Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Congratulations on your BM Blue Moon!!! I also know the feeling on the pills. I've had a pharmacy on my side table for the past week. I finally put them all away in the drawer. Haven't taken a vicodin all day, but will probably need one tomorrow. Did a little too much today I think. I still take a stool softener every morning, along with a motrin.
Someone said something about doing too much and not realizing all the work that's been done inside. Even though I only had a TVH (ovaries stayed, tubes, cervix, uterus gone), I'm still not clear on what was done inside. My doc told me they "tied off" eight ligaments/blood sources to my uterus. I don't know if that means stitches or what. Somehow I'm thinking it does.
Spotting daily. Not sure how that is and where the heck it's coming from. DH thinks the cuff probably seeps the blood from the "tie offs" and when I do too much, they bleed more. Makes sense I guess. Anyone else spotting after week 1?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Just had my one week anniversary and spotting seems to be done as of a few days ago. Haven't taken the pain meds since coming home but they were adament that I take the Motrin three times a day until the bottle is done. Doesn't make me sleepy and I have very limited pain twinges so I guess it's doing the trick.

Doc said steri-strips would fall off on their own in a week or so. Must've put them on with super glue because all but one are soundly where she put them. Heck, I still can't get some of the tape off my arm from the dang IV! Staples came out before I left the hospital.

I've had pretty regular BMs since coming home -- I attribute that to my newfound attachment to prune juice (cut it with half water, that stuff is sweet!) and not having to take the narcotic pain meds that seem to really bind you up. For those who don't have that choice I'm sending good vibes. Must be miserable and you have my sympathy.

Drove yesterday for the first time. No twinges but really made me realize how I hadn't concentrated on ANYTHING for this past week. Didn't go far, but was ready to be prone upon my return. Haven't done the gardening, etc. like some of you, but am taking steps easily and walking about 6 blocks each day. Each day seems better and brighter!

Also got my pathology report back today and everything is benign. Nice to have that confirmation!

Hugs to all my new sister pals -- I'm rooting for all of you! So glad to be on the mend at whatever stage, right?
Cat
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:22 PM

Have had some great news! No cancer found in lymph nodes so don't need radiation or chemo. What a big relief. Had the staples out 8 days post surgery but they opened up the surgery sites. Have bandages. Dr said could have some drainage and didn't expect that it would actually drip alot. But pretty much dried up now. Today I am 10 days post surgery, and this has been my best day. Still not driving or walking too far, but feel a little better each day.
Hope you are all feeling better, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2007, 06:31 PM

To everyone whose pathology came back normal.... I got mine today too!!! WOO HOO!!!! Cancer runs in my family big time, so it was such a relief to find out that my uterus and cervix were cancer free!!! Made my day!

As far as post-op.... I agree with everyone who says UGGGGG LOL. My bm's are finally getting easier, but I made tuna fish salad today (after my sweet dh brought everything to me on the couch) and it totally wore me out.... sheesh I feel like such a wimp!! I mean all I did was mix up some stuff in a bowl. SIGH. However, today IS the first day I've made it to the couch.... only because my dh wanted to wash our sheets LOL. Can't wait to get back to the comfort of my bed.... trying to get comfy on the couch has been almost impossible due to not being able to lie on my back or sit up. Anyhow... I'm glad to hear all the "I'm getting better" reports... it helps a lot to hear it from others. s to ALL
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Tomorrow is Day 10

Wow, I guess my biggest problem now is impatience. But reading all of your posts reminds me I am right in the middle of the pack. The bm's are going OK and and it would be a lot better if I could stop the percoset. But I seem to have pain in the evenings and without a percoset, I will lie awake just feeling the aches. During the day I just take Motrin and feel fine.

I am walking every day and I enjoy getting outdoors. It was raining today so I carried an umbrella. Halfway through I noticed I was white-knuckling it. Ha! It seems goofy when you notice these little signs of weakness!

I still feel just a little shaky about making sure I don't trip or stumble. But I feel strong enough, flexible enough and my breathing feels good when I walk.

I also feel so lucky I had my pathology report back on Monday when I got my staples out. I am sorry so many of you have had to wait so long. It is such a relief to hear "no cancer".

I am still maintaining my happy little 5 pound weight loss. And I get so tired after doing simple things, like make lunch, or take a shower. I am not a good napper so I watch tv.

Keep on with your good recovery work ladies! Thanks for being here and sharing!!!
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbarbie
i am at one week now and lost as can be my body is healing well but emotionally i am a wreck. i thought this forum would help me get a grip on some of that. i am resting and doing some walking and moving about but my air conditioner can only run so cold (as you all know).
I am so sorry you are having the hot flashes. I am using the little patch thing and I haven't really had any emotionally crazy junk or hot flashes. I really like this patch. I feel better than I ever have. I really hope you start feeling better. Just remember that your body feels the "loss" too and it WILL take time for things to become normal. Best of luck!
Unread 06-29-2007, 10:26 PM

I am 1 week post op and glad to say that I feel pretty good. I had TVH for heavy bleeding and fibroids. (Kept my ovaries.)
I drove tonight for the first time...I was going stir crazy not going anywhere for a week! Took my girls to see a movie...that was not the best thing in the world to do--sitting for an hour and a half! Missed a few scenes due to having to pee...not really pee, but trying to pee!!
Haven't taken any Percoset since Sunday. That stuff knocked me right out!! Being home with the girls while hubby is at work, I couldn't take the pills, so I went to Ibuprofen and that seems to be working ok.
Having issues with urinating...feels like I really gotta go and then I sit there and dribble. It actually feels like a UTI, so I think I'm gonna have that checked out.
Emotionally I think I'm doing ok. I was a little panicky pre-op about not being able to have any more kids...I don't want any more, hubby's been "fixed" for 2 years. I think it was just the fact that I couldn't do it more so than I wanted to. I do cry a little bit here and there...you know--certain commercials or TV shows, but it's all good.
I read a lot of the posts and so many of you are having so many complications and problems...I feel bad that I'm not. I wish you all well!! Be strong, hydrate, and get lotsa hugs if you can!!
Thanks for listening!!
Tif
Unread 06-29-2007, 11:37 PM

had my vaginal hyst anteria repair and perineorraphy on june 25th home now feeling very sore have diarrhoea at the moment making me feel exhausted and still a lot of gasy pains

hope everyone else is feeling better
Unread 06-30-2007, 07:06 AM

Isn't it nice to have a place to talk to other women about this? I had my vag. hyst on June 19th with anterior and posterior repair and the perineorrhaphy. After reading some of these posts, you will see that much like the others, the repair work seems to be the most painful. One bright spot for you.... the diarrhea might be a blessing. Most of us are VERY constipated and are scared to death when we have to finally go for fear of tearing something.

Try to keep resting. I was bored out of my mind. I did start to feel a lot better when I made myself get around more. Even if it was going to the bathroom and then making a lap around the inside of my house.

Be careful as you sit down, if you can. I still can't sit for a long time without discomfort.
BUT IT IS GETTING BETTER

Good luck to you. Keep us posted. It helps to talk about it!!
Unread 06-30-2007, 08:42 AM

11 Days out from my TVH/BSO/TVT sling and apparently I'm the dim bulb, because I don't seem to learn that I'm over doing it until I can move in the evening and all the next day. Didn't have any post of bleeding, until a few days ago and then it started again yesterday - not sure what I did, but now I also have right side pain - Mortin and Tylenol have been handling the pain, but it feels like I may need to take a Dilaudid today I'm sure this will all be worth it in the long run, but it's so frustrating at this point - so much to do and I can't do even 1/4 of it - I feel like I'm neglecting my kids and DH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register