Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Good Luck Chris! Please let us know...I'll say a prayer for you too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak236
i am sorry to hear you're having a hard time. i had a tvh on the 18th and am doing well except i am having horrible night sweats but wake up cold and i too am having a very hard time sleeping. if you find a solution for that please let me know. sure could use some sleep. lol Get better soon.
Paula
Paula -- I sleep under the fan in light weight clothing and stick and ice pack in my pillow. I let it cool down one side of the pillow and then put the ice pack on the back side (to cool it down) while sleeping on the cool side and then flip the pillow as need. I am sure a chillow pillow would work better but I don't have one. Also I keep a big glass with lots of ice and a water bottle by my bed. Fill with water and drink as needed.
Unread 07-03-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy1970
Just spoke to the Dr.'s office - he wants to see me - pretty sure I have a UTI - woke up running a fever in the middle of the night - also said the pathology report was in, and he wants to talk about it.... which now has me totally freaked out- see him at 3:30 today
Saying a prayer for you! I have to wait until Fri to hear my path report. I know its not good when you all are getting the results without any problems. Chris -- at least he is not holding you in suspense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:52 AM

Today is I believe 10 dys post op. I am walking pretty well an the pain is minor unless I overdo it. The problem is ... what is over doing it. Sitting on the couch talking with friends for 3-4 hours is overdoing it. Now I am in a ton of pain and back on the pain meds! I am getting dizzy spells now and massive headaches. UGH! I know I should call the dr but I don't want to! I do not want any more complications so if I don't call .... I won't know!!
Unread 07-03-2007, 08:57 AM

i have been up all night throwing up and into this morning. My body hurts so bad and from throwing up now my throat is very sore and my abdomen. just cant seem to get better. have a great day everyone. at least i havent thrown up now for a few hours. hope its over.
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:51 AM

Just got a call from the radiology department that they have scheduled the biopsy of my enlarged thyroid which was discovered during pre-admission testing/clearance. The test will be done on July 12th and she told me to stop taking the 600 mg of Motrin on Sunday and switch to Tylenol because Motrin is a blood thinner. The Vicadin is okay to continue with. I have been trying each day to wean myself off the pain meds but my "inners" are just hurting too much to do it.

Blue Moon Rise..........I know what you mean about not knowing what is overdoing it. Just sitting in one chair for more than 20 minutes or so seems to be overdoing it for me too. I am getting ready to try and go out for lunch with my DH and a friend and am sure this will set me back a day but the weather is just so lovely here in NJ right now I am willing to take that risk.

Hope everyone is on the mend soon.
Unread 07-03-2007, 10:03 AM

Dottie -- The biopsy isn't as bad as it sounds. Just scary. PM if you need more info. Mine was high and I had to take the radioactive iodine to correct it. Now its low and I will be on meds for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsunsets
Just got a call from the radiology department that they have scheduled the biopsy of my enlarged thyroid which was discovered during pre-admission testing/clearance. The test will be done on July 12th and she told me to stop taking the 600 mg of Motrin on Sunday and switch to Tylenol because Motrin is a blood thinner. The Vicadin is okay to continue with. I have been trying each day to wean myself off the pain meds but my "inners" are just hurting too much to do it.
Unread 07-03-2007, 10:11 AM

blue-moon rise...........

Thanks! Scary seems to be the theme for this year. : )
Unread 07-03-2007, 11:41 AM

8 days post op here and went back to doctor today..she said healing wise I am doing great she took out a stitch that ws bothering me...my incisions look great and she wanted to culture a urine sample specially since I am still having bladder pain and pressure...

I should know the results by Thurdsay and she will then let me know if I need more antibiotics...

I am feeling real good but I am having night sweats I woke up soaked this morning..
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-moon rose
Sitting on the couch talking with friends for 3-4 hours is overdoing it. Now I am in a ton of pain and back on the pain meds! I am getting dizzy spells now and massive headaches. UGH! I know I should call the dr but I don't want to! I do not want any more complications so if I don't call .... I won't know!!
Sitting on the couch for 3 - 4 hours isn't overdoing it. You need to call your doctor to find out what's going on. Please call the doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register