Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 06-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Trying to feel better

I keep trying to do little things and then bigger things and I get in trouble with myDH. Walking to the car and back is good. I did the drive way and back and got into serious trouble with DH. It also included a rid in mynext door Hyster sisters car to get batteries for my squishy pillow. I need to fold clothes, do dishes change sheets vacumn and clean bathrooms. This was all done before I went in by myoldst DS and his girlfriend, but it needs done again. Not getting introuble again. My bottom is planted!! I do know I over did last night. Right before this post ther was some spotting I haven't had before. Now what do I do tell DH and get yelled at more? Keep us all posted. I will do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Just a quick update...pathology came in today...on a Sat. I was scared to answer when the caller ID said "clinic". But all's well. They found a few polyps in my uterus...I don't know what those are, but everything was/is benign.
Have a wonderful painfree day everyone!!
Tif
Unread 06-30-2007, 04:42 PM

Ok girls ...Well I had a fever come Thursday night and on Friday had to call the doctor and turns out I have a UTI from the catherization...

My episitomy repair is very sore....so sitting is painful....but my belly incisions are not sore and look great...

they are so tiny....

the only thing that is really hurting other than my kidneys and bladder (which the antibiotics should fix ) is the inside of my vagina its like on the left side

I did over due it too much Friday after going to the doc and then we went to Walmart and did some grocery shopping I drove one of those little wheel chair carts because we went to Gabries to get one of my sons some clothes and I was on my feet for about 2 hours helping him pick clothes....

I was truely tired and wore out yesterday evening and today..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
June 26 surgery date

Not sure what to write as this is my first post.....but I surely didn't expect to feel what I am feeling. I had a textbook surgery and was home in 2 days....besides the pain and uncomfortableness of it all, I can't stop crying. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me. I don't know what to do with me. I feel so sad....now that it is over. I mean I am 42 and have a history of endo and haven't been able to get pregnant. But now that it is all out, I am so sad that that door is closed forever. I feel like I am moarning for the children I never had nor will ever have. I was ok with the fact of not being able to have kids before, but I always had that little hope that maybe someday. But the closer I got to 40, the more I realized at this age, I probably wouldn't want a baby....but still, I feel so lost and empty. I am not sure what to do about this. I just want to stop crying. Any advice from anyone???
Unread 06-30-2007, 07:51 PM

have you thought about adoption? There are so many children out there who would love to have a good loving family. Maybe that is what God had always intended for you.
Unread 07-01-2007, 12:49 AM

it is normal that you should be grieving. i know of someone who was to donate a kidney to a relative, and they becamed quite grief stricken the days before, it is a loss in many ways, for you, emotionally, symbolicaly, , physically, spiritually,. you might get some support thru counselling,, church ? synagogue ? , read about the stages of grief, it is real for you, you will get past it, but it will take time. do not minimize your feelings, be in them, you deserve them.
Unread 07-01-2007, 05:23 AM

leecbabe,
I can relate to that little bit of hope in the back of your mind . I always thought that maybe it would happen when i didn't expect it even though they said it wouldn't . I am kinda going thru the same thing i wanted so badly to give my hubby a baby he is the most kind man i have ever known and he is so good with my boys from first marriage but they are older and he never got to experience the whole thing but he says he is fine with it but i am still like you say mourning the fact that there is no longer a chance. crying is a good thing for a while though, you are getting it out. you need to talk and talk and talk some more about it. everything that you are feeling is perfectly normal so don't feel that you are weird or anything this is a wonderful place to come and discuss things like this and counseling works well also and i don't just mean professional counseling but informal counseling, like, sisters, mom, friends, pastors, or anyone you feel comfortable talking to. hang in there it will get easier each day.
Unread 07-01-2007, 10:37 AM

leecbabe,

For me, I have been going through the denial stages of grief over all of this. I had a LAVH/LSO but it is so similar to all the laps I have had done over the years to clean things up down there that it seems like just another one.

Until reading your post, I was able to convince myself that is true. But now, the tears are finally starting to fall. My dh had a vasc a few years ago so there was never a chance for us but still it never really sunk in until I was the one who couldn't. We have been blessed with 3 miracles after losing the first and told we never would have any. I should be happy with what I have instead of mourning what will never be.

My dh has a saying that sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't. He says at least you have your health. At least you are here with me and not gone. As I said, some days I am so happy that I am alive and it helps other days --- well..... I just wish that this wasn't necessary.

Saying lots of prayers for you and sending you lots of s
Unread 07-01-2007, 03:51 PM
My bladder is killing me!

Does anybody have some advice? I am almost 2 wks. post-op and the only thing really bothering me (besides the extreme tiredness) is the catheter still in place & the bladder spasms/discomfort that are going along with it! Need some relief--don't go back to urology until next Thursday, but think I will call tomorrow to see what they can suggest...meanwhile, help!
Unread 07-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Almost 2 weeks post-op and really am feeling great! I have been driving (short distances) since 10 days. I am concerned that my incision is maybe getting infected and I might have a UTI, so I'm going to call the dr. tomorrow. Am definately not doing any of the no-no's (vacuum, mop, etc.) until 6+ weeks, but we even went to a movie and dinner last night! and Bruce Willis...can make anyone feel better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register