Crying at commercials, etc. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying at commercials, etc. Crying at commercials, etc.

Unread 06-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Crying at commercials, etc.

Hi everyone -

I'm glad I found this section of the boards. I'm sure that like most people, I have days where I feel like I've accepted what had to happen, but other days I find myself totally disintegrating watching a Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo commercial. I had a TVH 4 weeks ago due to uterine prolapse, fibroids and severe pelvic pain. I have one son who is 8 1/2.
I've just started to feel better physically, which is great. I've been in so much pain for so long its amazing just to leave the house to go somewhere other than the hospital.

I think what bothers me the most is when people say that I already have a son, so why am I so upset? Well, because I would have loved to have been able to have more children. Yes, I am blessed with my son. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't feel sad because I can't ever have another. The only thing that really helps is that the doctors told me that I had most likely become infertile due to chemotherapy that I had in 2001 for Hodgkin's Disease. Most likely is a far cry from the finality of a hysterectomy.

This is so hard. I'm glad I can write about my feelings here.

Thank you for listening.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2007, 07:43 AM

Amy,
Welcome
I guess I wouldn't listen to those other people. Feelings get hurt very easily. I have 1 son and he is 15 right after I had his I had my tubes tied because I thought at the time having kids after 30 I would be to old by the time they were 18. So my dh & I decided no more children and alot of people told me that I was to young to do that. Yes I agree with you I am blesses with him. Sometime I regret it for not having more and ds tells me all the time he wishes he had a sibling ( make me very sad)
But the choices we make in our lives are meant for a reason and I know easier said than done "Try to ignore the negitivity that people say to you".
Yes this is a GREAT site and you can always rely on the sistes for support
Take care keep us posted
Hugs Lori
Unread 06-17-2007, 07:20 PM

Amy,

I know exactly how you feel. My co-worker (who happens to be pregnant) keeps offering to me "you can babysit anytime you want" as if that makes me feel better!!! that actually makes me feel worse, I feel like she is throwing it in my face... that she can have one and I can't. Granted I have two great boys, but just like you, that doesn't mean I didn't want more!

As far as the Hodgkin's Disease, my mom had that while she was pregnant with me! She did become infertile due to the chemo... so your doc is probably right. She waited to start her chemo until I was big enough to be born... it's amazing the sacrifices we (women) make for our children.

I know exactly how you feel... I also understand how much you cherish the child you DO have.... I hope the emptiness we feel will fade over time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2007, 08:23 AM

Hello Amy

I have never been married and I have no children. After I got to know this forum, I noticed that it does not matter whether you have children or you don't, or you wanted children or you didn't want to have children....hysterectomy is a horrible op for women to go through. I feel for you, Amy, and I can see that it is as tough for you as it is for me. Though you have a son and I don't.

I wish people around you wouldn't have to say stuff like "Oh you have a son. Don't be so upset." You have all the rights to get upset!

Hugs,
Hanna
Unread 06-18-2007, 09:00 PM

Dear Amy,
Just sitting here reading your post knowing what you mean about the commercials. Just give yourself the time you need as it's so very early in your recovery. I'm so glad you found this site, you'll find so many wonderful and supportive sisters here. Sending hugs.
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:41 PM

Amy I know how you feel to an extent. I don't have children, yet I have been through the same issues of loss and seeing commercials with kids in them and crying my eyes out.

It is not about what one has it is about the body, mind and spirit that is experiencing loss and grief. Loosing the ability to procreate (where you want to or not) is a serious blow to the physical body and hormone levels.

Folks think they are being caring, yet they make you feel worse when they say things that really are insensative. They don't have a clue unless they have been through something similar.

It will get better over time and with the help of supportive people in your life. I found help through my church and spiritual practices that really deal with loss and recouping in a healthy manner. Everyone has to find their own way to heal and what works for me may not work for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register