Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Desiree,
God bless you and your family at this difficult time. Your Grandma knows you are with her in spirit and she loves you and she knows you love her. Take care of yourself, get better and then you can be with your family. God Bless you Desiree.
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 04:53 PM

Desiree,

So glad to see you up and around!!! Sorry to hear of your loss - my prayers are with you and your family.
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:50 PM

Hugs Desiree....you must be going through a lot emotionally. Just get better, and take your time at it. Don't rush pampering!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2007, 06:50 PM

My sincerest sympathy to you and your family at this time Desiree. If it doesn't rain, it pours.

Take care of yourself and know that your family will feel better knowing you are.

It's amazing what a difference a week makes isn't it. Keep remembering that - it does improve. I'm 5 wks tomorrow and am seeing and feeling improvement - I'm driving a bit and doing a little more around here - not much - but then again I don't want to do the repairs again so I'm not rushing things.

One day at a time and listen to your body....hugs to you!
Unread 06-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Hello everyone. I feel guilty about posting. I had a LSH on 6/20/07. My uterus (size of cantalope from fibroids) and right ovary were removed. I have been battling the fibroids for a few years. Last year I had two UAEs performed. They shrunk the fibroids for a while, but the fibroids started growing again in January. I finally decided I had no choice but to have surgery.

If I had known the surgery would go so well I would have never had the UAEs. Surgery was at 7:30 AM and I went home the same evening at 6:00 PM. My pain level has been very tolerable with Motrin. The UAE's were much more painful than this procedure. I saw the doctor today and she said the incisions are looking really good.

I am actually having a hard time allowing myself to rest. I know I need to because there was a lot of work done on the inside. But, my abdomen looks great (much smaller than it has been in two+ years) and my discomfort is minimal.

My thoughts are with those of you who have had a difficult time.

For those that are considering UAE, I would never recommend it.

Cindy
Unread 06-28-2007, 07:58 PM

Desiree -- I am praying for you and your family!!

Today .... my tummy still itches!!!! And I still haven't had a BM but gas is still coming out. Is this good, bad, or .... ? Is this normal? Today is day 6.

Also, the hospital found some of my missing labs. My urine test to be exact. I have a bladder infection. Oh joy!! So thats why its hurting!!!! My primary is mad again as they sent her the info or maybe she is just still mad. She called in an RX for me and I have to go see her the day before I see my ssurgeon again.
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM

WOW, I know the problem with the BM's. I was scared to death to go!!!!. I didn't have abdominal like you (which I hear is more painful), but did have anterior and posterior repair inside the vagina for bladder and bowel prolapse. This has been the most painful part of the surgery!!! I had the "urge" finally after 5 days and kept sitting there with no results. I finally had to ask my husband to go get me an enema. It worked, but I think I waited too long as it was very painful. Please don't wait too long. I hope this finds you feeling well
Lorie
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:38 PM

Hi.

As for the nausea, are you on pain meds? I had to go off them and stick to just Tylenol. My first BM didn't happen for 5 days. I think we are very nervous with all of the action we just had down there!! I finally had to get an enema. I kept having the urge to go and as the dr says, don't bear down. Easy for them to say, huh? Anyway, don't wait too long. The enema worked great. My bp was also low, I think from lack of activity. It's hard to lay in the same spot, but even harder to turn over and get up, huh?
I will be thinking of you as you recover and await your results.
Lorie
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:17 PM

I am 6 days out. I have had the urge but nothing. WARNING! Stop reading now as I am about to give On day 4 -- I got the first urge but it was mainly gas. There was about a 3 peas of bm that came with it but since then nothing. Just gas. Should I call my dr?? tomorrow will be a week from surgery. Should I have gone by then??

I am on laxatives, eating lots of applesauce and other things high in fiber as I feel up to eating. Should I try the enema?

I'll also ask this on another thread for more responses.
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Surgery 6/20--updates

Had my tubes, uterus and ovaries removed on 6/20 and went home on 6/23. The first couple of days seemed easier than now. I have had two BMs since I have been home and wish I never had to have another one. Peeing has been an issue only because it seems like I have to go more often...I cant hold it without it hurting and then when I go it hurts on my right side...but that is getting better. Sleeping on the other hand has been almost impossible. I am in constant pain either on my lower left front side or my upper left back area. I am never comfortable no matter what position I am in unless I am standing up. I have not been able to really cough and have only sneezed once.
Today I have notice some crampy like pinges between my legs, on my upper thighs, almost like I just rode a bike for 18 hours. Not sure what that pain is from. My incision looks awesome. It still numb above and swollen bad. I started noticing some additional swelling appearing below the incision today that almost looks like I was bit by something because there are patches of puffiness.
Other than that I feel great...LOL. Most of my dear friends, who have been through their own experiences, say that I am doing great...too bad I dont feel that way. But it is still early in the game...I just wish I could sleep for more than an hour at a time.
HUGS TO ALL!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register