Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 06-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Desiree,
I want you to hold on tight because I still have your hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 12:38 AM

Hey we are both in the same boat. I have not been able to go at all. tomorrow is a week, i just took three more laxatives after that it will probably be an enema. this really *****. it has never taken me this long, hope tomorrow i get to have my BM
Unread 06-29-2007, 03:24 AM
12 days

it is 12 days, i too am thinking of you desiree, (prayers to you),,, i am having a 2 a,m bit of panic about my numb area, that touches my vagina goes all up my left thigh to the bottom of my incision, and down my thigh about 3 inches. it is REALLy numb. freaks me out. dr said it was normal, and will take several months to heal. it is the middle of the night, and i am wide awake with my numb area. the rest of mee feels quite good. i eat alot of bran, so lots of bm's, walking alot, help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 03:31 AM
newbie checking in

Hello, all. I am new to this site and have found it very comforting and helpful to read the posts and information. I had a TAH on June 18 and while I am a fairly patient patient I am also a real doer... so it is hard for me to sit around much. Today I learned some serious lessons in that department. My garden is one of my passions, and I have been so appreciative that my mom and some friends have helped to get a few things done in it that I did not have time to do before surgery. So today was a very nice pleasant day, not too hot, and I felt like "sitting" in the garden --- which meant taking a small stool and sitting on it while (mistake) trying to dig out a few little things here and there... weeds and such. First tough lesson of the day. Gardening is OUT for now. Duh.

Apparently I learned afterward that my partner and my doctor had a friendly (non-monetary) bet between them as to when I would not be able to resist going out to the garden... they both lost. Doc said Friday, partner said Saturday. I fooled 'em both, but mostly fooled myself. I have to ask for HELP. Oy. hard for me, especially when it comes to the garden... but I will learn.

Second lesson of the day: A friend who has a beautiful home by a lake called to ask if we would like to come up there this afternoon/evening. I figured, I can sleep/rest at home, or I can sleep/rest there in those beautiful surroundings. The visit was wonderful --- slow, leisurely pontoon boat ride (I slept through half of it, in the shaded part of the boat); nice supper; watching the birds and deer that come through her yard... but the car ride was ****. It was a bit longer than I remembered (of course I was NOT driving!) and at the end of the trip, both going out there and coming home, I was nauseous by the end of the car ride. The normal bumps and jiggles of road travel are apparently not at all normal at 10 days post-op.

Third lesson of the day: don't drink iced tea all day and expect to be able to sleep. This is my first night of insomnia...

So my main concern is: how to avoid "overdoing" while also not sitting around too much. Can I go out to an event --- a local art festival, or a ball game in town --- if we get a wheelchair for me? (too far to walk at this point). Doc actually said yes on the day of my discharge from the hospital... but does it make sense? The mobility factor may be answered with the wheelchair, but sitting up is uncomfortable for long periods of time... still figuring out what to do. Has anyone else gone out, transported by someone else, of course, at 10-11 days post-op?

Laura B --- TAH June 18... used to being very active (earned the nickname "eveready bunny" among friends...)
Unread 06-29-2007, 03:37 AM
more at 12 days

i think that being jostled is abig concern if in crowds, i ahve been out, and even walked areound costco, but i need my husband to open the usually heavy doors to bathrooms, he waits, and i knock to exit. it is quite complicated going out. keep walking,
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:12 AM
to a fellow gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmania
Hello, all. I am new to this site and have found it very comforting and helpful to read the posts and information. I had a TAH on June 18 and while I am a fairly patient patient I am also a real doer... so it is hard for me to sit around much. Today I learned some serious lessons in that department. My garden is one of my passions, and I have been so appreciative that my mom and some friends have helped to get a few things done in it that I did not have time to do before surgery. So today was a very nice pleasant day, not too hot, and I felt like "sitting" in the garden --- which meant taking a small stool and sitting on it while (mistake) trying to dig out a few little things here and there... weeds and such. First tough lesson of the day. Gardening is OUT for now. Duh.

Apparently I learned afterward that my partner and my doctor had a friendly (non-monetary) bet between them as to when I would not be able to resist going out to the garden... they both lost. Doc said Friday, partner said Saturday. I fooled 'em both, but mostly fooled myself. I have to ask for HELP. Oy. hard for me, especially when it comes to the garden... but I will learn.

Second lesson of the day: A friend who has a beautiful home by a lake called to ask if we would like to come up there this afternoon/evening. I figured, I can sleep/rest at home, or I can sleep/rest there in those beautiful surroundings. The visit was wonderful --- slow, leisurely pontoon boat ride (I slept through half of it, in the shaded part of the boat); nice supper; watching the birds and deer that come through her yard... but the car ride was ****. It was a bit longer than I remembered (of course I was NOT driving!) and at the end of the trip, both going out there and coming home, I was nauseous by the end of the car ride. The normal bumps and jiggles of road travel are apparently not at all normal at 10 days post-op.

Third lesson of the day: don't drink iced tea all day and expect to be able to sleep. This is my first night of insomnia...

So my main concern is: how to avoid "overdoing" while also not sitting around too much. Can I go out to an event --- a local art festival, or a ball game in town --- if we get a wheelchair for me? (too far to walk at this point). Doc actually said yes on the day of my discharge from the hospital... but does it make sense? The mobility factor may be answered with the wheelchair, but sitting up is uncomfortable for long periods of time... still figuring out what to do. Has anyone else gone out, transported by someone else, of course, at 10-11 days post-op?

Laura B --- TAH June 18... used to being very active (earned the nickname "eveready bunny" among friends...)

Hi, I am also new to this. I also had my surgery on the 18th and I love gardening. I thought it would be no big deal to weed a little, but after yesterdays reading on this site, I am nervous I may have done something internal...I am not feeling anything but I fear what I can't see or feel since I really don't understand the dynamics of the surgery. I am in good health, 53, walk all the time, have a nursery school so I lift all the times so I know I have good arm muscles and was hoping my arms would "take the weeds out" instead of my stomach. Who knows. I would love to see what went on inside so I could understand better what not to do. I travel next Thurs. the 5th across the country for a family wedding/reunion so that ought to be different. When are you scheduled for a post op checkup?
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:17 AM

I had a TAH with bilateral oophorectomy on 6-18-07. Recovery is going well. It's been a lot harder than I anticipated. My estrogen level was really high before the surgery and I have yet to have any physical menopause symptoms. I have not started hrt as of yet. Should I be concerned about the lack of symptoms? I go back to my surgeon on July 6th and will discuss hormones with him at that time.
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:38 AM

Hi!

Don't worry, not TMI for me. I had the exact same thing happen. Finally the urge was so strong and so was the pain, that's why I opted for the enema. We are not supposed to give out medical advice........ So, I will tell you, it was a godsend for me.

Let me know how you are progressing.

Lorie
Unread 06-29-2007, 11:11 AM

I am scheduled for a post op checkup on Monday, July 2. I am making a list of questions for the doc.
Unread 06-29-2007, 01:25 PM

Good luck to you, and let me know!!
Lorie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register