Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

blue moon, what a relief to hear all the work done and that you are in decent shape, all things considered. And so gratifying to hear that the doctor is very happy with your progress. I bet things will be getting better, bit by bit.

I had a fairly simple path report. multiple fibroids, largest was size of a grapefruit. Uterus was 550+ grams. My uterus was always tilted and the fibroids pushed it even further out of place. I could no longer urinate comfortably.
Now it feels like there is plenty of room inside there. And for the last 2 days, it is actually a pleasure to pee. I can hold it much longer and it feels so much more comfortable.
Little victories!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM

Witchiepoo,

I hope that you feel better soon. Just thank God that he brought you through it. I know that is hard to say because I have been struggling myself, but you will grow stronger everyday. I am sending you a big hug!!!

Be Blessed
Annette
Unread 07-07-2007, 04:39 AM

Blue-moon rose,

Wow........that's an incredible account of your surgery. I truely beleive everything happens for a reason. I feel the same about my surgery. If I hadn't pushed the doctor to find out what was wrong, it would have been too late by the time the pap came back abnormal.
Rest well my friend. There is plenty of time for walking and driving later in the summer.

On my front..............I did take a test drive yesterday since it was my two week anniversary (so to speak). It went well but just that little drive and visit to my office to pick something up REALLY wore me out. I slept most of the afternoon. I have been able to stop taking the Vicodan and switched from Motrin to Tylenol because of the upcoming thyroid biopsy. So far so good. It seems to be managing the pain/discomfort well.

A friend of mine told me the rule of sixes yesterday. According to him, it takes six hours for your body to adjust to the surgery, six days for the anesthia to get out of your system, six weeks to heal, and six months to feel yourself again. Alrighty then..........let's just sit tight till August!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2007, 10:26 AM

Marva --

I think we are all going through our own trials and tribulations and each one is just as important. Don't discount what you are feeling on my account!!

I can't believe you made it a whole week with a catheter. I wanted mine out as soon as I got to the room. The nurses and my doc thought I was crazy. I rather be in pain and crawl to the bathroom than have to have a catheter. Oh and there was lots of crying, grinding of teeth, and dh arms are quite bruised but I did it! I hate that catheter!!!

I am praying for your recovery as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marva637
My stuff is small potatoes compared to what you've gone through and you are so young...my best wishes for continuing recovery. marva637
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:39 AM

Lets see.... What have I been up to.

Everyone came home last night in a bad mood. The first thing I heard was doors slamming and boys yelling. They were all late getting here to begin with.

Evidentially, the sitter yesterday was a disaster. It was my back up plan as my sitter had to go out of town for a family emergency. My dh says the place needs to be condemned. It was disgusting, smelled like bm, and nothing was clean. This is a friend of mine whos home is never clean but was my only option. Dh was ticked to say the least. The boys were upset and my oldest was screaming at dh about how he didn't love them if he left them in a place like that.

Dinner was a disaster. Someone dropped off a casserole (actually my pastors wife). The boys (including dh) all looked at it and refused to eat it. I took a bite -- it did upset my tummy so they all decide to throw it out (without even trying it!) and go out to eat. So .... they drag me out to a restaurant. I was trying so hard. It helped them to relax but I was in so much pain just sitting there that I didn't really eat any. It was so hard just to walk from the car to the table and out again.

My health insurance was canceled and so now we are paying cash for everything and can't afford to do so.

When I got home ... I decided to try The temps were down (was around 117) Looks like the monsoons might be coming in early. So since it was in the 90s (cool for us!) and the boys (still including dh) were heading for the mailbox. I thought I would try it. Made it 1.5 houses down to the lamp post. Ended up in tears and turned around to get home. The boys went to the mailbox and back (about 1.5 blocks away) before I even got to the lamp post. It took about 30 mins just for that little bit of walking. Then it was off to a nap and pain pills.

Most of my steristrips are gone now. Just the ones on the right side are left. My belly button looks like a road map -- it has been cut open so many times. But the incision on my left is so tiny. Its like the width of my fingernail and probably just as thin. I am truly surprised! My stretch marks show more than my surgical scars will. Now if only to get rid of the stretch marks! I am hoping the right one looks the same. I only had 3 incisions.

Still hurting, still having trouble with bm, and still burning from nerve generation but getting there. Considering doc said I am starting over from 0 now ... guess I am not doing to bad at all!

I just wish everyone else wasn't so stressed out around me. But the night out ... helped them. Not me though. I am hoping to enjoy left overs today!
Unread 07-07-2007, 11:03 AM

Hang in there - your boys just have to get used to doing for themselves for a while - don't do too much! We really cannot afford our surgeries (my husband just had one 2 mos ago) either, but health is very important! We know how hard it is and hope you hang in there and you'll get better soon!
Unread 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM

BMR: Yep, it was 15 amazing days with my friend 'cathy', if I could have peed at all on my own it would not have been anywhere near that long! Especially after the uti set in...anyway, it is in the past, I am going to stay in the present moment, which is going quite well, in a manner of speaking. Thanks for letting me whine & getting away with it -- although, I suppose I have just cause, too! At 62, I have to appreciate the fact that I have been in good health forever, and my stuff was repair work, no threat of cancer or any other disease, so, even tho it was extensive and all, I really don't have much to complain about. And today is going better every hour, even tho I am tired...hope same is true for all my friends out there... love to all! m.
Unread 07-07-2007, 02:43 PM

Well I drove in real traffic today (outside of the neighborhood) to the Healthfood Store, got some supplements for severe mood swings, night sweats I am starting to have. I called the MD and they are calling in for the Bio-identical Hormone trochies for me, which should arrive next week. My dh had a fit on Thurs. cause I wanted AC down to 75 degrees. "I thought this was over" "I thought they fixed all that", he said. Bless his heart!! LOL . Don't worry, he basically said the same thing over my first mood swing. I told him "they didn't give me a Frontal Labotomy!" I had to explain to him what my surgery was, exactly.
I am feeling a bit bloated today, and having pain and pressure in my rear-end. I guess its from the surgery still. The big belly makes clothes a pain to wear. I feel like I should go to the maternity store and pick up an outfit or 2. I did go to the vegetable stand and picked up something healthy for myself...an "Upper Crust Chocolate Cream Pie". How many of you gals have that at your local veggie stand? Take care everyone and thanks for your love and support!
Unread 07-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi out there

I just found this site today - wish I would have found it earlier. I had an abdominal hysterectomy on June 19th. I went in for an LAVH but my bladder was not only adhered to my uterus but it was also growing inside it. I left with a catheter for 2 weeks, which is gone now thank goodness. I have no friends who have had this done so I'm new to all of this. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. What is up with this crying for no reason???
Unread 07-07-2007, 04:47 PM

Awww, North49, welcome aboard. I'm sorry about the crying. It sounds like you've had a real time of it. A catheter for 2 weeks is a big deal.
Hang in there! I am glad you found us. There's lots of info and support here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register