus and it was pressing on a back nerve. One of the first things I commented on after surgery was that my backache was gone.

I never mentioned my backache to my Dr. before surgery as I did not realize the connection. After surgery when I mentioned it was gone she told me I should have told her earlier. Backaches are often a symptom of uterine swelling due to many conditions.

So please pass the word! Tell your Dr. about persistant backaches, especially ones that never seem to be relieved.

Thanks for your research. I hope your condition can be corrected by other means, but do tell your Dr. about back pain.

Wishing you a speedy resolution!

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register