Navel Pain - 8 weeks post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Navel Pain - 8 weeks post-op Navel Pain - 8 weeks post-op

Unread 06-23-2007, 06:26 AM
naval pain

I hope you don't damage your stomach. That's all you need, more problems. My doctor pushed on me around the sore area and made the pain worse. He said come back in two months, I might have to do some repair work. So for two months I have to live with this pain. The sad thing is, he is the Director of Oncology. I hope he never has such pain and a doctor tells him he has to live with it.
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Navel Pain - 8 weeks post-op

I have no choice except to take the pain killers. I went back to work fulltime last week. I wasn't tired just edgy with pain. On Saturday, I just curled up on the sofa in pain even after taking my pain pills. I forced myself to go out on Sunday, that wasn't pleasant. I have a bunch of appointments lined up in the next couple of weeks of alternative gyn/oncs and see if I can find another gyn/onc because there is a high probability I will not be going to the 3 month follow-up appt. My reg gyn is upset that I want to change gyn/onc and am looking for it on my own. It will be difficult since doctors don't want to take over other doctor's cases but I'm willing to take the chance. My friends think I'm crazy to take chances, I didn't want the surgery even with the 30% chance of cancer but I was told it was the only way to stop the bleeding. The non-stop bleeding was very inconvenient, now I have non-stop pain. I think I should have stuck with the bleeding.
Unread 06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Naval pain

Hi,

I just came back from my PRIMARY Physician and she examined me and has been through a similar experience. She gave me precriptions for a Lidoderm Lidocaine Patch for my naval area and Lyrica which helps with nerve pain. I will try these for a few days and see if it helps. She told me to let her know. She really is a caring physician. Believe it or not she will make house calls to her patients who are too ill to get to her office. I am praying this helps.

Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Hi,

Glad you are finally getting some relief. My naval area is not so sore now unless I start doing things, like walking then it starts hurting. Saw the first gyn/onc on my list, suggests an mri, tired of being a pincushion so thats on the later list. It could also be adhesions, that was not even mentioned by the gyn/onc who did the surgery. No way to see if it adhesions with mri or ct scan, surgery is the only way, I said "no way". Suggested trying to exercise to see if can stretch it. Already started exercising or more like cursing in pain.

Got a lecture on regular follow-up and radiation therapy. Nixed the radiation and regular gyn is willing to do 6 month follow-ups vs every 3 months. I can live with every 6 months, would drive me crazy to go to the dr every 3 months.

Zippee
Uterine Cancer Stage 1 1b
Unread 07-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Naval Pain

My GP Doctor said that she thought that some of the inside stiches that were supposed to disolve, didn't. I have to go back to my surgeon August 17th and when I last saw him he said he probably would have to do some repair work. More surgery! I still am having pain but not quite as bad as it was thanks to my GP. I feel like my naval is a tight rubber band and when I stretch, it feels like it is going to snap.

I hope you feel great soon!!!!!!

Sandy
Unread 07-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Naval pain

Thanks so much for all the information you have put on here. I had a TAH on 5/1 and am still having trouble even touching under my belly button and straight down to my incision. My incision is completely healed and doesn't hurt, just the swelly part and the line between my belly button and incision. I havent' gone to the dr because when I saw him 2 weeks ago, he assured me everything was healing normally. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this. I couldn't figure out why that would hurt when I wasnt' cut by my belly button!
Unread 07-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Naval Pain

Dear Rdsposito,

I would give my doctor a call and ask if what you are experiencing is normal. When I called my doctors office I was told, by my doctors nurse, it was not normal for the pain I had. My doctor told me to come back in two months if I still had pain. I have to go again August 17th.
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:59 PM

You have really helped me. I thought I was the only wierd one with lots of pain at 8-weeks, no energy, and nauseated most days. I seem to be going backwards so did make a dr's appt for next week. I feel worse that two weeks ago.

Mary1 (age 68)
5/7/07
Unread 07-04-2007, 03:20 PM

I am on my third round of antibiotics. The GYNO sent me back to the Primary Care Dr. She says it is a vaginal bacterial infection, prob picked up at the Hospital. Feels just like a UTI. Hopefully this will work. I also had the belly button pain, and the advil tylenol coctail did the trick for me. Advil PM at night is a godsend as I am a tummy sleeper. :bedjump:
My surgery was 4-23-07 TAH/cervix,ovary,tubes,grapefruit sized tumor out,bellybutton to "there" incision.
Make sure that you get those medical records!
Getting better every day!
Unread 07-04-2007, 08:52 PM

I have this stabbing pulling pain at my navel , My dr said it is nerve pain. Glad to know im not the only one with navel pain.
hugs
Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register