Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 06-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Home From The Hospitol

How Long Do You Have To Wait Before Taking A Bath?
Unread 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
had surgery

I had my LAVH on Tuesday, June 19 and was released on the June 20 I was a little nausea but after about 5X trying to throw up, I felt better. I did my breathing exercises like crazy! This was the first time that I have ever had a good hospital experience!! I had everthing removed and now have a patch on and it is not bothering me. I don't know how I will feel in another couple of days but even tho I feel good, I know to take it easy. I have books, dvds and player, all by my bed to help me survive any pain that comes my way. Oh, and while I was in the hospital the morning of my release, DH was able to go out of town and close on some land we have been wanting. I can't wait to go see it now that it is ours!!
Good luck to all,
cj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

I have been home from the hospitol for a day and a half and I have been running a temp of 99.8 Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
Unread 06-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Hi all, I've been home since yesterday mid-day. I had a LAVH and had tubes, cervix, and uterus removed. I had so much endo that my fisher clips they used to tie my tubes 4 years ago had fused to both my abdomin wall and my uterus. The right side of my abdomin wall was scraped to remove the endo and free up the clips for removal. I have a nice bruise from the scraping that is about 5 inches wide and goes from bellybutton to hip. I am pretty sore and tired, but today is definately better.

I had my first BM yesterday, and that was a douzy! I had another this morning so I am glad I've managed to fight off the constipation so far. I started in on Phillips stool softeners as soon as I was released yesterday, combined with Gas-X and I do think that has helped. I am still taking pain meds today, but I am sort of wimpy when it comes to pain so I imagine I will for a few more days.

As for a temperature, I was told there was nothing to be concerned with until it was over 101. But you may call your doctor just to be sure.

I am feeling pretty good (medicated) right now. But I know when I woke up this morning (4 am) I was hurting pretty good and very crampy. Thank god for gas-x...it is a miracle worker!

to all those yet to post! I hope you all are hanging in there and resting well. I am going to take my butt back to bed now!
Unread 06-21-2007, 01:24 PM

I wasn't sure what kind of pain to expect after surgery. Now I know!! Feels like I got beat up while I was a sleep! I have had a BM yet, still working on it. As far as the gas goes, my DH is at the store right now getting Gas X but I have been releasing it pretty easily (a great payback for the husbands that like to play "pull my finger"!!!) Peeing is driving me crazy. Only a little bit at a time. I stay in the bathroom for a long time just peeing.
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:56 PM

boy i hear ya on the peeing thing. it takes me forever to pee. what is up with that. i havent had a bm yet either. wish i could i would probably feel better. it does feel like someone beat you up. those were my exact words. take care and hope you get better soon.
Paula
Unread 06-21-2007, 05:00 PM

Had my Vaginal Hyst. and bladder suspention on Tuesday (19th) just got released today at 3 central time. It went better than I expected. Still in alot of pain, gas and cramps. Had my first BM this morning and WOW did it hurt. Hopefully now I'll be on the road to feeling better soon. Just got to remember to take it slow and easy. Oh and continue to walk, walk, walk.

Hope everyone else feels better soon!!
Unread 06-21-2007, 05:43 PM

Had my TVH/BSO and TVT Sling on Tuesday 19th - had a spinal/epidural combo, and being a typical redhead, I didn't handle the anesthesia well and gave my co-workers in the OR/PACU a run for their money apparently, but they still love me, and I'm through the worst of it so far LOL.. stayed just one night in the castle - home on some pain meds since early afternoon yesterday - and doing ok - just really tired, and trying to make family understand that I can't do what I did before Surgery - at least not for a little while -
Unread 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
question about bleeding

I had a laporscopic supracervical hysterectomy on June 18 and am home now. I have been resting and no lifting or driving but today my incesions are bleeding on and off all day. my motherin law says i should call my dr any suggestions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register