Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

Unread 06-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jun 18-Jun 25,2007

My lavh went fine however I got fluid in my lungs both of them. Had a reaction to the moriphine and done remember anything from Monday until thursday. My heart was racing and my bp was low. I was sick to my stomach and had a killer headache when I finally came to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Hi everyone!

Had my LAVH yesterday(6/21)...and came home this morning. Dr & staff were really impressed with my outcome, pretty much no bleeding/discharge...really no pain, until after I was home for a couple hours, and now it's just a nagging/irritating pain. Wow, did the upper swelly belly so up this evening. I just wanted to thank everyone for their stories and expertise. It made things alot easier, since I knew what to expect

Officially a princess now!!!
Unread 06-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Home and Recovering

Underwent my Rad Hysterectomy June 18 and was realeased on June 21..my stay was a bit longer as there were some surprises during and after surgery. In addition to the hysterectomy, it seems my uterus had adhered to my rectum. The doctors had to cut the uterus out and repair the rectum. Removed the uterus, cervix, tubes, lymph nodes and one ovary. Surgery showed evidence also of endometriosis. When I came out of surgery, my blood pressure wouldn't rise...it would stay in the 84/46 range until the doctors decided to give me 2 units of blood.

I will say I am happy to be home and taking it one day at a time. I have had other types of surgery in the past, but nothing compares to this. I was sent home catheterized until I see the doctor in a week and still have not had a bowel movement, which frightens me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak236
How Long Do You Have To Wait Before Taking A Bath?
  Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak236
I have been home from the hospitol for a day and a half and I have been running a temp of 99.8 Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
  Quote:
Originally Posted by carriescandles
I had a laporscopic supracervical hysterectomy on June 18 and am home now. I have been resting and no lifting or driving but today my incesions are bleeding on and off all day. my motherin law says i should call my dr any suggestions.

Dear June 18 - June 25 ladies,

Just a reminder. Questions about your recovery should be asked in a NEW thread. That way *all* members, not only those who share your surgery date week, will be able to offer their experience. Starting a new thread with your questions you will insure that your questions receive the attention they deserve.
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:01 AM

I had my TVH 7am, 6/19, due to severe pelvic pain, fibroids. Home from the hospital 8pm, 6/20. Have been very sore, a little swollen, tired, moderate pain and no bm yet I'm numb in the left inner thigh (which i've read is from the legs/nerve positioning during the surgery) and I'm a little dizzy feeling from time-to-time. I guess I'm healing as expected. God Bless everyone. Emm.
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Had my LAVH on June 18. by Friday I had only slept one night..major insomnia...BM's another major ouch..what's the easiest thing to ease the nasua?
Unread 06-23-2007, 11:12 AM

I am not sure how long your Dr wants you to wait. I had a lapro surgical TVH. I only have 3 little inscisions on my belly. I finally took a bath today. My favorite thing to do. Make sure someone helps you get in and out of the tub. You will tense up your belly without even realizing it. The bath felt great but make sure if you are allowed to bathe that you pat dry your bandages. Showers were too hard for me to stand so my hubby bought me a cheap little lawn chair to sit in while I shower. I liked the bath better though. It made my cramping better. I only took a short 10 minute bath. I'd ask your Dr. first to make sure. Just don't strain yourself. Getting in and out is harder than you think. Good luck!
Unread 06-23-2007, 02:30 PM

i had my total LAVH on the evening of the 21st. i got to come home yesterday afternoon. i think some sort of depression or hormone thing must be about to hit because where i had a bit of energy bursts yesterday and last night... today all i can do is lay in bed and drift in and out of sleep. i have to force myself to think about getting up and walking and it feels like it takes forever to gather the strenght to do it.

when i need to go to the bathroom... no matter if its peeing or bm that is needed, it feels as if it takes me forever.

and the gas bubbles in my shoulder and under my ribs are nearly unbearable. it feels as if everything inside my abdomen shuffles around each time i try to lay down or get up.

laying a pillow over my belly helps a bit... and a nice square heated rice pack sitting on my chest near my shoulder seems to help quite a bit. i just made not one but three trips up and down my hallway thanks to the wonderful bag of chocolates my grandfather left for me that i finally got an appetite for.

so my recovery seems to be dragging by slowly in comparison to how i would normally heal.. but i guess the point is that i AM recovering and upon removing my remaining ovary, uterus and cervix... my dr had also found new growths of endo behind the uterus that he cut out as well. when he visited with my report in the hospital yesterday he said he imagined i felt as if i'd been run over by a small truck (at which point i thought more like a semi truck) .. my dr was brave and somewhat admirable in his attempt at humor when he said he was the driver of said truck. he told me there had been no complications and all went well during the procedure. i asked if there was any chance of the endo returning and he admited there's always a chance, but he gave mine a teeny chance of less than .1% so i'm very happy with that result.

i feel as if i've been sitting here for ages just typing this small little update and i can't remember what i even typed at the beginning. i guess i'm still pretty heavily medicated. upon awaking from surgery it took not one but two doses of morphine to back off the pain. and i was on a steady stream of percocet in the hospital and am still on hydrocodones and anti-inflammatories.

but i think i have given an ok update. i hope everyone in here is doing well and good luck with all the recoveries. also i would like to thank everyone for all the help around here. it has made a huge difference. but now i must go back and lay back down before i over do it and bring on another fever.

best of luck to everyone! and HUGS all around.

oh yeah... i was also wondering... does anyone have any suggestions for the awful gas pocket pains... and is it normal for the entire abdomen (maybe its the intestines) to rumble and gurgle almost constantly at this point? its not a hunger growl... just keeps rumbling and feeling as if everything is moving around all the time in there. thanks!
Unread 06-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Yep I'm home too

Hi ladies I made it home yesterday. More later.
Unread 06-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivy29
oh yeah... i was also wondering... does anyone have any suggestions for the awful gas pocket pains... and is it normal for the entire abdomen (maybe its the intestines) to rumble and gurgle almost constantly at this point? its not a hunger growl... just keeps rumbling and feeling as if everything is moving around all the time in there. thanks!
Please start a NEW thread in the Post Op forum for questions about your recovery. By posting here, in this recovery progress thread, you are limiting yourself to responses only by the ladies who share your surgery date week. Posting your question as a new topic will allow your questions to be viewed by members who are further along in their recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register